• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

One last shot at it... DeNNiZ 2015 glog

so the past two years, ive been devastated with something i did not know.  it was a plague that consumed my plants late in 2013 and all year in 2014!!  this past fall, i had a chance to take a SOIL and PEST MANAGEMENT class and it was here where i learned what i was fighting..

i sent my plants to a lab and from there they diagnosed my issue to be ERIOPHYID MITES.. these guys are MICROSCOPIC (can be seen with 60x loupe) 
and have consumed my desire to grow...  it was hard to fight something i did not know was even there.  now that i do.. i am ready to try again ....

WELCOME to my 2015 growlog!!

heres a little something to help me with my fight.. thanks romy6 for the suggestions

the last of the pods i got

and now on to my grow... lets skip the seed part as ive killed everything outside and started some indoors already

what a difference 2 days makes in the aerogarden

got this tepin @ a burger joint.. snapped a branch and got it to root... first flower...

local buddy in san diego got me soem seeds from his PINK TIGER pods... he was the only one i knew stateside the got the results he wanted.  i have about 8 plants going.. hoping for one to continue to trait

these 3 pink tigers dont look as purple due to only getting window light and no direct sunlight

CGN24360.. i think,,,,,

the bigger boys... dont recall.. but have some PRIMOS... SB x yellow 7... just to name a few

need a bump....

found me another pod to taste.. one seed only :(

Pi 439528

Rhombodium doing its thing.. now to get it to POD

aleppo setting left and right

Mojo NOT brown -mustard

Pimenta Leopard- topside of the flower

Moved some of thie bigger boys into 5 gallon containers!  --Maras..Pink Tiger..lemon drop.. MoA Red...Jepin.. and Fatalii sphere!

houston we have bells!!

got more plants in the ground and mulched with hay

took out the beat up tarp that was here from last year.. now that ive got what i want in this bed ... time to mulch!

added some water bottles to help get direct feed to the roots rather than runoffs... in socal we need every drop!

kale and veggie bed doing its thing...

salsa time

Scotch bonnet MoA taking off.. had to raise the lights..

Pimenta Leopard... the first 2 pods look stunted.. this and a couple are taking form

Black Finger Biber... thanks John Ford for the seeds!

Syrian Sweet....or is it?

Wartryx #2.. the other is in the aerogarden

wish this flexuosum sets more pods!!.. its soooo yummy!

Great pics of some damn fine looking plants. You've got a real nice variety of sweet, super hot, and wilds. The wilds have always intrigued me but I've never really grown them. I planted a couple this year from seeds I got free from Judy and the seed train. None of the rare ones. If I lived somewhere where I could grow year round I'd probably grow more wilds but here they would just compete for ow basement space with my beloved super hots. Can't have that lol

Lookin' righteous DeNNiZ! Good on ya for encouraging your daughters to garden. Venereal transmission of gardening passion is how I got it too... ;)

Love the modified water bottle funnels next to the plants... I hope they work as well for you as they did for me.

Been a little busy with the yard. .. got what I wanted in the soil and put the mulch to prevent them weeds from going crazy...

surrounding the kid's garden bed to keep the dogs away.. they keep digging in their bed

red inca in ground and this in 5 gallon is doing well and pods are setting...

aji limon starting to set pods

primo in hydro ... at least 2 pods. And one already showing promising tail

check on the plants at work. Woot. First pink tiger. My plants also habe began setting. Come July well see if there's stripes with these guys

first year growing these rhombodium. ... mad side shoots. Hope they bud soon

and the cutting is also doing well tripled In growth since last 2 weeks

Had a nice and lush scotch bonnet x.yellow brain that snapped at the base..grafts didn't take but I at least got 2 small cuttings to root...set me back about 8 weeks

pimenta leopard with a couple pods this big and is setting g pods left and right. Hope the bugs let me habe some fresh pods before they get hit

OCD Chilehead said:
Looking good Denniz. I love some of the crosses. Carport conversion is fantastic. I could use one of those. Good luck on your grow.

Thanks for sharing

Chuck
Now to enclose the front so I can let ladybugs lose
Scorched said:
Great pics of some damn fine looking plants. You've got a real nice variety of sweet, super hot, and wilds. The wilds have always intrigued me but I've never really grown them. I planted a couple this year from seeds I got free from Judy and the seed train. None of the rare ones. If I lived somewhere where I could grow year round I'd probably grow more wilds but here they would just compete for ow basement space with my beloved super hots. Can't have that lol
First year fo the wilds for me ...believe it or not they are the first to produce slowly for me
Jeff H said:
Great looking plants Denniz, and no Mites. :dance: :dance: :dance:
Oh they're there. Just hiding. I'm sure when it heats up. They'll show in numbers
Pulpiteer said:
You've got a lot going on there! Looks great - I like the water cup method to hold the water and deliver it to the roots.  That makes sense.
Sure do pastor andy. Got kombucha. ..beeer...hard apple cider and apple cider vinegar going as well as the garden
stickman said:
Lookin' righteous DeNNiZ! Good on ya for encouraging your daughters to garden. Venereal transmission of gardening passion is how I got it too... ;)

Love the modified water bottle funnels next to the plants... I hope they work as well for you as they did for me.
Folks were really impressed with her science project...m.

Haven't had to wster as much. Overcast in ground = less watering which is good for socal

ronniedeb said:
Looking good Denniz. Glad those mites havent made an appearance. 
oh they there.. theyve hit one so far and a few tomatoes. =(

so my Mojo Mustard the had purple plants made another left turn... now i have it turning orange and finally ripened to RED

my spotted purple ghost pepper so far has made tiny bite size peppers.. i believe they are premie because they are all seedless

unleashed the ladies the other day with my girls

Scotch Bonnet MoA- Red

unknown

Inca Red Drop

Lemon drops

Primos-.. seeds direct from Troy himself

Mini Ripe Pimenta Leopard

Manzano Red on year 3

Nice score on the Ladybugs DeNNiZ! That aughta keep the nasties at bay at least for a while. :)  I'm glad to see ripe pods out your way, it'll be some weeks before we see any here. How is the water rationing playing out for you if the reservoirs are nearly dry?

Awesome, Denniz!  Love the Oregon shirt!

Your garden is looking really good  :party:

Nice heat DeNNiZ... that aughtta keep you warm at night... :flamethrower: :mouthonfire:

How's the situation with water rationing out your way? What strategies have you come up with to deal with it?

stickman said:

Nice heat DeNNiZ... that aughtta keep you warm at night... :flamethrower: :mouthonfire:

How's the situation with water rationing out your way? What strategies have you come up with to deal with it?
in regards to our water rationing, I have to 27 gallon totes that I fI'll on our watering days so if ever the plants need some extra water, I can give him that. By the way are watering days is Thursdays and Sundays with our weather warming up and the plants getting bigger and starting to pod, they are definitely requiring a little bit more water than usual. this year I have 8 plants that are hydroponic a lot more than what I've had prior years. My school also provided me with 3 bales of hay and I was able to put those on top of the plants and on my garden bed

Back