• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

randyp 2016 IOWA,,Older and (bud) Wiser grow.

Hello my friends,I am still in the cold  and slow time of year.I have my first(3) seedlings of the year.The first plant was the "Mystery Wine".A Chis Joyner masterpiece that eluded my garden last year due to my failure to do a good job drying seeds.I got this from a pod the reigning Growdown Champ (terry) sent me.Not many changes this year,And I still need the right hip replaced,I am holding out as long as I can,(7 years till I retire)I will update what's going in the garden when I see them in a pot,I put out a list before that never rang true so we will delay my "Wish List"
   Thanks for stopping by all you old and soon to be friends.My updates will pick up when my weather does,
Good luck to all of you this year.
Randy

To go forward we must look back.
the top is my first grow out of buckets 3 years or so ago,the bottom is the 2015 grow with beds and an automatic water drip system
SANY0002.JPG

DSCF8575gardensot10-9.jpg

this is the new grow room which was raised  to 30 inches.I can get down fine,getting up is a bitch,lol
DSCF9130.jpg

installed doors on the seed starting station to help control temps..(my daughters old dollhouse I made her at 5 years old)I used parts lids I got from work.One had a neat drawing from a fellow co-worker must have worked up while not working.I liked it and decided I am an art collector.
DSCF9153.jpg

DSCF9133.jpg

There are 2 types of trays.Jiffy pucks(top) and a 3 mix starter I made.My starter had the first seedlings by the way.
DSCF9156.jpg

Joyners "mystery wine"
DSCF9164.jpg

LOT-Jalapeno-onion-garlic and carrot ferment started 2 weeks ago.
DSCF9110.jpg

A pork butt cooked today to take to the AC/DC concert in Kansas City Sunday.Mini vacation,3 days in BBQ town.
DSCF9160.jpg

one more and I'm out.My furniture eating jack russell-shih tzu dog Ryley will also be back to rid my yard of cats.
DSCF9162.jpg

moruga welder said:
looking good !      :onfire:
 Thanks Frank,I hope your weather treats you well.You being not far from me tells me you had some heat.

OCD Chilehead said:
Great garden Randy!

Good choice on the shade. It's been a scorcher here as well. Pod's are looking amazing.
I pulled shade,but they loved it for the few brutal days we just had.Take care Chuck

stickman said:

Heh, heh don't feel alone in that, not everybody is OCD. ;) Your sauce is nothing to cringe about... I thought it was pretty darned good, and all the better since it didn't have so many layers of flavor that it obscured the chiles in it. There's times and places... know what I mean?  :)
Your to kind Rick.I am trying to not get carried away adding things like I used to.Puree I can do.lol

I trimmed some low hanging leaves in prep for harvest.
DSCF0336.jpg

DSCF0339.jpg

this "not  whitehab is looking like a yellow naga brain.Hell I don't no.
DSCF0323.jpg

lipstick pepper
DSCF0326.jpg

my first jumbo hybrid jals.I am starting seed stock now.I need new supply for next year
DSCF0328.jpg

DSCF0332.jpg

That yellow pod looks evil and hot a hab, take a big bite for us and talk through it on video? The jumbo jalapeno hybrid looks great, I have tow different giants growing this season. I'll share a few pictures and maybe we can swap some seeds.

Cheers!

Looking good Randy.  Those plants are really booming.  Good job on the shade.  I risked it an didn't do any shade on mine, just had to give them a good dousing of water each day.  They seem to pulled thru.  This week is supposed to be cooler thankfully. 

How big are those jumbos?  Any size reference?

JoynersHotPeppers said:
That yellow pod looks evil and hot a hab, take a big bite for us and talk through it on video? The jumbo jalapeno hybrid looks great, I have tow different giants growing this season. I'll share a few pictures and maybe we can swap some seeds.

Cheers!
  Chris,I save some seeds back for you today to send with other things later buddy.

dddd said:
Looking good Randy.  Those plants are really booming.  Good job on the shade.  I risked it an didn't do any shade on mine, just had to give them a good dousing of water each day.  They seem to pulled thru.  This week is supposed to be cooler thankfully. 

How big are those jumbos?  Any size reference?
 We get lucky in Iowa D,because the heat dome does not stay on top of us like our friend Scott.Jumbo's are HUGE,3-4 inches
lobo said:
Very nice pods really :fireball:
Thanks lobo,we will get seeds held back, for a boat trip.
OCD Chilehead said:
Wow! Looking good, Randy. I have a feeling you've done this before.

If not, congrats on the first time growing. LOL!
Stayed at a "Holiday Express" before the season Chuck.
Devv said:
Quite the jungle there my friend!

You're in for a fantastic harvest, and soon ;)
Thank's Scott,. my garden is an extension from Texas without the surface of the Sun heat.lol

My mixed drink Tequila Sunrise to go with the "Tequila Sunrise"first ripe pod
DSCF0450.jpg

Huge leaves and Jals
DSCF0435.jpg

Choco ghost scorp
DSCF0436.jpg

Trinidad Scorp
DSCF0437.jpg

TSMB
DSCF0442.jpg

Choco bhuts
DSCF0443.jpg

Mystery Wine
DSCF0446.jpg

Naga Morich
DSCF0447.jpg

yellow naga brain strain
DSCF0454.jpg

I just can't get over the amount of beautiful pods you get up there, just amazing!

I'm hoping to see some of that come September. ;)

So what kind of camera did you get? I just gave my Cannon D60 to my daughter and bought a Nikon 3300, as the Cannon was 13 years old and she wanted to buy one and didn't have the $$$

lobo said:
Wow you will have rich harvest. Congratulation ! :onfire:
Thanks Lobo.

stickman said:
Nice video Randy... it's nice to see lots of color on your pods and everything looking so happy. Good on ya!
Rick,I am at a loss as to several types I planted this year.I need your guys help.lol

OCD Chilehead said:
Stunning garden Randy. You have some really prolific varieties.

Thanks for the tour.
Chuck,what's happening.How is the Mountain weather?

Devv said:
I just can't get over the amount of beautiful pods you get up there, just amazing!

I'm hoping to see some of that come September. ;)

So what kind of camera did you get? I just gave my Cannon D60 to my daughter and bought a Nikon 3300, as the Cannon was 13 years old and she wanted to buy one and didn't have the $$$
Thanks for the pod vibes Scott.The camera is a hand me down my daughter gave to me as she is the better pic person in the family.It's a Fuji fine pix S2950.Good enough for me,lol

NOT trinidad scorpion chocolate.Any guesses.??
DSCF0470.jpg

yellow naga brains
DSCF0471.jpg

primo
DSCF0476.jpg

7-pot douglah
DSCF0479.jpg

plants are pushing 6ft.find Waldo? :dance:
DSCF0472.jpg

Back