• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Next Throwdown - December-Q

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I can get some apricot wood for the smoke... but I doubt it. I do have some killer ideas.

Apricot wood? What's the aroma/flavour of that?

I'm really keen on trying any type of wood that has a specific character. Loving nectarine at the mo.

I'm still working out my UDS but I have my FPS down sweet, might jump into this throwdown:)

Deathtosnails said:
Apricot wood? What's the aroma/flavour of that?

I'm really keen on trying any type of wood that has a specific character. Loving nectarine at the mo.

I'm still working out my UDS but I have my FPS down sweet, might jump into this throwdown:)

Cool! Apricot is fruity and mild. Mesquite is pretty strong but if you mix a little mesquite in with a fruit wood (6:1 or so) it's da bomb. Apricot is one I want to try. I like the fruit woods. Nectarine? Cool!!!!

texas blues said:
That's fo'shizzel my manizzle! We shall have The Drunken Chef Anti-Que.
You and PF have fun :D That will be interesting for sure. ;)

Headcount

JayT
thehotpepper.com
Pippy
Deathtosnails (maybe)
LUCKYDOG (maybe)
POTAWIE (maybe)

Awesome!

Who else!

texas blues said:
That's fo'shizzel my manizzle! We shall have The Drunken Chef Anti-Que.

Ya bro, I'll whip out da Lodge Cast Iron Dbl-Burner Grill...it'll get purdy. ;)

I bet I could stick about 10lbs of dead cow on that thang'....

Hmmmmm, so I'm thinking...what meat pairs with apricot wood smoke...Pork! Or maybe chicken. What dry rub or wet marinade, what mop or spray...no idea.

Hmmm...apricot, cinnamon and star anise. You can smoke with cinnamon...

Are you gonna give us any ideas of what your plans are:cool:

TB..i found teh ultimate answer!!!

A Cast Iron Fire pit!

3k63mb3la5O85Tc5S59be96df05c9c84f1a07.jpg

http://spokane.craigslist.org/for/1466436650.html

No, I wouldn't pay that..but it's kewl.

I DID found a dood who wants to sell 4 skillets from his gramma's house (!) for $20 though..muhahahahaaa!

*prays to da culinary godz of Griswold & Wagner fro mercy*

Ohhhhhhhhhh hmmmmm. I don't knowwwwwwww. Oak is overlooked as a good smoking wood. Some of the best BBQ can come from a good oak fire but it burns real hot so you need to keep on top of the temps. Try chicken smoked with oak. There. A secret. Now the rest I'm keeping for the Throwdown lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back