• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

One last shot at it... DeNNiZ 2015 glog

so the past two years, ive been devastated with something i did not know.  it was a plague that consumed my plants late in 2013 and all year in 2014!!  this past fall, i had a chance to take a SOIL and PEST MANAGEMENT class and it was here where i learned what i was fighting..

i sent my plants to a lab and from there they diagnosed my issue to be ERIOPHYID MITES.. these guys are MICROSCOPIC (can be seen with 60x loupe) 
and have consumed my desire to grow...  it was hard to fight something i did not know was even there.  now that i do.. i am ready to try again ....

WELCOME to my 2015 growlog!!

heres a little something to help me with my fight.. thanks romy6 for the suggestions

the last of the pods i got

and now on to my grow... lets skip the seed part as ive killed everything outside and started some indoors already

what a difference 2 days makes in the aerogarden

got this tepin @ a burger joint.. snapped a branch and got it to root... first flower...

local buddy in san diego got me soem seeds from his PINK TIGER pods... he was the only one i knew stateside the got the results he wanted.  i have about 8 plants going.. hoping for one to continue to trait

these 3 pink tigers dont look as purple due to only getting window light and no direct sunlight

CGN24360.. i think,,,,,

the bigger boys... dont recall.. but have some PRIMOS... SB x yellow 7... just to name a few

need a bump....

My Mojo Big Browns came out green/mustard colored, I kept waiting and waiting .....then an early frost smoked the plant covered in pods.I put it down to being an unstable hybrid.Shrug.
Cool stuff as always man.Cuban oregano is a new one on me.
Got my first ripe pod of the year....not much bigger then the Flexi, a Chili Petin, but it does wonders for morale!

So do the ladybugs chow on mites?

Trident chilli said:
DeNNiZ did the SB x Yellow Brain cutting take .... love all those ladybirds
These are the two scotch bonnet x brain cuttings.. both starting to take off now
gnslngr said:
My Mojo Big Browns came out green/mustard colored, I kept waiting and waiting .....then an early frost smoked the plant covered in pods.I put it down to being an unstable hybrid.Shrug.
Got my first ripe pod of the year....not much bigger then the Flexi, a Chili Petin, but it does wonders for morale!

I get a pod here and there... as for the ladybugs I was disappointed I let lose 1500 of them 2 days later. Most were gone..and I have sunshade that had a cover. So no idea how they got out... still have some plants have bad aphids so I took off the cover to let other beneficial in...

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
in regards to our water rationing, I have to 27 gallon totes that I fI'll on our watering days so if ever the plants need some extra water, I can give him that. By the way are watering days is Thursdays and Sundays with our weather warming up and the plants getting bigger and starting to pod, they are definitely requiring a little bit more water than usual. this year I have 8 plants that are hydroponic a lot more than what I've had prior years. My school also provided me with 3 bales of hay and I was able to put those on top of the plants and on my garden bed

Cool! I was curious what you were doing for your plants. We've rarely had any prolonged droughts, but it's always a good idea to find out what works in the event.

Nice job with the clones! I'm gonna have to do some experimenting with that technique myself, but not this year...

its been a while...  so heres my update... 

sowed these from Judy's pods of the MoA Red.. i have 4 plants.. 2 have podded.. 1 brown hab shape ( i did not grow any browns) and this is the second pheno of the NOT red... notice the pods on the left seem to show the lobes.. 

what i thought was the yellow nagabrain turns out i sowed the chocolate.. yaya.. may fave of the 3 ,,,, too bad it has my mites

was out of  town for 6 days.. this is what happens when the circuit breaker trips and theres no one to reset..   RED primo .. from Troy

this guys actually looked worse.. came home at 0130  and i was watering til 0230!!

some home grown toms...

found this guy at work and i took him home to care for my galapa pepper..

this is the closest i can get these pink tigers to stripe.. 8 plants.. none growing true

my NOT true reaper from the nursery actually is growing true... lol

fatalii

slowly but surely

before i went to the bay area .. i picked these guys up for cheap secondary the nurseries wanted to rid of them

yellow morouga

found what ive been waiting for... Apple shaped bitter melon

red inca Drop

this years manzano already podding up.. good thing i bought i couple since one of them died.. (after 3 years)

galapagoense.... or however you spell it.. has a few pods on it.. hope they ripen...

my rhombodium is going nuts.. put it out in direct sun .. hoping to get some pods since this plant is like 8 months old!!!

long and behold.. WHITE LABUYO.. seeds from the philippines... starts off white. and ends up white...

had a chance to taste the yellow BBG.. perfect heat and taste

got some pods from a FB buddy... thanks Bill

also met Kyle from THP and we met in person.. he flew back home from germany with his wife and baby.. was honored to hang out with him and for him to make it possible to bring these beers for me to try out.. unfortunately .. im down to just 3!!

as most know i had a chance to go to the hot sauce expo and meet some more THP and FB chiliheads!!

ran into my local chiliheads.. Melissa77754 and her bro Nick

Lucky DOg!!!! Scott Z

Ann from Texas Creek!!

KYle .. and the man they call Ed Currie

the winner of the Subway Footlong challenge hosted by lucky dog

thanks to ROmy6 for these awesome pods!!

Hey Denniz. Nice pods. Im sure those peppers will recover well from their drought. It's cool that you get to meet up with some THP members. Nice one. I've been seeing your FB updates on the beer Kyle brought you. They look good!!!

ronniedeb said:
Hey Denniz. Nice pods. Im sure those peppers will recover well from their drought. It's cool that you get to meet up with some THP members. Nice one. I've been seeing your FB updates on the beer Kyle brought you. They look good!!!
What's your name.on fb. Lol

The aerogarden has been non stop... always has something. ..these guys are 7 weeks from seeds... and slowly moving them out

Finally got a Scotch Bonnet MoA- RED.. but pheno is way off

Finally got my B+ pod shape

1.of.3. Pods from XoXo - yellow (Chris P) seeds

Thanka to Bill for this box of peppers. Even sent me some cucumelons..and a pale yellow MoA. From seeds I sent him (;yellow from Steve batch)

Had some pods going bad and just tossed them in soil. .. what did I do....???

Hope all is well
stickman said:

Cool! I was curious what you were doing for your plants. We've rarely had any prolonged droughts, but it's always a good idea to find out what works in the
How's the grow... found out we don't have to follow the water restrictions if it's edibles. Of course don't want to waste it all on peppers
Trident chilli said:
DeNNiZ did the SB x Yellow Brain cutting take .... love all those ladybirds
It's official. The seedlings died. And I just need to sow seeds for the f3. Wasn't meant to be
gnslngr said:

Cuban Oregano rocks. Easy to root. I now have like 3 or 4 plants. ..

What.do you do with 60+ plants in pots. ?? Put 10 in dirt and watch it grow... nothing like working hard in 90°+ weather
I have outdone my ppants 2013 and 2014. My plants now would be dead. But here today i still have a good count. My mites are still here. But hey... in control for sure.

This evergreen has been strong and made it thru last year's infestation. And this year's as well considering I had.tomatoes die due to the mites yet this plant shines!!

Spicegeist said:
Great peppers!  Nice work.  Too bad the Pink Tigers didn't work out.  Looks like no one was able to grow any with stripes this year.
I guess it shouldve came with a disclaimer. MUST use osmocote...

In reality. My seeds were from pods I harvested myself. And he confirms he didn't use osmocote

trimmed this PRIMO and look at it.. fall pods!!

labeled MoA Red..

Trinidad Perfume wrapped with a bitter melon plant

XoXo- Yellow variation

second wave of Scotch Bonnet MoA

Not mustard kathumby

off topic.. but heres a star fruit!!

took 10 months but my Rhombodeium has finally flowered!!

Back