• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Meatfreak 2015 Glog

Hi all, thanks for watching. Will be keeping a small glog this year to share progress with my friends. I've started my grow on 26th of January, everything has popped by now and true leaves are being formed. Like every year I will be growing multiple "new" Jalapeno's I've collected so far, about 21. The rest of my grow will exist mostly out of crosses I made previous season and new crosses/phenotypes from friends. Goal was to keep the amount of plants limited because I want more time on my hands for of course family and to grow other veggies to.

IMAG6249.jpg

IMAG6250.jpg

You know, Stefan, terribly hot and fruits find hard to set... Then come the storms, and even wit all the preventative measures you wake up in the morning and find many broken branches...

Guitarman said:
You know, Stefan, terribly hot and fruits find hard to set... Then come the storms, and even wit all the preventative measures you wake up in the morning and find many broken branches...
Yeah we have very strong winds to this season (year even). It causes a lot of damage but luckily not to my plants as they are "inside".

ronniedeb said:
Looking great Stefan. Give me heatwave over cold gales and rain anyday!! :rolleyes:
Heatwave is over and I'm glad. Having 34C during the day ain't my definition of fun, Ronan ;)

Some more pics to share, made a small harvest from pods that were set inside on some extra plants. Some Padrons as snack :)

IMAG7105.jpg

Yellow BBG7
IMAG7119_.jpg

Devils Tongue Caramel
IMAG7127.jpg

Borg 9 Chocolate
IMAG7131.jpg

Jaranda (Spanish Heirloom) Have been looking for years for this variety, it's part of Pimento de la Vera. Still looking for Jeromin and Jariza ;)
IMAG7132.jpg

Bubblegum 7 Elongated Chocolate (from Jason)
IMAG7129.jpg

Kumato tomato
IMAG7125.jpg

Corn is looking well to.
IMAG7124.jpg

Stefan, always immense pleasure to see your growth and manner of your documentations here :lol: .
Last pic:  what are they?  Wonder why there are more than one variety there

justecila said:
Stefan, always immense pleasure to see your growth and manner of your documentations here :lol: .
Last pic:  what are they?  Wonder why there are more than one variety there
It's your Candlelight Purple, Alice. It's 3 different phenotypes together including the desired one hehe :)

Trident chilli said:
Stefan great looking pods ... Bubblegum 7 Yellow have a tremendous calyx .... almost like the pod is wearing a bobble hat
Thanks, you those calyx are cool, now I only need some bigger pods so I can get some seeds for the next generation :D

Pimenta Lisa F-3, correct phenotype
20150808_210629_.jpg

Bubblegum 7 Elongated Chocolate
20150808_210645_.jpg

Bhut Jolokia White, not white at all but got another plant that is a bit different in podshape.
20150808_210755_.jpg

Scotch Brain
20150808_211325_.jpg

Jaranda
20150808_211342_.jpg

7 Pot Mustard
20150808_212754_.jpg

meatfreak said:
Been a while since the last update so I figured some pictures would be nice. Things are going well but temps have been low until last week. Forecasts say we will have a heatstroke this week :(

Bubblegum 7 Orange
IMAG6937_.jpg
IMAG6942_.jpg

SBS Ornamental
IMAG6924_.jpg

Sukanya
IMAG6965_.jpg

Ampuis
IMAG6967_.jpg

Big Caramel Mama
IMAG6990.jpg

Jalapeño Yellow
IMAG6996_.jpg

Unknown Pubescens, sowed as Sukanya but clearly not it.
IMAG6997.jpg

Rocoto Guatemalan Orange
IMAG6998.jpg

Bubblegum 7 Caramel
IMAG6992_.jpg

Pretty Pods - I've got to try to Bubblegum 7 Orange.
meatfreak said:

Some pics.

IMAG7379_.jpg

IMAG7383_.jpg

IMAG7402_.jpg

IMAG7403_.jpg

IMAG7405_.jpg

IMAG7406_.jpg

IMAG7419_.jpg

IMAG7368_.jpg

IMAG7343.jpg

IMAG7323_.jpg

Nice Harvest!

ronniedeb said:
Great pods Stefan. My Lisa is much darker, both stems, and pods. Lots of pods set now though, after a slow start. 
Thanks, Ronan. Sounds like your plant is like my 2nd plant that is pitch black and pods stay a dark purple to. Nice but not the phenotype I am looking for with the Pimenta Lisa :) Glad to hear yours is producing well, mine isn't doing that great so far. Think I got about 12-14 pods?

juanitos said:
looks good, those yellow bbg7 look a little ridiculous lol

i like the pimenta lisa.
Yeah those yellow bbg7's are silly but they do ripen to a nice vibrant yellow color :)

Back