On Cutlery ...

SmokenFire said:
Beloved people you would not put your fine jewelry or timepieces in the dishwasher.  Why would you put your good knives in there?  NEVER EVER put your nice knives in anything put hot water and soap.  Never wash knives with anything other than hot water, soap and your own hands.  Yer gonna cut half an onion and 2 ribs of celery to go with the 12oz of boneles chicken breast you butterflied earlier, and the entire process meant about 8 total minutes of knife work.  That hardly qualifies for the dishwashing cycle!!!  

Your best knife is used and then immediately cleaned and hung.  No valid reason for it to be any other way.
Amen!!
images-11.jpeg

Great knife.

Not sure how one will address sharpening, vs replacing, but an awesome knife and relatively inexpensive - especially considering it's all-around utility ...

I plan to buy Ashen's (Global) cleaver, next ... I figure I need to gleam something positive from him, since he's always poking holes in my shit. Fucter.

I see a world w/ SF's offset as the main player, and the Global for chopping and butchering, and a never-ending stream of those small (~6") KitchenAid santoku's for Danielle to abuse and toss ...

The first of my new collection...

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server3200/k2pame/products/58492/images/46987/DSC_2438_2__32631.1405716494.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

I never knew a knife that size could weigh so little. No effort to cutting, as going thru an onion feels like going thru tofu. It's like the knife tells the food what to do, and the food obeys. No effort. Love the handle, as well.

The Henkel, Zwilling outlet off I-44 in Lebanon, MO has some good prices on their knives. I couldn't beat their price for my knife online. I told my wife I'm getting one everytime I drive thru. LOL

Back