• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Oddest type of meat that you enjoy eating.

rabbit said:
As long as it's not human it's all food and edible in my eyes.

If I had to eat a human burger/sausage or that dogs head I seriously think I'd have to go for the human burger/sausage (as long as I knew what part of the body the meat came from). Also it would have to be from a lean person as I don't like fatty bits on my meat, and obviously not on the bone.

rainbowberry said:
If I had to eat a human burger/sausage or that dogs head I seriously think I'd have to go for the human burger/sausage (as long as I knew what part of the body the meat came from). Also it would have to be from a lean person as I don't like fatty bits on my meat, and obviously not on the bone.

Have you ever seen the movie "Gangs of New York"? The butcher says that the flesh of a human is like the flesh of a pig. Maybe it's like some Jimmy Deans sausage:twisted::lol:

No I've never seen the film. The only film I've seen where they eat human flesh was 'Alive' you know the true story film where the plane crash survivors ate flesh from one of the dead.

rainbowberry said:
No I've never seen the film. The only film I've seen where they eat human flesh was 'Alive' you know the true story film where the plane crash survivors ate flesh from one of the dead.

Yeah, I've seen that. In the movie I was talking about they don't eat human flesh, but it was just a comment that the butcher made. He knew his anatomy and how to kill efficiently;) Now that we're on the topic of cannibalism for some reason Hannibal Lecter gives me the heabies:shocked::lol:

Okay you all got some goodies there. I have tried everything thats been mentioned. Now heres mine: and remember I was raised country, quail eggs, possum, barBq coon, pigeon, octipus in korea to include a dog which was chewy but bearable , and fried muskrat, also one of my favorites is mountain oysters mmmmmmmmmmmm now I am hungry .

delicatessen is a great movie... check it out some time.

rMy brother came down from Darwin yesterday with his thai girlfriend. I cooked a bbq and she was joking around about eating my dog...I think she was joking.... you know when some one holds an animal in such a way that you can tell they sizing it up for a meal. kinda like a farmer holds a lamb or a chicken...its not the same as a kid holding a lamb or chicken...its holding with intent.
left to her own devises I think Tanasuan would most likely have eaten my dog lol.
TRUE story.

When I was in the Philippines, for a brief stint, we were walking back to base loaded to the gills (drunk) and smelled something really good cooking. We came upon a street vendor who said..."Beef on a stick..one dolla." Now, just by looking at the meat on the grill, I could tell this wasn't beef. It just didn't look right. Then, a bunch of other drunk guys came up and bought a few..."Oh, man...this stuff is GREAT!!! Dude you gotta get some.."

So, when all of the commotion calmed down, I asked the vendor what it really is smelling so good on the grill.... "Fresh monkey". Well, it did smell really good. I bought 4 sticks and was surprised at how good it was. Kind of stringy, but pretty good.

One of my favorites is fried alligator tail. That's some good eats!

stillmanz said:
is that a dog?
howd it taste?

Pretty good. Got it in the market when it was still legally available. The burgers are even better. Eating the meat from a meat eater is different in that it gives you a warm feeling. Kinda naturally spicy too.

rabbit said:
Is it more like Chicken, Beef, or Pork?

Depends on the way it is cooked but I would say that it is more like beef. Ate fried worms and grasshoppers in Bangkok and all I tasted was the dirty oil they were cooked in.

hmm - the usual stuff

emu
crocodile
kangaroo
enjoy a few sheep kidneys & brains...battered & deep fried sheep brains was my fave...i try to replicate it with my own brain every w/end.

other stuff

snake...words cant describe how nice snake meat is.

spit roasted goat...very nice too.

There are things i wont eat though...

cage eggs...think about it, they cant be good for you.

veal...really f*'d up idea. Very very wrong. Tell everyone i know not to buy it, complain if i see it on a menu, write to tv stations when they have a veal recipe on one of their shows. Seriously bad karma to have anything to do with veal.

most veal in restuarants is actually pork. (dodgy chefs... pork is always white most butchers are dodgy too and will use any "youngish" animal so everyones trying to rip everyone off)... true story.
and that would probably stand what ever country.
Just another reason to not order veal...
although it is really delicious.........

stillmanz said:
most veal in restuarants is actually pork. (dodgy chefs... pork is always white most butchers are dodgy too and will use any "youngish" animal so everyones trying to rip everyone off)... true story.
It's not pork here. :lol:

stillmanz said:

delicious :shocked: {rant to follow}

you do know what they need to do to an animal to 'produce' veal...i mean the modern way of feeding it painkillers & antibiotics so it wont feel its own leg bones breaking beneath it. I say feel because it cant see, it's been chained in a standing position since birth in the dark (sunlight may toughen the meat) for as long as the drugs & feeding slush of hormones can sustain it.
They try to chew the nails out of the stall not to be free, but to get some iron in their diet (that too may toughen the meat)

Traditional veal is a 3 month old calf...through deprivation of movement, sunlight, real food & a cocktail of drugs modern 'intelligent' humans can now stretch this out to 3 years of unimaginable torture.

its sick

{rant ended}

Back