• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Oktoberfest Throwdown

Piss-colored would be the descriptor for Keystone. Actually I'm doing a traditional dish that I loved when I was a foreign exchange student in Germany back in 70' so I'm gonna use a good German beer. You said it right geeme, I blew it, it would have been a fun deception :( .

Piss-colored would be the descriptor for Keystone. Actually I'm doing a traditional dish that I loved when I was a foreign exchange student in Germany back in 70' so I'm gonna use a good German beer. You said it right geeme, I blew it, it would have been a fun deception :( .
Which beer are you planning to use? I've narrowed my list to:
- Pinkus Jubilate
- Ayinger Altbairisch
- Weihenstephaner Korbinian
- Ayinger Celebrator
- Ayinger Oktoberfest-Marzen

Guess I'd better narrow that down, pronto!

Actually, I'm going hunting tomorrow, got a couple of places in mind to see what they have. No time lately to start early on the brewskies

Okay, after so much dinking around, this is my fav:

schlusselstein.jpg

No umlaut, but I think it looks better without it.

I bought some Shiner Oktoberfest last week. I still have some...although I really want one now...

Anyhow, I'm all over this one...although my "German" theme will be more a Tex-Germexican concoction...but what better way to celebrate true Texas German/Mexican heritage. Gotta stop by the store an pic up some more serranos...I don't have all those fancy head-explosion chile's ya'll do...

lunchbox- tex-germexican sounds very interesting! And don't worry about all those face-frying chiles, just use what you have and make it good!

Looking forward to see what y'all come up with.

Paulky and LogChief are in it now with their Schlusselstein Light~ :rofl: Nice Job, geeme!

Beautiful job geeme :woohoo: Paulky, I've never thought of my self as an unemployed, trailer trash failure because I drink Keystone :( , just a cheap bastard that drinks a no class beer:beer:

Yes....
....but it describes ME pretty damn well.
Yup... that would be a guy thing - identifying one's self with what one does for pay, instead of who one is. I don't think anyone on this thread sees any failures in this rag-tag group, including you. You got a resume you can send my way?

One of my top five favorite beers ever is a German called EKU 28. If you ever see it, BUY IT.
Came across several 6-packs of the stuff tonight. Had a yes/no/yes/no moment, and walked away without buying it. Back to the fact that I'm not really a beer drinker in the first place. But still.... a good beer is a good beer. But still.... I've never even tried it; what if I don't like it? But still... there are some freakin' fabulous cooks on this site.... would they steer me wrong? But still... some of them like Keystone!

Have a sneakin' suspicion I'll go back and buy it tomorrow!

So you know whats awesome

I got accepted to the World Brewing Academy for an international degree in brewing technology and sciences

i leave in february for chicago for 7 weeks, and then 5 weeks of the course are in Europe, 3 of those weeks being in Munich, so ill get to eat and drink this stuff for an entire month

plus I get to work at Weihnenstephaner Brewery for 2 weeks in the lab doing yeast propagation

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Are You SERIOUS, WHEEEBZ?!?!?!?!???

Sposed to cook tonight but I am way to hammered AFL Grand Final was a one sided let down, I hope tomorrow is better. Will have to drive around a few different Bottle-o's to find a good selection of German beer as the local one is pants.

Back