beer Ozzy's Beginning brewing

Moving along. Opened it up to check the gravity.

At 1.031 now which according to the kit would put it at about 6.4% ABV. Final is supposed to be around 1.017-1.020. So it's getting close. Will probably put it in a secondary pretty soon.

Have to say that this stuff is pretty good. Caramel notes are always a win to me. My IPA taste are coming around.

grantmichaels said:
Neat ...

I'm actually doing brewing-related activities tonight as well, but are ultimately going to brew tomorrow morning ...
I'm going to have to brew tomorrow as well.  Although It will probably be late afternoon or evening after I do a little work.  Was originally planning on Sunday but we have too much going on that day.

I just spent the last two hours organizing my stuff =/

Now I need to rack the top 2.5 gallons of my Saison L'Orange batch from primary to secondary (w/ Biofine Clear) and cold crash it ...

Then, I get to brew beer ...

Only thing I need to do yet for that is prepare some hoses w/ fittings/clamps ... which I can do during the mash ...

Ozzy2001 said:
Idk. It looks pretty fun too. The next batch I do will be AG. Just have to put together a mash tun and figure out a mill.

See Corona Mill ... the version with the tall hopper on top ... good for control, and not that bad (exercise wise) for 5 gal or less, I guess ...

I've been buying pre-ground thus far ... milling will come soon, though ...

Nice. I just wrapped up for tonight ...

I had to also rack my SL'O batch to secondary (3 gal -> 2.5 gal keg) ... which takes a bit of time, too ...

Everything takes time ... that's one thing I don't like about it ... lots of consumed time, LOL ...

grantmichaels said:
Nice. I just wrapped up for tonight ...

I had to also rack my SL'O batch to secondary (3 gal -> 2.5 gal keg) ... which takes a bit of time, too ...

Everything takes time ... that's one thing I don't like about it ... lots of consumed time, LOL ...
Yeah, it's a lot of hurry up and wait. I'm a time efficiency nut to so it is tough for me lol. I had no idea it would take so long when I did the first batch. Now that I know it takes awhile it doesn't bother me as much and I can plan accordingly to maximize my time.

I definitely like being able to see the beer as it ferments. Although more expensive I like the glass carboys.

Back