• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OCD Chilehead 2014 Glog

No worries!

And for the record, sicman has some awesome pods. I've purchased from him on several occasions, and he never disappoints!

Made some more 5 gallon SIP's. Thought I would post a couple pictures.
20140304_084218.JPG
20140304_084142.JPG
The majority of my plants are going into 5gallon buckets. I made 4 of the 27 gallon totes. Really they are 21gallons of soil use with 6 gallons of reservoir. Will add ground fabric to the bottom and net pot. Also I am thinking of adding air stones to the reservoirs. The 5gallons take me about 15 minutes to make for $3 each SIP.

Very nice! I was somewhat tempted to get some EarthBoxes (not sure if you heard of them, but they're pretty much identical in basic design to the 27 gallon totes), but they were far too expensive for what I had in mind.

elcap1999 said:
Very nice! I was somewhat tempted to get some EarthBoxes (not sure if you heard of them, but they're pretty much identical in basic design to the 27 gallon totes), but they were far too expensive for what I had in mind.
Thanks Cap. Saw one for the first time this last Summer. Had Tomatoes 6 feet high. was impressed buy the design. Looked on the web and found DIY Projects as well as global bucket. To expensive for EB. Spent $14 for the whole tote setup each. Going to plant 2 plants in each tote.

Pretty cool.  There's an Austalian that posts garden videos (Rob Bob).  He shares some wicking bed designs that he utilizes in his garden.  I'd like to convert a few raised beds to follow his design.  I'd also like to replicate his wicking/air pruning combo 1/2 55gal barrel pot design. 

Yaargh! said:
Pretty cool.  There's an Austalian that posts garden videos (Rob Bob).  He shares some wicking bed designs that he utilizes in his garden.  I'd like to convert a few raised beds to follow his design.  I'd also like to replicate his wicking/air pruning combo 1/2 55gal barrel pot design.
Thanks. I would like to see that. Sounds interesting. I'll try to find them.

This is the first I've heard of such totes, they sound pretty cool and the ones you've made there look pretty solid. Can't go wrong with the price either. Will be interested to see how they work out for you. Plants are looking good so far too!

Thanks AR. The totes are pretty common down here at big box hardware stores. I have seen a lot of people use them in hydro. The plants are doing great. I have been out of town helping my grandfather recover from a hip replacement. Will be back this week with some pics of plants. I took some plants to SOCAL for my dad. They love it here. Lots of work when I get back. More seeds to germinate. I hope everyone out there is doing well on there grow.

Just got back from San Diego. It's been 2weeks my plants need some attention. All is well. I will post pics soon. Spring is here for the most part. Still to cold at night. Will be planting up soon to 1 gallons. So much to do so little time.

We are at 2 months old today. Was out of town for 2 weeks. Had to nurse plants back to health.
20140403_040530.JPG
Reapers
20140403_040746.JPG
CPI Scorpions
20140403_040908.JPG
CPI Bhuts
20140403_041203.JPG
RFC Scorpions
20140403_041346.JPG
RFC 7Pot
20140403_041727.JPG
Arbol x Pequin
20140403_041758.JPG
Sadabahar
20140403_041826.JPG
Tepin
20140403_042040.JPG
Group shot
20140403_082903.JPG

Demo and leveling the garden.
20140403_083220.JPG

Still have some snow up above. Spring is a coming.

Nice pics, great view :)

Spicegeist said:
Can't wait to see how these turn out!  I wonder if you'll see any variation here...
I have been watching them since you told my about the different variations of CPI Bhuts. The growth pattern has been consistent among the Bhuts. Surprisingly my Duffy Scorpions and Brain strains are the biggest and healthiest. They were planted 2 weeks later.

Found some pic from last year. Thought I would share before I delete them.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Sorry for the blurred pics. They were clear. Don't know what happened. I think this year will be a better year. Thanks to the the knowledge gained from friends and others on here. Thank you all and good luck with your 2014 grow.

Back