• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OKGrowin- Newbie 5 gal pepper journey - Fin

finished nov 10 2014, last post

Hey i'm new here and my 2nd year growing peppers.

Grow list:
oRVROQe.png

Soilmix:
5-1-1
pine bark fines
perlite
coco or peat
+
dolomite lime

Fertilizer:
Dynagrow 9-3-6 Foliage pro

Indoor light (until they can go outside in april):
Sun system T5 4ft 8lamp

Containers:
1. solo cups
2. Viagrow 5gal bags

=====================================
Step 1 - Germination:
Got my seeds all in so i decided to soak them in some tea for an hour and now they are in ziploc bags
MQ1FsYP.jpg
Ehq24UK.jpg

Great update OKG! I can only imagine how hot those reapers are. Glad to see your grow is going so well. Seems like a good year all around.

Neil

started some plants.... in august... 
i'm going to be selling MFRB of plants next season and want to get all the kinks worked out in my methods so when it comes to january-april i'll be ready. So i start some now and send out some freebies and get a couple reviews for them so people will buy some when the time comes!

IMG_20140814_131129.jpg

Can't wait to give the Prik Chi Faa a try next year.  Have you grown them before?  I'm assuming this is more of a powder pepper, than a "I'm gonna sit on the porch and munch on a pepper" pepper?

How was the Poblano?  Did you taste it?

Geez, could I ask any more questions?? haha

LONG cayenne? No joke! That thing was huge! Glad to see your grow is going good and the mfrb of plants is pretty cool! Keep the harvests comin'.

AZ-Mason said:
LONG cayenne? No joke! That thing was huge! Glad to see your grow is going good and the mfrb of plants is pretty cool! Keep the harvests comin'.
haha yeah, don't think that one will fit in a SFRB.

dlsolo said:
Can't wait to give the Prik Chi Faa a try next year.  Have you grown them before?  I'm assuming this is more of a powder pepper, than a "I'm gonna sit on the porch and munch on a pepper" pepper?

How was the Poblano?  Did you taste it?

Geez, could I ask any more questions?? haha
no this is my first year growing them, i got them as a freebie on a seed order. they taste like annum like a hotter bell pepper, nice and sweet.

i like the poblanos in salsa or stuffed(bacon n cheese) yum

yes you could  :P

prik chi faa
JIVotPT.jpg

poblano
flFel9q.jpg

moruga scorpion
VNfNxMT.jpg

update on the seedlings, really hard to take pics with led lights on, so i switched to my halogen work light real quick.
DmxRvqm.jpg

khnR6iR.jpg

jd5wprm.jpg

z2ON7Sy.jpg

gimVZ34.jpg

switched to dynagro bloom today, here's to hoping i get a bumper crop in October.

choc hab is all twisty
IMG_0225.JPG

got about 15 poblanos on there.... bout time to make bacon and cheese poppers again eh?
IMG_0226.JPG

Bacon and cheese... Yum.
That choco hab looked pretty cool too.
Oh yeah, and it's a shame your plants grew so big that you struggle to harvest /sarcasm
So much to talk about in this grow, great job!

Back