New to Smoking

Sweet set up Randy, my set up came from my ex got it new and we used it like 6 time to roast marshmallows, got rid of her and after a few years I thought hmmm why waste it, we did Smores last weekend and pork this one
IMG_0103.jpg
IMG_0104.jpg

You can fit a lot of meat in that thing, Prehensile. I used an upright gas smoker for a long time before I got the egg and the egg is great, but I still like using the gas smoker just as much.

You can smoke meat on the egg, but one 18 inch grate has it's limitations.

Resurrecting this thread, only a few months now. Spent the weekend at a BBQ festival, chatted for a whole to my mate, third inline for the smoker. Getting closer. Here's was his setup.

image.jpg

And some of his brisket

image.jpg

Tasted unreal, melt in your mouth meat. Think he said it was just a simple rub if salt pepper and mustard

Looks like a pretty good idea, he already makes the canisters to start the coals in but havent seen any of the baskets in his build yet. Might ask him

Looks like a pretty good idea, he already makes the canisters to start the coals in but havent seen any of the baskets in his build yet. Might ask him

I have a guy who builds stuff looking into it for me... I thought the $150 price online was a tad high

I have a guy who builds stuff looking into it for me... I thought the $150 price online was a tad high

I agree $150 seems high, but think on it like this Phil: If that box lasts 5 years then it works out to something like $3 a month. When I got into smoking food looked at all my options and went with a pit that cost me more than I wanted to spend initially. So glad I did - the results have been phenomenal.

Unless your buddy can do it for $50 and a case of beer ;)

$150???? :shocked: are we talking about the basket? it just holds coals together. mine is built out of old grill grates tacked together to form a basket. its lasted 9 years so far and cost me nothing.

This is going to be great BBQ and Hot sauce together, I love firing up the Bullet and hopefully I'll get the chance to toss some fresh peppers on this year, I mean beside making ABT's. Here's a few pics. the WSM when it was new A few munchies

Back