• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PaulS Glog MMXV - Plant Outs :)

It's finally time to start the 2015 season :)

It's my first time doing a season glog but it's my sixth year growing chillies. I've learnt so much from reading this website and the knowledgeable people on it. The last couple of years have been pretty successful, so hopefully this year will be the best year yet.

My grow list.

I'm growing nothing that I've grown before so it should all be a nice surprise.

Super Hots
Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion
Red Moruga
Scorpion Butch T
Trinidad Scorpion Orange

Mild
Aji pineapple
Large Orange Thai
Peruvian Purple

Crosses
Pink Tiger
Pimenta Puma
Mojo Scoundrel (Bhut x Neyde)
Mojo Big brown
Bubblegum 7 x PdN
Bhut x Neyde - Peach-Cream
Buena Mulata
Black Panther F2

Bonchi
Cheiro Roxa
Bird's Eye Baby
Peito de Moca
CGN 22794
Pimenta Bode
CGN 21500

The seeds were soaked overnight
SANY0004.jpg

Then put into my heated propagator on 15th Jan
SANY0003.jpg

SANY0007.jpg

No hooks or any signs of life as I'm writing this on the 20th Jan!

Those look great, love all the dark plants. Really makes for a beautiful layout. Cool video, looks like they are getting too hot during light cycle in the time lapse. I assume that's why you added the fans. Good work. 

PaulG said:
Great pic of your set up.  The fans should be very helpful.
They have really helped dry things out, I've hopefully learnt my lesson!

D3monic said:
Those look great, love all the dark plants. Really makes for a beautiful layout. Cool video, looks like they are getting too hot during light cycle in the time lapse. I assume that's why you added the fans. Good work. 
It's not really from heat it's just the way they react to the light change. I made a timelapse last year of plants under the sun they did the same thing.

I took the suggestion and got some cal-mag off amazon. I wonder if I'll notice any change....
SANY5618.jpg

Those plants are rocking', my friend.  
Your green thumbs are showing!

Indeed.  Maybe we should do like Cappy and stick to one variety!

Whats the best way to lower PH when using soil as a medium?
My soil is just over 7 at the  moment

D3monic said:
Ph down, but I really wouldn't worry about 7
It's actually about 7.3 at the moment. Have you used ph down before?

Peter S said:
Those plants are looking really nice Paul!
Thanks Peter, most need repotting as my tent is getting pretty crowded now they are bigger but that means deciding which to get rid of!

I've never had to use it, i've always been in low PH situations. I'd suggest doing some googling or wait for some others to chime in.

It was time to do some repotting and organise my grow tent as it's become overcrowded;
SANY5654.jpg

I took all the plants out and organised them into type to see how many I had of each;
SANY5655.jpg

I then picked the best of each variety to repot and go back into the tent.
At this point help arrived!;
SANY5656.jpg

It looks a little less crowded now;
SANY5658.jpg

The rest of the plants that didnt make the cut are on the shelf in my conservatory, it's still quite cold here at night 4c, hopefully enough heat stays as its not heated.

More repotting today :)
Have a nice long weekend!

PaulS said:
Whats the best way to lower PH when using soil as a medium?
My soil is just over 7 at the  moment
you can put 2 tablespoons of brags apple cider vinegar to a gallon of water water in  once a week . you only want to go to 6.5. so little is better .   check p.h. level     :onfire:

suchen said:
Ah, seeing these Pink Tiger makes me want to track down seeds and start yet another wave of seedlings :rofl: . Very cool timelapse.
Thanks dude :)
There is still time!
moruga welder said:
you can put 2 tablespoons of brags apple cider vinegar to a gallon of water water in  once a week . you only want to go to 6.5. so little is better .   check p.h. level     :onfire:
Thanks for the advice. I might try that instead of buying ph down.
Has that worked for you?

PaulS said:
Thanks dude :)
There is still time!

Thanks for the advice. I might try that instead of buying ph down.
Has that worked for you?
had to do that to 2 plants , last week . need to check today , but a friend of mine who owns a nursery told me this . but 
i'm repotting up today they were at 7 but had that last year and once they were in the sun for good it worked out !  don
t sweat it !     :onfire:

Back