• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

P-Son's "mild to wild" Manscaping prohibited!!

After a couple nudging pm's it is time to get things rolling...well, get a list situated atleast. I won't be starting my seeds until March 1 this season. This list is subject to change, and I'm betting it will before I'm done typing. My two goals this season are 1.) Take less pics and better quality 2.)Sow later and achieve similar yields. My germination techniques and set up are not inspirational or extravagant so the bulk of my updates will be after early june plant out. Fert apllication and medium are changing a tiny bit but staying simple with it.

c.annuum
Big Jim
Elefant
Giant Aconcagua
Goat's Weed
Jimmy Nardello
Mucho Nacho
Purple Pequin

c.baccatum
Aji Cristal
Birgit's Locoto (growdown)
Yellow Bouquet

c.frutescens
Boonie
GRIF9265
Jindungo
Lombok
Malagueta
Ndungu

c.pubescens
Canario
Brown Rocoto
Dino Pod
Rocoto Largo San Isidro
Turbo Pube
White Manzano

c.chinense
7 Pot Congo SR
7 Pot Primo Orange
7 Pot Primo Red
7 Pot Primo Yellow
7 Pot Red Brain
7 Pot Yellow
Armageddon F-2
Bahamian Goat
Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon (overwinter)
Bode Roxa
Black Naga
Butch T (overwinter)
Carolina Reaper
Douglah (overwinter)
Fatalii
Giant Twisted Chocolate Habanero
Jay's Ghost Scorpion Red
Jay's Ghost Scorpion Peach
Not Black Naga Mean Red Spiky Cross
Not Infinity Yellow Cross
Peach Scorpion
Red FDA Scotch Bonnet
Spikes F-1
TFM Scotch Bonnet
Red Tree Hab

wilds
CAP 1144
CAP 1530 c.cardenasii
CGN 19198 c.sp
c.buforum
c.ciliatum
Cumari Parana
Cumari Verdareira
c.exile-chacoense-cobincho
c.eximium
c.flexuosum
c.galapagoense
Huge Rocopica (pube x card)
c.lanceolatum
Mata Frade
Parvifolium
c.tovarii

Now for the good stuff.... 70's style! These are some old and new pics of the pubes and wilds I have growing currently.

eximium and cardenasii
RSCN0307.jpg

NIKONL810004.jpg

tovarii and galapagoense
RSCN0569.jpg

RSCN0303.jpg

flexuosum
RSCN0299.jpg

c lanceolatum.... Holy Grail stuff!!! After 47 days I sowed my last couple seeds in a last ditch effort. 9 or 10 days later and this guy hooks. I'm over the moon...that is until I see the seed hull hanging on. Really?? So what do you do when only 1 sprouts out of your 7 seeds and it has a helmet head? Surgery ensued! I weaseled the pinhead sized casing off and everything looked nice and green but in a few hours it started looking rough. Fingers crossed for now. Excuse the cell phone picture here.
2013-02-03_10-40-10_380.jpg

Pubes
2012-12-29_22-15-48_522.jpg

RSCN0573-1.jpg

RSCN0629.jpg

RSCN0648.jpg

Wow, flowers on the Spoon tomatoes already ! Those clusters will continue to vine like "Champagne Grapes".

Way to jump in and get your "Fish" wet...Epsom Salts ?

They got a misting of epsom salts, correct. I do it 2 times or so while indoors,and fish/kelp spray a couple times also. I have some stuff I add to my schedule that has mag/sulf in it so I usually just hit them with epsom when they are young. Spoons were planted early just to check them out,definitely indeterminate!!! That plant is by a window just doing whatever it wants. I started more with my other tomatoes and I will attempt to keep those alittle more squat.

Very beautiful Prodigal! Great morning coffee viewing!

Mike

Thanks for the view and compliments Mike!

Wild action....
DSCN2603.jpg

DSCN2584.jpg

Every year I have one or two stubborn plants and this guy has been quite the prick this season,always looking underfed or overfed. Starting to conform finally.

Huge Rocopica
DSCN2572.jpg
I

Here are some super late chinense starts playing catch up. These guys were put in an experimental soil I made up.
DSCN2615.jpg

36 days from seed and branching.
RSCN2620.jpg

Overfed Boonie pepper...
DSCN2592.jpg

One of my Birgit Locoto growndown plants....
DSCN2605.jpg

Older 7 Pot Primo (orange)
DSCN2602.jpg

Random chinense...
DSCN2585.jpg

Overwintered Butch T ready for the outdoors...
DSCN2456.jpg

Looking awesome!

What size is the containers?

How can you tell?NJ

Thanks for the compliment. The pots are 5 1/2" or 1/4" cant' remember. I have the same size that are taller also.You can't see in the pic too well but the leaf tips are warped a bit and darker green. Not burned but on the cusp in my opinion.

Awesome pictures and the plants look good great too. Love da look on the orange 7 Pot Primo!
Thank you Ramon. Can't wait to get pods off of them. Primo plants/pods are some of my favorites!

There are a bunch of pre Civil War iron furnaces hidden in the woods and foothills north of where I live. Here are some shots of my first find,hope to get the time to find more.
DSCN2519.jpg

mill race and pit are in good shape..
DSCN2514.jpg

DSCN2521.jpg

DSCN2529.jpg

DSCN2527.jpg

I like the secondary growth on the Primo, man that Butch T is going to town ! All kinds of branching, I can imagine the clusters of pods that will be forming.

Great photos,once again...

Thanks Greg, last year I had a lot of laddering and not a lot of branching early on,trying to reverse that. Inner growth is always good! hah

Thanks for the compliment. The pots are 5 1/2" or 1/4" cant' remember. I have the same size that are taller also.You can't see in the pic too well but the leaf tips are warped a bit and darker green. Not burned but on the cusp in my opinion.

Great! That should be around 13 or 14 cm in DK. Mine are in 9 cm (3 ½'') ATM. I better go easy on some of my small plants with the fertilizer. The new leaves are darker than on the bigger plants. Thanks for the tips :)

And awesome photos by the way

There are a bunch of pre Civil War iron furnaces hidden in the woods and foothills north of where I live. Here are some shots of my first find,hope to get the time to find more.

If that's something you're into, you might also like this presentation from PSU. It's about charcoal making, but also talks about those old iron furnaces (if I got the right link).

Love the history pics and the plants looking good as well!

I lived in Manassas for 19 months, Bull Run was across the street, always loved to go and hike in the mountains.

Keep 'em coming...

Plants are looking great as usual.
Loved the iron furnace shots. I'm starting to appreciate more and more what our forefathers and mothers did with less at their disposal. And there it still stands. Is the brick limestone? Were they located there for the resources - wood, water? Interesting stuff.

Wow awesome pics of the finds! All them photos looked like they should be wall paper for sure. Butch T is a monster and I agree that thing is ready to go outside! I also OW'd a Butch T. Beautiful seedlings and plants!

Prods... damn, man... beautiful lush plants, great shots... I know where I'm hanging out from now on! ;)

I noticed you are growing the Mata Frade. I obtained seeds last season but never got around to growing it. After seeing your shots, I think I will have to squeeze it into next season's grow.

STOP INSPIRING ME TO GROW STUFF!!!! :lol:

Jeezum Peetes Prod! Every photo you take belongs on a calendar. Be it a garden, hiking or historic site calendar! That is great stuff you provide for us to view.

Back