• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Oktoberfest Throwdown

ALRIGHT! Let's get this party started!!!!!

Stopped by our local butcher today- NOT THE SUPERMARKET!!!!
tdthompsonsmeatsign.jpg

to drop off some special ingredients for a few pounds of custom beer brats!

tdpepsatthompsons.jpg

The little gems from the greenhouse peppers are-
1 fatalii
1 7 Pot (I think!)
2 cayenne
4 Hungarian Carrots
TDpepes1.jpg

I LOVE living in a small town where people still do custom orders! Chris said they usually do 25 pounds of beer brats per batch, he'll save the last couple pounds for me and add in the ground (de-seeded) chiles. Gonna have to give him a bonus for this one!

OH YEAH! :dance: Oh YEAH! :dance:

I LOVE living in a small town where people still do custom orders! Chris said they usually do 25 pounds of beer brats per batch, he'll save the last couple pounds for me and add in the ground (de-seeded) chiles. Gonna have to give him a bonus for this one!

AWESOME!!!! :dance:
I went to a local butcher's last weekend, picked up hog casings for a do-it-yourself attempt. Let's just say yours will likely look much better than mine did!

Stopped by our local butcher today- NOT THE SUPERMARKET!!!!

to drop off some special ingredients for a few pounds of custom beer brats!

The little gems from the greenhouse peppers are-
1 fatalii
1 7 Pot (I think!)
2 cayenne
4 Hungarian Carrots

Oh my goodness those sausages sure look good YUM YUM

I hope you warned the butcher about the 7 Pot and Fatalii SL, or he might never want to do one of your custom orders again....... :mouthonfire:

I hope you warned the butcher about the 7 Pot and Fatalii SL, or he might never want to do one of your custom orders again....... :mouthonfire:

Oh Yes! I told them to wear gloves, and they are familiar with most of the products I make ;)

I'm likely out of this one. My cousin's B-day is Friday and I've been summoned to his casa to provide beer and my intoxicating personality/wit.

Who could say no to that?

I'm likely out of this one. My cousin's B-day is Friday and I've been summoned to his casa to provide beer and my intoxicating personality/wit.

Who could say no to that?
WE COULD.

NOOOooo, PAULKY!!!!!

I'm just thinking "the more, the merrier" - you should get your cousin to join in the TD, de hombre a hombre. Unless, of course, you think he'd wup your a$$.....

Hmmmm.....JayT is onto it.... Friday night is only FRIDAY! TD goes until Sunday, and we all know how good Pauly performs under pressure! ;)

Pauly, get the cousin in on it!!! For nothing else, it'll be a laugh watching him eat peppers or hot brats ~~~

On the other hand, one less competitor = one more chance for a TD crown...

OK PAULY....NEVER MIND! Go Off on the party weekend and have a great time! Post pics.....(well..maybe not PICTURES!!!) in Tales of the Loo, and we'll all have a laugh~~~PROST!

To SL -- I have one plant that is producing 7pod that look just like those they arent as gnarly as my others strange. Those brats should be tasty... I have found dried peppers make for a hotter product ... not that those wont be hot. :eek:

OMG, SL I give up :crazy: Paulky is right if Germans didn't have hot food before they will come Sunday night.

Paulky, how do we make Keystone German, I know, geeme can make us some fake labels :D

Schlüsselsteinlicht

here you go, geeme...work your magic! :D

Paulky, how do we make Keystone German, I know, geeme can make us some fake labels :D
Now you're thinkin'!
Nah.... if you had put your brainiac on, you would have pm'd me instead of publishing it... :lol:

Keystone <> German
Keystone <> German-style

Guess you're gonna have to use some real beer this go-round. Better luck next time!

Schlüsselsteinlicht

here you go, geeme...work your magic! :D

wait a minute, geeme! I just translated it for you! Doesn't that make it Germanesque???

:rofl:

wait a minute, geeme! I just translated it for you! Doesn't that make it Germanesque???

:rofl:

We just had a lovely timing thing going - I was actually composing mine as you posted yours. I'm sure I can come up with a German-style label for Schl.... Schlu.... Schl-whatever..... be back after a bit!

Oh yeah, some more help here, guys....

Dark, medium, or piss-colored? Hopsy... wheat... how would you describe it?

I bought some Shiner Oktoberfest last week. I still have some...although I really want one now...

Anyhow, I'm all over this one...although my "German" theme will be more a Tex-Germexican concoction...but what better way to celebrate true Texas German/Mexican heritage. Gotta stop by the store an pic up some more serranos...I don't have all those fancy head-explosion chile's ya'll do...

Back