• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Register for the February Throwdown

What do you want to cook? Pick that region!

• Arizona Cardinals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carolina Panthers (North and South)

• Chicago Bears

• Cleveland Browns

• Dallas Cowboys

• Denver Broncos

• Detroit Lions

• Jacksonville Jaguars

• Minnesota Vikings

• New York Giants (NYC)

• Oakland Raiders

• Pittsburgh Steelers

• Los Angeles Chargers

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Total voters
For Sure!

At 13 we already have a great TD! Slots still open and will be open during the TD for those that want to enter on the fly... but reserve if you can.

Where's SNF, TGCM, JHP, and FB????

and.... GIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bum - NYC team - Pizza
JHP - Carolina
SNF - Chi-town!!!!

really now come on these are givens... :D

oh wait where is TC, there's another NY team too...

This one will be fun, so much fun you won't even worry about the crown, just have fun showing us the best in our country's food!

paulky_2000 said:
I can't believe nobody has taken Chicago or Carolina.

Same here. I'm looking forward to seeing some good examples of regional barbecue from all over the country. Carolina needs to represent!
     I've never made all-out Memphis barbecue before - I'm more of a saucy K.C. kinda guy. I'm pretty stoked to step onto virgin ice with that and the hot chicken.

Ashen said:
lol I heard about that on the radio. Crazy......or is it?
Hybrid Mode 01 said:

Same here. I'm looking forward to seeing some good examples of regional barbecue from all over the country. Carolina needs to represent!
     I've never made all-out Memphis barbecue before - I'm more of a saucy K.C. kinda guy. I'm pretty stoked to step onto virgin ice with that and the hot chicken.
The ribs at the place I went to in Memphis were amazing. Hot chicken in Nashville is so good.

Ozzy2001 said:
The ribs at the place I went to in Memphis were amazing. Hot chicken in Nashville is so good.

There's a few well known places. Rendezvous uses Greek spices, Neely's Interstate, I went there before they had that show on Food Network. There's one more famous one. Yeah Memphis ribs r good.

Gus' is great eating in Memphis.  And I'm partial to Charlie Vega's Rendezvous for dry rub ribs.  

Also the idea of me taking Chicago and doing deep dish or hot dogs or whatever isn't a challenge or appealing to me, and not why I usually participate in TDs for.  If you guys prefer me to take Chicago I will, but I was kinda holding out to see what wouldn't be taken so I could cook something different.  

We've got people coming out to the house for the SB and the menu is pretty much planned already.  I'd be cooking for the TD before or after the SB in any case.  

Scovie's other nickname......JimmyBlueSweats.....

Not Hipster!!!! Sheesh, if i ever saw skinny jeans on Scovie????? If I ever saw skinny jeans on Me for that matter.....

:lookingforthekillmenowemoji:
SnF... Pick one of the others!!! It is a 4 day window...have some fun with something you want to do.

Back