On Cutlery ...

I like the lines, or rather curves really, of that knife ...

It feels like it was carved out of a feather, or a piece or orzo, or arborio rice or whatever ...

Nice.

It works in a pinch, I have done it at my In-laws.  You need a plate or even mug  with an unglazed  ceramic section on the bottom.    At home I have a ceramic stick ( looks like a steel but ceramic) for my blades that are made with harder steel. 

I just thought it was fun ... I haven't spent the time to learn how to sharpen them by poking around on Youtube yet, but I will soon ...

Worked overnight both tonight and last night, all so I can BBQ in peace this weekend (in the nice cool weather) ...

SF's beloved knife came today, didn't open it up yet, though, I'm afraid ...

Thanks to everyone for contributing ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424491494.244045.jpg

DRINK!

That Kramer damascus knife looks like a piece of art.  Thing is so nice I'd be afraid to screw it up.  :)

Be sure to put up a review on those three Grant.  I'm interested in your take on em.

Jamison said:
My new Bob Kramer 8" Stainless Damascus knife came in the mail today!  This thing is not only sexy,  but it is scalpel sharp.  

That is an amazing piece of art. I like the story behind it. Where did you buy yours from? This knife caught my eye before and I almost could not walk away :) 

Knives are in boxes to keep Danielle from them until I buy my own generic block ...

I'm not kidding when I say she's hell on knives ... I mean, BAD ...

It's like she's trying to chop the board below the food, to give you an idea ...

Like she's going for the next color belt ...

JoynersHotPeppers said:
That is an amazing piece of art. I like the story behind it. Where did you buy yours from? This knife caught my eye before and I almost could not walk away :)

It is a beaut for sure,  and cuts like a dream man.  I got mine online from Sur la table.  I've always used Santoku style knives but I honestly like this chef knife a lot more.  The feel and balance is amazing.  I couldn't recommend this knife enough.  

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
I have always wanted a Damascus blade that blade is a thing of beauty Jamison.  Do you know if it is differential heat treated, it sure look like it.  Very nice!

Thanks Cappy!  Not sure if it is differential heat treated or not to be honest. It sure does look like it would be but if I had to guess I would say no. If I remember correctly it's the different steel and iron heat welded together and stretched and sometimes folded (???)  to make up the flowing pattern of the Damascus. 

miguelovic said:
Swap horror stories? :D

Twice now I've pulled two nice Henckels from a finished load in the dishwasher. And a cast iron pan another time...

Yes, this ...

In fact, I just went over the not-dishwasher bit w/ her a half an hour ago ...

She told me to put the block w/ my knives in the pantry room and leave only the dishwasher-safe knives in the cutlery drawer ...

I have to lose, to win ... happens often.

grantmichaels said:

Yes, this ...

In fact, I just went over the not-dishwasher bit w/ her a half an hour ago ...

She told me to put the block w/ my knives in the pantry room and leave only the dishwasher-safe knives in the cutlery drawer ...

I have to lose, to win ... happens often.
You should build a second kitchen....

JoynersHotPeppers said:
You should build a second kitchen....

We have a real plan of having a squadron of tiny houses on picturesque land in Colorada - us, sister and BIL, and momz ...

Danielle said we should just buy a duplex or pair of town-homes or whatever ...

I told her so long as the pass-through door is between the bedroom's and not the kitchen or living room, I'm game ...
She's mad because she knows when I built the house, it's going to have commercial-at-home appliances w/ a pitched floor and a drain in the middle ... and a dishwasher w/ conveyor and racks that runs in 1 minute ...

Back