• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OCD Chilehead 2014 Glog

Looking good there Chuck!

Just how did you keep those plants alive while gone for 2 weeks?

Mine would have died...[/quote
They almost died. A lot of leaf damage. Had my girlfriend water. Half of them overwatered the other half under-watered. Plus nutrient deficiencies. It's amazing I didn't lose any. Stripped a bunch of leaves last week amazing growth this week. Need to potup soon.

I'm trying to get my wife to understand how the cup or pot feels when it's picked up, as I go by weight. Also I've been explaining better to have to water more often than over water.

Regardless how she did, she kept those babies alive ;)

GA Growhead said:
Last years plants looked awesome!
What was in the hanging basket?No doubt this season will crush the last!
Those plants were Thai. I had way to many plants last year. So I gave some away and others I put in whatever containers I could find. 5 plants in 1 gallon hanging basket.
image.jpg
image.jpg
This is what happened on a daily basis. Pictures are 1 1/2hrs apart. To my surprise.The basket produced tons of peppers over the summer. Wish I could find all my good pics.

Thought I would share my getto fabulous grow set up.63 plants, 10seedlings, 6toms, Puruvian Apple cactus under 1- 4bulbT12
20140418_175841_LLS.JPG
20140418_175923_LLS.JPG

On the left chile arbol x pequin topped and pulled down. On the right same variety untopped.
20140418_180517_LLS.JPG

Sadabahar plants looking good. Left untouched.
20140418_180437_LLS.JPG

Tepin not giving up without a fight.
20140418_180853_LLS.JPG

Amazing growth in the past week since pulling all those older and damaged leaves.
20140418_180042_LLS.JPG

Thanks for looking. Started to mix some soil today for 1gallon pot up. 4cubic feet of peat moss, 2cubic feet of mushroom compost, cup of bone meal and watered. Still need to get some perlite and make some tea. Anything else I should add to the mix guys and gals?

Devv said:
Very nice Chuck!

Plants are looking fantastic.

So when do they go outside? 3-4 weeks?
Thanks Scott. I am thinking maybe sooner if I get a make shift green house up against a south facing fence. Potting up this week. Then there going in the garage.

Devv said:
Have you looked into hoop houses?

Cheap and re-usable. I tested them earlier on and am going to use them from now on.
I think I can skate by without one right now. Need one for sure come October. I'm thinking of putting plastic up against the fence and another piece angled down to the ground. 10 day focast calls for a couple days in the 30s at night warming up into the 40s. I hope it's a warming trend. I'm hoping no more cold fronts. Planning on building a 12x20 this year if I can afford it.

If I lived in a cold climate I would have to have one. You can probably make one a lot cheaper than buying one. I have a bunch of old glass I removed from the window frames when I went with double pane's. One of these days:)

Much more ambitious than what I'm talking about.

Lemme see ...

The frame, then covered with 4mil plastic. The PVC pieces are 10' long stuck into 1.5" or larger pieces 10"s long.
391.JPG

Devv said:
Much more ambitious than what I'm talking about.

Lemme see ...

The frame, then covered with 4mil plastic. The PVC pieces are 10' long stuck into 1.5" or larger pieces 10"s long.
391.JPG
Thanks Scott. I might give that a shot until I come up with something else. Need sun shade this summer as well. I am liking your setup more and more.

Seeing how your plants recovered gives me a little hope mine will also snap out of it.

I should have known better than to ramp up light 30% suddenly *and* start on adding nutes when they're still in the adolescent phase.

Compounded my problem.. rapid growth but the roots weren't there to support it yet.

TrentL said:
Seeing how your plants recovered gives me a little hope mine will also snap out of it.

I should have known better than to ramp up light 30% suddenly *and* start on adding nutes when they're still in the adolescent phase.

Compounded my problem.. rapid growth but the roots weren't there to support it yet.
Your plants look in better shape then mine did. There going to be fine. I add nutes every other watering if they need it. I was watering once a week on Sunday. I noticed yesterday now that the plants are bigger. Some needed a sip of water. Mine are getting root bound so there's nothing to support them but the nutes I give them. It's more like hydro and trying not to burn them. I'm trying not to baby them as much anymore.LOL Thanks for checking out my glog.

Plants are looking really good, your soil blend i think will work well too.  Whats the deal with the hanging basket not enough water or just overcrowded not getting the wilting and then boucning back thing?? Getting near plant out time hope you have a great season!!

Back