• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

One last shot at it... DeNNiZ 2015 glog

so the past two years, ive been devastated with something i did not know.  it was a plague that consumed my plants late in 2013 and all year in 2014!!  this past fall, i had a chance to take a SOIL and PEST MANAGEMENT class and it was here where i learned what i was fighting..

i sent my plants to a lab and from there they diagnosed my issue to be ERIOPHYID MITES.. these guys are MICROSCOPIC (can be seen with 60x loupe) 
and have consumed my desire to grow...  it was hard to fight something i did not know was even there.  now that i do.. i am ready to try again ....

WELCOME to my 2015 growlog!!

heres a little something to help me with my fight.. thanks romy6 for the suggestions

the last of the pods i got

and now on to my grow... lets skip the seed part as ive killed everything outside and started some indoors already

what a difference 2 days makes in the aerogarden

got this tepin @ a burger joint.. snapped a branch and got it to root... first flower...

local buddy in san diego got me soem seeds from his PINK TIGER pods... he was the only one i knew stateside the got the results he wanted.  i have about 8 plants going.. hoping for one to continue to trait

these 3 pink tigers dont look as purple due to only getting window light and no direct sunlight

CGN24360.. i think,,,,,

the bigger boys... dont recall.. but have some PRIMOS... SB x yellow 7... just to name a few

need a bump....

FreeportBum said:
bump. I will post some pics of the pink Tigers for you soon, they look awesome.
appreciate the bump.....  cant wait for the pics

Inca Red drop-- since this photo was taken.. pod has set. and is growing

Mojo Mustard -Kathumby  2015

this was from last year.... pod shape and size seem to be consistent... last time i ate this WHOLE pod.. no heat... will see if its changed

not sure what to make of this... i thought maybe just cooler weather.. but this unknown urfa/aleppo X with something else gives me same pods...seedlesss but same heat as aleppo/urfa.. more flowers .. so ill see how it does with warmer temps

Yup... aerogarden is in the shadehouse.. it got kicked out...Scotch bonnet MoA-PL seeds

Bump. I will be transplanting soon been hardening off the first wave just waiting for the weather to warm up up again
I am going to go ahead and put the peach Congo's out with the first wave will post pics soon

Everything looks great, peppers and all, Denniz.  
Looks like you have everything goin' your way now!

Nice pix of those pods, too!

pink tiger pic as promised. When I selected seedlings I kept some that were really purple and some that were more green. Hope to see some cool stuff come out of these. thanks again 
20150422_071044_zpsyr0dhlot.jpg

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
amazing photo-mind i use this on my FB cover profile?
Thanks man, no problem at all. When I start to harden them off outdoors I'll get a really good pic of them in natural light. Have red Moa and the chocolate bbg7 you sent going also.

a little off topic for me.. got the girls to get their own raised garden bed going... YES.. there is peppers in these shots.. but they are there on the sides just getting some sun

these next few shots are taken by my 7 year old using my t3i

separating the beet seedlings

Millionaire eggplants anyone?

rootbound.. i love this photo!!

stickman said:
Very cool DeNNiZ... you and Pinoy always have something bubbling back at the lab... ;)
do what we can.. do what i can... hoping things will be a little more different!!

Trident chilli said:
Great update DeNNiZ super pictures ... especially the little group of MoA Reds
i have about 4 going one is in a 1 gallon. and has a pod that has set. ... 

PaulG said:
Everything looks great, peppers and all, Denniz.  
Looks like you have everything goin' your way now!

Nice pix of those pods, too!
Thanks PaulG... every pod a victory!!

Ozzy2001 said:
Very nice. Everything looks great.
Back to basics.. just as much veggies as there is peppers!!

Devv said:
Denniz, what you have here is a 180° turn around.

Impressive goings on there!

Keep doing what you're doing, it's working!
trying to do it... but seems like im not 180* just yet.. maybe 90*

with the help of my girls.. things are managable.. time to soon setup the irrigation system as higher temps are coming!!
oh and this past week.. i have to trim and possibly have to say goodbye to my Scotch Bonnet x yellow brain strain.. just one move and it snapped at the base..

some cuttings were done.. and attempted to graft a chinense to an aji limon

KiNGDeNNiZ said:

pink tigers

20150402_121943_zps01tapmca.jpg

rhombodium finally found its final home

scotch bonnet x brain from.Stefan

Denniz  let me know about the scotch bonnet x brain interested in flavor & heat form such a cross awesome looking pod!

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Cuban Oregano bouncing back to life

Pepino Melon

local nursery had these kumquat tomatoes... grew these from seeds last year.. cant find them so i got a starter plant

apples getting bigger and bigger.. time to make some hard cider and apple cider vinegar

on its third year.. ive managed to keep it alive even with relentless aphids...

finally getting some INDIGO-SUN f2

hydro(krakty) lettuce doing well

Huacathay Mint nearly 6 feet tall... making cuttings to root already!...

Tomatoes iin 4" pots already flowering.. time to upgrade
bump?
Love your plants Denniz there beautiful that's is some interesting mint I love all kinds of mint .
the other things are just as cool!

Sorry to read about your scotch bonnet x brain Denniz.
I like the cinder block raised bed great memories there with your girls  ;) 
Your plants are looking great best of luck this season looks like youre off to a awesome start :dance:

As usual , tons of cool stuff goin on.......

Now, I play the waiting game for enough bandwidth to catch the Flexy review, pesky satellites and moving targets,lol.......
Huacathay Mint, very interesting.

SBY X Yellow BS was one of my favorite pods last year, it go labelled orange primo instead, and I lost the first 2. The Primo was looking odd for a Primo, and started going yellow. I went and dug up the tray from the shed ,and looks like a 4" pot got 2 labels.....good luck indeed.

Back