• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Opinions on a SFR box of peppers just recieved please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is this tool still allowed to practice his shady dealings on this site?  Good on ya Chewi and Judy for helping these unsatisfied customers out.  I still have hope for our little community even if Dr. Doolittle is allowed to continue his nonsense.

PepperLover said:
NMhot, Gomojoe, and anyone had such bad experience with the"STAMPED, CERTIFIED,  REGISTERED ,  3rd GENERATION GROWER" . i will send you all free fresh pods very soon, the plants are now setting pods, it wont be too long before they turn red, yellow, pink and blue 
this community is the best place on the internet, dont feel bad bcz of one person, even he is the largest grower in USA (using only 2 acres lot)

Edit1: i missed "INSPECTED" right up there with all those pretty names 
Edit2: i missed the bold text for them sexy names : "STAMPED, CERTIFIED,  REGISTERED ,  INSPECTED, 3rd GENERATION GROWER"

anything else is missing? 
Really dropped the ball with your bold/caps here PL!

Free pods and powders, how can you beat that folks?

Nice :party:

PepperLover said:
NMhot, Gomojoe, and anyone had such bad experience with the"STAMPED, CERTIFIED,  REGISTERED ,  3rd GENERATION GROWER" . i will send you all free fresh pods very soon, the plants are now setting pods, it wont be too long before they turn red, yellow, pink and blue 
this community is the best place on the internet, dont feel bad bcz of one person, even he is the largest grower in USA (using only 2 acres lot)

Edit2: i missed the bold text for them sexy names : "STAMPED, CERTIFIED,  REGISTERED ,  INSPECTED, 3rd GENERATION GROWER"

Looks like you forgot his certification numbers, and let's see... oh yeah, the overt belligerence toward anyone who wants a refund, the snarkiness towards people who want replacements (and expecting THEM to figure out a solution to the problem), paragraph long responses to simple questions filled with complete and utter indignation, the expectation of money up front for things that won't be delivered for weeks or months, anger towards anyone who disagrees with him even slightly, and the contempt towards anyone who thinks he is anything except the greatest thing to hit the superhot pepper scene in ages. Oh, and don't forget the debt he still owes (no idea if that's been repaid in full or not), the fact he tried to pass off a pepper as a new color of Reaper, when the man who himself invented the Reaper said it was a Chocolate Scorpion (not to mention a few other things that I'm sure Dale didn't appreciate) and which would barely qualify as an F1 pepper at best.... That's all I can think of right at this moment....

Update: I just checked, and the post where Rhody called out Dale for basically not paying the loan back for just shy of two years, hadn't been updated since New Year's Eve, and with Rhody's promise of it being closed/deleted upon complete repayment of the loan (a VERY generous interest free loan with no set payment schedule if I may say so myself), the fact it isn't closed/deleted means that he still has yet to repay it in full. If I'm incorrect, I'm sure Rhody can correct us, but otherwise, the fact he claims to be sending out hundreds of boxes a year, for what I myself have seen as exhorbitent prices means he must be sitting on a pile of money, and just doesn't want to part with it...

PepperLover said:

Do you have any chocolate reapers? :rofl:

Why is it that every other supplier is so generous?

Even when it's no fault of their own, they still offer up something to the person hard done by.

And no, Rhody has not seen a cent since his thread went up.

For anyone that has seen Game of Thrones, well, I picture Dale to be exactly like Joffrey.

Shurbryn said:

Do you have any chocolate reapers? :rofl:

Why is it that every other supplier is so generous?

Even when it's no fault of their own, they still offer up something to the person hard done by.

And no, Rhody has not seen a cent since his thread went up.

For anyone that has seen Game of Thrones, well, I picture Dale to be exactly like Joffrey.

And like Joffrey, he's just a whiny little punk with delusions of power...

Better make sure they're stamped, certified, inspected, etc.

Could this be a new strain -  "The Penicillin Pepper".??
Great for making Pepper Jelly - comes with its own mould.

Don't really no what all the fuzz is about?

Hat's off to those growers who have offered to right the wrongs of others - Top Shelf. 

Yipes!  I ordered some live plants from him that showed up when promised (a week or so ago) but had failed to really check him out before placing the order.  I had one of the 3 plants shipped die less than 24 hours after opening the package, but the other two have done well under my care... didn't really feel like complaining for a replacement plant.  Details of all this would be for a different thread in the reviews forum, but I have to say after reading this I am not entirely surprised with the packaging.  I won't be providing any more money to the seller of record.  Lesson learned!

EliteMcScruffin said:
Yipes!  I ordered some live plants from him that showed up when promised (a week or so ago) but had failed to really check him out before placing the order.  I had one of the 3 plants shipped die less than 24 hours after opening the package, but the other two have done well under my care... didn't really feel like complaining for a replacement plant.  Details of all this would be for a different thread in the reviews forum, but I have to say after reading this I am not entirely surprised with the packaging.  I won't be providing any more money to the seller of record.  Lesson learned!

LOL http://www.kearleyseedsandpepperco.com/Live-Pepper-Plants.html

EliteMcScruffin, Shawna is right down the road from you and she sells plants (for pick up only) probably a lot cheaper if you need a replacement for the one that died.

Chewi said:

LOL http://www.kearleyseedsandpepperco.com/Live-Pepper-Plants.html

EliteMcScruffin, Shawna is right down the road from you and she sells plants (for pick up only) probably a lot cheaper if you need a replacement for the one that died.

Thanks for the info, I love locals!  The plants I got from him were Jigsaw and I have a hell of a time finding them for sale live from anywhere.  I looked at her site and didn't see it listed, but did see a couple of other varieties that I had been wanting but didn't pull the trigger on this year.  My Red Brain Strain that was attacked by a rabbit (see Garden Warfare) has just finally given up after trying to come back, so with that freed up container along with the other 2 that were already available and the dead Jigsaw I have room for at least 4 more plants now.  Tempting (especially since I'm going to Galveston this weekend) but I have to think about it.  The fiancee has started asking me how much I've spent on everything this year and I've been able to avoid answering the question so far!

EliteMcScruffin said:
 The fiancee has started asking me how much I've spent on everything this year and I've been able to avoid answering the question so far!
I hear that loud and clear!

PrimeTime said:
Thirty dollars is always the answer. 

^^^^THIS^^^^^ LOL!!

Very glad I read this thread before deciding to do any business with him, actions definitely speak louder than words. Seriously unreal.

First year on the pepper kick and just want to say I appreciate all of the knowledge and cool people on THP! From the short time i've been browsing, there are definitely a lot of generous and down to earth people in the community.

PrimeTime said:
Thirty dollars is always the answer. 

^^^^THIS^^^^^ LOL!!

x2 Hahahaha

PepperLover said:

This comment is the best kind of marketing, certainly better than the caps, buzzwords, and stupid sales on overprice merch.

Who wouldn't want to buy from judy.

OKGrowin said:

This comment is the best kind of marketing, certainly better than the caps, buzzwords, and stupid sales on overprice merch.

Who wouldn't want to buy from judy.

Amen to that! Judy's awesome!

wow, A lot of energy in here!
great to see all of the positive vibes from several of you.
I would enjoy any hot stuff from anyone offering.

I am currently enjoying a powder mix of:
7 pot primo
Brain strain
chocolate bhut
yellow fatalii
aji limon

I bought the dried peppers from spicy chicken to make this mix.
Great guy to deal with.

But I keep giving it away to friends and am running out again!

It's starting warm up here and I'm looking forward to trying this stuff on some ice cream soon.

I hope to have plenty to share this fall. Had a little aphid scare already but things are bouncing back.
I'll share some pics when they are looking healthy again

Good list! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back