• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Meatfreak 2015 Glog

Hi all, thanks for watching. Will be keeping a small glog this year to share progress with my friends. I've started my grow on 26th of January, everything has popped by now and true leaves are being formed. Like every year I will be growing multiple "new" Jalapeno's I've collected so far, about 21. The rest of my grow will exist mostly out of crosses I made previous season and new crosses/phenotypes from friends. Goal was to keep the amount of plants limited because I want more time on my hands for of course family and to grow other veggies to.

IMAG6249.jpg

IMAG6250.jpg

Been a while since I've posted something... have been really, really busy with prepping and cleaning up the garden. It still was an mess and I wanted to take care of it before the season is in full swing again.
Plants have grown a lot and by the looks of it they are even doing better then last season. Bigger and taller. Already brought 1/4 of plants to the polytunnel but then the day after night temps dropped. Luckily they survived and are still growing, although slower.

First a pic of my garden, this is a older one but you'll get the idea. On the left I planted all kinds of fruit like red & white currants, blueberries, red & yellow raspberries and blackberries. Still need to plant out my wild peaches trees in the empty plot.
IMAG6553.jpg

Already have blueberries setting!
IMAG6570.jpg

Glass Gem Corn
IMAG6565.jpg

First plants in the poly.
IMAG6569_.jpg

As I got tired of removing buds, I let my leftover plants do their thing. First one to set pods is the Yellow Jalapeno.
IMAG6594_.jpg

Yesterday I re-potted my Pubescens into their final pot, 11 gallons each. Once it's to warm inside, I will put them outside.
IMAG6595.jpg

Looking good.  A couple of my blueberry plants have berries on them already, too.  A couple other plants appear to be dying.  I guess I know which varieties to propagate now.  I have some Glass Gem corn seed, too, but don't know if I will get it planted.  I bought too many varieties last winter; I don't have room for all of them.

The Bhut Orange Copenhagen seeds you sent have made past dicot stage and into true leaves(they had just started to pop when I left). I moved the nursing station into the kitchen when the wife, botched the first round of sprouts when I left last trip, no she says she "paranoid".....GOOD! Pretty sure that won't happen again...fingers crossed!

Looks like are well into a very good start, love the blueberries.

stickman said:
Alright Stefan.. pods already! Looking good in the polytunnel... I planted my peppers outside this weekend and set up my low row covers over them too. Keep on truckin' bro!
Thanks, Rick! I started past weekend, still got a lot to harden off, mostly Annuum now.

Sawyer said:
Looking good.  A couple of my blueberry plants have berries on them already, too.  A couple other plants appear to be dying.  I guess I know which varieties to propagate now.  I have some Glass Gem corn seed, too, but don't know if I will get it planted.  I bought too many varieties last winter; I don't have room for all of them.
Yeah really happy with my blueberries, gonna try and take some cuttings to get extra plants. They are really expensive and the kids love them. Still need to plant out the corn, got it in a trade from a friend. Excited to grow it :)

capsidadburn said:
Sounds like your in control Stefan!  Glad to hear it.
Hey Mike, good to hear from you. I try to but I overdid it again of course hehe :lol:

gnslngr said:
The Bhut Orange Copenhagen seeds you sent have made past dicot stage and into true leaves(they had just started to pop when I left). I moved the nursing station into the kitchen when the wife, botched the first round of sprouts when I left last trip, no she says she "paranoid".....GOOD! Pretty sure that won't happen again...fingers crossed!

Looks like are well into a very good start, love the blueberries.
Good to hear, Dave! Yeah can't complain, things have been going well again pre-season. Now busy times with planting out and hope to get some mean looking pods by the end of June :D

ronniedeb said:
Looking great Stefan. That plot is fantastic. Is it at an Allotment?
Thanks, Ronan. Yes it is, 240m². Was a lot of work and still is but getting there.

romy6 said:
 Plants and poly are stunning as usual brother  :fireball:
:cheers: buddy! :D

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
How many plants of tomatoes fo you have total

I don't have much luck with berries
Planted on having less this year, 30 in total but I do have a lot of extras left. Tempted to plant out some more, I do have the space.

Yes! First ones are planted out, big chunk of the Chinense are now planted out. Rest will follow soon and next week the Annuum/Frutescens.
IMAG6635_.jpg

Back