New to Smoking

Nice design! I don't see the point of the tall chimney except to look like a big rig though :lol:

Im a tall fella, keep the smoke out of my face :P He does some awesome looking work. The double chambers he does look unreal as well. The 2 month wait is going to feel like eternity.

Ahhh smoke out of face good point, I like the wafting smoke myself. :D

Can't wait to see the real thing.

The tall stacks also affect the draw.

slows it down a bit.

Might take a little more getting used to, but it's better than a two footer smokin you in the face and burnin up the wood...

With a WHOLE WALLABY!!!

The tall stacks also affect the draw.

slows it down a bit.

Not really, since there's dampers on the ends you can cut it off to pretty much a trickle no matter the length. It's not like compression and mufflers with open pipes.

You all with your crazy notions....

Thats exactly waht its like. and I don't see any dampers and such... cept for the 'lids" on top of the stacks whickh only work to slow it down even more...

a 4 foot long, two inch pipe for a 50 gallon chamber will work differently than a,

2 foot long six inch pipe with a 30 gallon chmber.......

I think...

ahhh what the hale... Ahhm drunk...

what?

You're drunk. I'd hack those pipes in half and use them as JayT burger cutters.

BOLD!

I don't see any dampers and such... cept for the 'lids" on top of the stacks whickh only work to slow it down even more...

What you call a lid is a damper.
Damper: A damper is a device that deadens, restrains, or depresses.

Heaps of good info thanks a lot. I have read about the tuning plates, will have to wait and see if necessary. Also read that a good way to test the heat discrepancies is to load the smoker up with white bread and see how evenly they all toast. Simple and cheap way to see Hot Spots

Here is roughly the type i will be getting, but a little bigger
smoker.jpg

Wow that's a beauty!!! Let us know how you like it and the white bread idea is great, I'll use that on my next grill :)

Very improvised, not bad.

Well on the weekend, went and saw the fella making the smoker. Put down a deposit, so that i could get in line for one. Won't be seeing it till at least February. March.... Oh well, be worth the wait.

BUT, things have changed, spent nearly 3 hours talking to him about what type etc to get. In the end, i said to him, You build me, what your perfect smoker for yourself would be. So in saying that, the initial idea has changed drammatically. Going to be a full custom Reverse Flow design, tuning plates, additinional grills (if wanted to grill direct), a warming area, and a whole lot more. Can't Wait

Back