• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Meatfreak 2015 Glog

Hi all, thanks for watching. Will be keeping a small glog this year to share progress with my friends. I've started my grow on 26th of January, everything has popped by now and true leaves are being formed. Like every year I will be growing multiple "new" Jalapeno's I've collected so far, about 21. The rest of my grow will exist mostly out of crosses I made previous season and new crosses/phenotypes from friends. Goal was to keep the amount of plants limited because I want more time on my hands for of course family and to grow other veggies to.

IMAG6249.jpg

IMAG6250.jpg

Plants look healthy and your setup is clean and tight as always Stefan!

Good luck for this season, love me some jalos! :)

Datil

Bpoole55 said:
Nice grow tunnel. Im looking to build me one here soon hopefully!
Thanks, I can only recommend.

gnslngr said:
I 'm getting greenhouse envy..............and enough inspiration perhaps for a good late season project I'm thinking.
Why not Dave, like I said above. Highly recommend it :D I couldn't grow or achieve the same results without it :(

Datil said:
Plants look healthy and your setup is clean and tight as always Stefan!

Good luck for this season, love me some jalos! :)

Datil
Thanks, Fabrizio! You will get your Jala fix ;) growing a lot again this season.

Some pictures as it's been a while. All Chinense are planted out and starting to explode with growth. Annuums are at 50% planted out, rest will follow this week.

Pumpkin Chili
IMAG6703.jpg

SBS Ornamental
IMAG6716_.jpg

Jalapeño Multi-Color
IMAG6715_.jpg

Candlelight Purple
IMAG6730_.jpg

Jalapeño Yellow
IMAG6728.jpg

Bubblegum 7 Orange
IMAG6725.jpg

And first cherry's of the season, Osu Blue x Lycopersicon Pimpenellifolium
IMAG6714.jpg

Great looking pods and plants Stefan!  That Orange Bubblegum 7 is just crazy big and smooth on the calyx!  Great ornamental and Jalapeno bloom colors too!

Glad to see the Meatfreak machine steaming forward!

Great to see your plants are all in-ground and you're getting cherry tomatoes already! I've got blossoms on mine so I'm not far behind you. :)

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
nice to see someone still giVing Ora ge a chance
Not the same strain, Denniz. That was a bust right, didn't grow true but I got seeds from an different source :) Got a lot more going but you will see when there's something to show :P

capsidadburn said:
Great looking pods and plants Stefan!  That Orange Bubblegum 7 is just crazy big and smooth on the calyx!  Great ornamental and Jalapeno bloom colors too!

Glad to see the Meatfreak machine steaming forward!
Cheers, Mike! I've gathered a nice selection of varieties again, overdid it to on the amount of plants but it's gonna be a great season I'm sure. I love the calyx of BBG7 varieties :D

stickman said:
Great to see your plants are all in-ground and you're getting cherry tomatoes already! I've got blossoms on mine so I'm not far behind you. :)
Almost done now, only 12 more varieties left which I will plant out tomorrow! Yeah got more tomatoes going but these are ahead on the rest. Good to hear you got flowers to, won't be long then :)

Been a while since the last update so I figured some pictures would be nice. Things are going well but temps have been low until last week. Forecasts say we will have a heatstroke this week :(

Bubblegum 7 Orange
IMAG6937_.jpg
IMAG6942_.jpg

SBS Ornamental
IMAG6924_.jpg

Sukanya
IMAG6965_.jpg

Ampuis
IMAG6967_.jpg

Big Caramel Mama
IMAG6990.jpg

Jalapeño Yellow
IMAG6996_.jpg

Unknown Pubescens, sowed as Sukanya but clearly not it.
IMAG6997.jpg

Rocoto Guatemalan Orange
IMAG6998.jpg

Bubblegum 7 Caramel
IMAG6992_.jpg

S'right brother... very nice pics of your pods so far! First time I've seen an orange BBG7, where did you get the seeds for that variety? Glad to hear things are finally starting to warm up for you. We're still a bit behind here, but things should turn around soon. Cheers!

Trident chilli said:
Great photography Stefan ... yes those high temperatures from Spain should help our plants to flourish ... all the best
Thanks! The temps are a bit to high now for the polytunnels, bad for pod setting.

stickman said:
S'right brother... very nice pics of your pods so far! First time I've seen an orange BBG7, where did you get the seeds for that variety? Glad to hear things are finally starting to warm up for you. We're still a bit behind here, but things should turn around soon. Cheers!
I got the seeds in a trade with a friend last season :) Also hope to show you an Yellow version ;)

Spicegeist said:
Nice tunnel!  So clean and orderly, great work...
Clean and orderly calms the mind :)

romy6 said:
 Stefan my brother some fine pics indeed . :dance:

Did you get a new camera and are you holding out on me  ;)
No man, still taking pics with my 4 year old smartphone  :oops: should get a new one but I find them totally overpriced these days :P

Essegi said:
That calix looks really cool. I wonder if it's good to eat!
It is tasty, just not 7pot flavor or heat. More like an Orange Habanero.

Jamison said:
Looking stellar Meaty! Out of curiosity where did the caramel bb7 seeds come from?
Thanks, Jamison. I got the seeds from Butch T, he got an pheno last season. Didn't know you had a caramel until about 2 weeks ago :)

meatfreak said:
Been a while since the last update so I figured some pictures would be nice. Things are going well but temps have been low until last week. Forecasts say we will have a heatstroke this week :(

Weather is killing us too here in Italy, hang on Stefan, things will soon be better!

Roberto

Guitarman said:

Weather is killing us too here in Italy, hang on Stefan, things will soon be better!

Roberto

Yeah it has finally cooled down a bit but we are still suffering drought here. I hardly have time to spend on the garden since most of the times I'm just watering. Guess your experiencing the same problem, Roberto?

Back