• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MGOLD86's GLOG, of sorts. NEW Billy Boy Douglah Review!

baeb2f3f.jpg

With that being said,
welcome.gif
to my grow log.

As a disclaimer, if you came here to learn how to grow peppers the right way, you might as well leave. Also, if you get easily offended, send all hatemail to Romy6. Thx. If you are looking for a pro log …… click http://www.thehotpep...al-discussion/. If you want meticulous notes, and updates like clockwork, click http://www.thehotpep...hot-grow-2012/.

For those of you who are still here, I’m Matt, and you can call me that. That or homie, bro, chief, man, buddy, or Javier. This is season number 2 and last year was a disaster. Somewhere between scouring the web to find out why all my plants couldn’t break the 2 foot mark I ran across this forum, and bam, hooked. I started gathering seeds in June and got them in dirt (or coffee filters) today.

Here is my list:

Scorps:
ButchT- Pepper lover/Chad S 3
Red TScorp-AJ 3
Yellow TScorp-Brian 3
TScorp Marouga-Pepper Lover 3

Indian:
Red Bhut-Pepper Lover 3
Assam Bhut Indian Carbon- Pepper Lover 3
Giant Red Bhut-PGM 3
Choc Bhut-PGM 3
Peach Bhut-Aji Joe 3
Naga Morich- Brian 3

7's:
Yellow 7: THSC 3
White 7: Pepper Lover 3
Jonah: Pepper Lover 3
Primo: Pepper Lover 3
Barrakpore: Pepper Lover 3
Douglah: THSC 3
Brain Strain: CMPMAN 3
Yellow Brain Strain: Pepper Lover 3
Infinity: Wouter 3

Habs:
Red Savina-Pepper Lover 3
Red Hab- Pepper Lover 3
Orange Hab- Pepper Lover 3

Crosses:
Naga x 7 Pot-Chad 3
Peach Habalokia-Aji Joe 3
Red Scorpanero #2-Aji Joe 3
Yellow Habalokia-Aji Joe 3

Others:
Fatalii-Pepper Lover 3
Trinidad Perfume-Pepper Lover 3
Tabago Seasoning-Pepper Lover 3
Aji Yellow-Aji Joe 3
Inca Red Drop-Kevin 3
Maui Purple- Kevin 3

Medium:

Biker Billy Jal- Burpee 0
Cayenne- Burpee 0

Mild/Sweet:

Joe E. Parker- HM 0
Red Bell Orion F1- HM 0
Yellow Bell Catriona- HM 0

For background on my set up with plenty of pics and commentary click http://www.thehotpep...-now-with-pics/ basically, I have a 5x5x7 growtent with a 600w MH.
8cb5f8e2.jpg

I am planting via 2 methods, coffee filter and direct sow. I want to eventually plant out 1 of each variety so I sowed 3 seeds. I soaked my seeds last night in water and planted 1 in a tray of Hoffman’s Seed Starter (thanks Ronnie),
fe6e7491.jpg

and the other two I stuck in coffee filters and plastic bags. So EVERYONE is aware, this method is not a quick one. Consider yourself warned.
b28bda4d.jpg

When I finished planting/bagging everything, I stuck it in my tent which maintains about 81-84 and we shall keep our fingers crossed.

d3223e2c.jpg

parting shot
7464807f.jpg

Now it is time to PWN some 12 year olds in MW3. Peace!

Bhutcicles....will be doing some experimenting with fruit purees, big pods ......I may regret this :rofl:

Last night , I got ambushed when some friends showed up at the ship....long story short, after the mandatory beer fest was over , food consumed etc, I stashed the top half a primo next to the half of a shrimp poorboy. Got up early, shagged back to port....sure am hungry. In the dark , doing the old "by feel" thing, I opened the " wrong" end of the wrapper...thought a "a loose shrimp or 2", tipped the wrap up, chomped away (enter the "you dip sh$t" thought) ....you guessed it, the mean end of the primo. No fluids avail...... :fireball: ...."damn it man" strikes again.Long drive :rofl: , and I don't think I could taste ANY of that remaining sandwich....

:rofl:

That is a nice harvest to come home to.

You are tellin me! It was a great 2 hours!

Bhutcicles....will be doing some experimenting with fruit purees, big pods ......I may regret this :rofl:

Last night , I got ambushed when some friends showed up at the ship....long story short, after the mandatory beer fest was over , food consumed etc, I stashed the top half a primo next to the half of a shrimp poorboy. Got up early, shagged back to port....sure am hungry. In the dark , doing the old "by feel" thing, I opened the " wrong" end of the wrapper...thought a "a loose shrimp or 2", tipped the wrap up, chomped away (enter the "you dip sh$t" thought) ....you guessed it, the mean end of the primo. No fluids avail...... :fireball: ...."damn it man" strikes again.Long drive :rofl: , and I don't think I could taste ANY of that remaining sandwich....

OMG! I could only imagine!! I thought it was tough enough KNOWING that I was eating a Primo! I am not into the OOPS...I just ate a superhot crew!

Here are a few more photos.

file-6.jpg

file-7.jpg

file-8.jpg

file-9.jpg

Holy Heck in a hand basket Matt, now that's something nice to come home to. My aim is to have the same problem your having next year.

It started out pretty slow, but then BOOM!!! Thanks for stoppin in!

That is like having xmas in August.... Very nice hall. You deserve it. And that review was awesome. I think Im going to give Judy some business this winter and get some seeds that I dont have

OHH and the way you laid out the peppers and labeled them is extremely helpful to a novice like me. Helps me see the difference in the pod shapes colors ect.

That is like having xmas in August.... Very nice hall. You deserve it. And that review was awesome. I think Im going to give Judy some business this winter and get some seeds that I dont have

OHH and the way you laid out the peppers and labeled them is extremely helpful to a novice like me. Helps me see the difference in the pod shapes colors ect.

Thanks Pia!! I would definitely check Judy out, she has always been more than awesome to us. Kinda like the Pepper Ms. Santa Claus!

I can't take the credit for the layout pic, I saw SilverSurfer post one and had to do a bit of CTRL + C....:dance:

LOL....the emotional roller coaster,and the facial expressions are PRICELESS!
"almost rain man like"

Another thing, When you cough, IT'S ABOTTT TA GO DOWN! I think I've seen you cough maybe 2-3 times?

:rofl: same thing happens in the doctors office....

So I gave the Peach Bhut a shot last night.
i actually have been pretty excited to review this one. I got a chance to try a part of this pod from a dried piece that Joe put in the seed bag. Many people say this one is their favorite tasting pods, and it didn't disappoint on that account.

On Taste. It had a pretty fruity quick burst of flavor, not to perfume tasting, which made it great to eat. It was atypical to most of the other Bhuts I have tried, in that it wasn't "earthy". The flavor carried through the heat and that made it more enjoyable. I still think that the taste of the dried pod was a bit better, and think powdering it would be awesome.

On Heat. The heat wasn't too bad, more on the milder side of the heavyweights. I don't know if I would call it a "super", but it was definitely on the hotter end of the spectrum of those pods that fall just short of being supers.

Overall. A good producer, and a medium heat. It is a pain in the tail to determine if the pods are ripening, you almost have to break one open to make sure it is ready. If nothing else, they look cool as hell...

Wow!!! Awesome harvest!

A couple of questions. 2nd row, first two trays. Are those habaneros or peach bhuts?

Love the labeled pics! What program are you using to edit the photos?

Oh, and a suggestion from the peanut gallery, aka my 13 year old son who's usually playing computer games next to me while I watch your videos. Turn your head away from the mic when you blow your nose, LOL! I always enjoy your videos, and it won't be the same around THP once you're deployed!

Matt my man. I just wanted to thank you for the box of pure :hell: that you just sent me. Just when I though my ass was gonna get a break BAM! Many strains I have never had the pleasure of dabbling. You are the growing machine. The ButchT pod is a monster. And the Choclate bhut is the biggest bhut I ever ave seen( that didn't sound right ;) )! . :crazy: You will repaid in a huge way. The kicker was seeing the chocolate habs grown from seeds that I have grown. You made my day. I cannot thank you enough. Be on the lookout for a nice package of powder I will be making this weekend to take on your tour. :lol:

The money shot!!!! :lol:

IMG_3769.jpg

Nice review of the Peach Bhut, that is one pepper I can't wait to grow next year.

Thanks, I am pretty happy with it. A bit of a PITA to tell when they are ripe, but good taste and good heat.

Wow!!! Awesome harvest!

A couple of questions. 2nd row, first two trays. Are those habaneros or peach bhuts?

Love the labeled pics! What program are you using to edit the photos?

Oh, and a suggestion from the peanut gallery, aka my 13 year old son who's usually playing computer games next to me while I watch your videos. Turn your head away from the mic when you blow your nose, LOL! I always enjoy your videos, and it won't be the same around THP once you're deployed!

Hey Bonnie! Glad you stopped in! The second row, first tray are Fataliis, and the second tray are Peach Bhuts. I use Skitch to edit the photos, and it works pretty good for me as well as super easy to use. Tell your son thanks for the tip, I wouldn't want to screw up his kill/death ratio in CoD...

Matt, great video! I got some seeds from ajijoe a few weeks ago. Will be growing the Peach Bhut in the summer of 2013.

Yea, that is where I got my seeds from. He is awesome for those crazy seeds.

dammit guess I have to add this one to the ever growing list of things to grow...
Awesome review as always

Yup you do! Lol. Just accept the fact that you are going to have more than you planned. :lol:

great review. lmfaoo at still trying to fit in you pre-pregnancy clothes. :rofl: That cracked me up. Your going to make me spend hundreds of dollars on peppers next year with these reviews..

lol! No need to spend hundreds, wait, what does my ledger say? :mope:

Matt my man. I just wanted to thank you for the box of pure :hell: that you just sent me. Just when I though my ass was gonna get a break BAM! Many strains I have never had the pleasure of dabbling. You are the growing machine. The ButchT pod is a monster. And the Choclate bhut is the biggest bhut I ever ave seen( that didn't sound right ;) )! . :crazy: You will repaid in a huge way. The kicker was seeing the chocolate habs grown from seeds that I have grown. You made my day. I cannot thank you enough. Be on the lookout for a nice package of powder I will be making this weekend to take on your tour. :lol:

The money shot!!!! :lol:

IMG_3769.jpg

No problem Jamie!! I am just happy that I was able to START to repay your generosity!

Nice video. Some day I will get to that level lol.

lol, it aint that hard if I can do it!! lol, if you would have showed me photos of the end of my season at the beginning of my season....I would have told you that you were :high:

So I am getting down to the wire, and I wanted to bring a bit of heat with me. People here have been super generous and I have a few bottles of sauces and powders coming in pretty soon. I am planning on stockpiling some HEAT in my bag to light some Marine faces on fire!

So today I broke out the new dehydrator!

I started with this:
file-10.jpg

I thought I was going to be able to fit them all...NOPE! LOL

So what I ended up with is 2 different "recipes". One is all Bhut. I threw in Yellow, Peach, Brown, Choc, and Red. The other is a Stupid Super mix. It has Infinity, 7 Pots, Brains, Assams, Primos, Douglahs, ButchTs, TSs, and really any other red super pod I had.

file-11.jpg

Here is the Super mix.
file-12.jpg

file-14.jpg

And the center 2 are the Bhuts
file-13.jpg

Also, parting shot....ever seen frozen capsaicin?
file-15.jpg

Now I have a TON of more pods to go..l am thinking....sauce....maybe.....:)

Back