• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PaulS Glog MMXV - Plant Outs :)

It's finally time to start the 2015 season :)

It's my first time doing a season glog but it's my sixth year growing chillies. I've learnt so much from reading this website and the knowledgeable people on it. The last couple of years have been pretty successful, so hopefully this year will be the best year yet.

My grow list.

I'm growing nothing that I've grown before so it should all be a nice surprise.

Super Hots
Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion
Red Moruga
Scorpion Butch T
Trinidad Scorpion Orange

Mild
Aji pineapple
Large Orange Thai
Peruvian Purple

Crosses
Pink Tiger
Pimenta Puma
Mojo Scoundrel (Bhut x Neyde)
Mojo Big brown
Bubblegum 7 x PdN
Bhut x Neyde - Peach-Cream
Buena Mulata
Black Panther F2

Bonchi
Cheiro Roxa
Bird's Eye Baby
Peito de Moca
CGN 22794
Pimenta Bode
CGN 21500

The seeds were soaked overnight
SANY0004.jpg

Then put into my heated propagator on 15th Jan
SANY0003.jpg

SANY0007.jpg

No hooks or any signs of life as I'm writing this on the 20th Jan!

Ditto Ania; your plants are super healthy looking.  It doesn't look
like the 4˚C in the conservatory is hurting them too much.  How
warm does it get in the daytime?

Paul ditto the above ... phenomenal colour your "Pink Tiger" and to be honest I grow a lot in soil however I never get too technical with it ... only really monitor PH in hydro ... what soil medium are you using ... really recommend a Dutch organic soil called "BioBizz" most hydroponic shop sell it

ania said:
Wow, wow! The plants look awesome! And that two-shade green colour. Great job! 
Thank you :)

PaulG said:
Ditto Ania; your plants are super healthy looking.  It doesn't look
like the 4˚C in the conservatory is hurting them too much.  How
warm does it get in the daytime?
Thanks Paul :) I'ts been a mini heatwave this week night time temps have been 5-9c but only dropping to 10-13c in the conservatory in gets really hot in there if I dont open the window about 30c! but I leave a door open and its around 20c ish 60% Humidity. Tropical! My tent stays warm inside all night.

Trident chilli said:
Paul ditto the above ... phenomenal colour your "Pink Tiger" and to be honest I grow a lot in soil however I never get too technical with it ... only really monitor PH in hydro ... what soil medium are you using ... really recommend a Dutch organic soil called "BioBizz" most hydroponic shop sell it
Hey a local! :)
Are you enjoying these few sunny days too? Where are you in hants?
I'm using John innes no3 with vermiculite & Perlite, I'lll add some chicken manure when they go in bigger pots. You?
I'll google biobizz, thanks

PaulS said:
Thanks Paul :) I'ts been a mini heatwave this week night time temps have been 5-9c but only dropping to 10-13c in the conservatory in gets really hot in there if I dont open the window about 30c! but I leave a door open and its around 20c ish 60% Humidity. Tropical! My tent stays warm inside all night.

That sounds just about perfect, Paul.

Keep up the good work!

Long time with no update! The weather has been awesome between 15c - 20c no clouds :)

The plants getting some sun;
On the right are my plants from my grow tent. Left side are from my t5 in my bedroom!
SANY5688.jpg

T5 Plants from above;
SANY5690.jpg

Grow tent plants from above;
SANY5694.jpg

Pimenta Puma;
SANY5696.jpg

Black Panther;
SANY5707.jpg

My Bonsai trees are no where near as impressive as PaulG's but they are only young :)
SANY5705.jpg

More chillies!
SANY5710.jpg

I have young Lemon, Orange and Grapefruit trees(left) Sunflowers(right)
SANY5711.jpg

My bonchi plants have moved into the conservatory now;
SANY5712.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

The sun is really showing off those plants, Paul.  
Everything looks so robust and healthy!

It sure looks snug in there, the plant being all cuddled up together. Should be close to plant out for you guys. I seem to recall that spring is by far the best season (in terms of sunny weather) in the UK.

Comptine said:
It sure looks snug in there, the plant being all cuddled up together. Should be close to plant out for you guys. I seem to recall that spring is by far the best season (in terms of sunny weather) in the UK.
The last few years spring, well april/may has been awesome, april this year has been ok, I'll probably plant out in the next few weeks.
What about you? Whereabouts are you in sweden? I have a good friend in Halmstad.

I'm from a place called Örebro, it's just above the two big lakes (or parallel to Stockholm ish - just a bit more inwards). Quite some distance from Halmstad, although I think my aunt lives there. 

I used to live in London, I remember the weather being beautiful in spring whilst I was stuck in the library studying for exams. Come summer and all that lovely weather was gone. 

Comptine said:
I'm from a place called Örebro, it's just above the two big lakes (or parallel to Stockholm ish - just a bit more inwards). Quite some distance from Halmstad, although I think my aunt lives there. 

I used to live in London, I remember the weather being beautiful in spring whilst I was stuck in the library studying for exams. Come summer and all that lovely weather was gone.
Yeah that seems to be the norm!
Although we had a really nice summer the last two years.

OCD Chilehead said:
Just got caught up on the Glog. Nice plants. They look very happy. Beautiful Bonchi's as well. How old are your Bonchi's?
Thanks dude. The bonchi on the right is a three year old plant the others are from last year. I'm looking forward to some flowers soon :)

Peter S said:
Your plants are looking great Paul! They're about to bust out of that grow box. :)
Thanks Peter. I've actually had to take a few out as they got too tall! I'm hoping to repot lots over the weekend, I'll try and post some photos

Back