• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Register for the February Throwdown

What do you want to cook? Pick that region!

• Arizona Cardinals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carolina Panthers (North and South)

• Chicago Bears

• Cleveland Browns

• Dallas Cowboys

• Denver Broncos

• Detroit Lions

• Jacksonville Jaguars

• Minnesota Vikings

• New York Giants (NYC)

• Oakland Raiders

• Pittsburgh Steelers

• Los Angeles Chargers

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Total voters
Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     Shakedown run.

ZxMYMHJ.jpg

CXjDC07.jpg

That looks great!

But your chili oil is WAY too thick for NHC.....Looks more like a glaze to me.....and it shouldn't.  And it's usually served with bone-in thighs or breasts....at least the good ones are.

Nice first try, though!

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     Shakedown run.

ZxMYMHJ.jpg

CXjDC07.jpg

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

Why not? It's not like somebody else is going to copy me. ;) That's what's fun about this TD. It lends itself to lots of pre-game trash talk! :party: And teaser pics. :drooling:

oh Yeah????  I got the SeaChickens....just wait 'til you see what I'm cooking tomorrow!!!!!!!  And I already had that planned before you did that and already had tomorrow's sauce made!!!  So you's copying me!

Not to worry, I can Trump that glaze.....   You'll see....  :cool:  ;) 

paulky_2000 said:

That looks great!

But your chili oil is WAY too thick for NHC.....Looks more like a glaze to me.....and it shouldn't.  And it's usually served with bone-in thighs or breasts....at least the good ones are.

Nice first try, though!

Damn, you talk a lot.
salsalady said:

oh Yeah????  I got the SeaChickens....just wait 'til you see what I'm cooking tomorrow!!!!!!!  And I already had that planned before you did that and already had tomorrow's sauce made!!!  So you's copying me!

Not to worry, I can Trump that glaze.....   You'll see....  :cool:  ;)

So you're cooking penguin? :think: Twisp hot penguin? :crazy: That doesn't sound good at all! I heard penguins taste like fish.
     Also, if you're going to "Trump" mine, you have to make it orange-er somehow.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

So you're cooking penguin? :think: Twisp hot penguin? :crazy: That doesn't sound good at all! I heard penguins taste like fish.
     Also, if you're going to "Trump" mine, you have to make it orange-er somehow.

Mine's just Plum Good!  Sesame seeds and all! 

IMG_5823.JPG

Forgot to take pictures until after this---
IMG_5816.JPG

IMG_5819.JPG

Dag. That looks like a properly done wing night, serving technique and all. They look delicious!
     Is "Plum Good" a hint at the ingredients/style of that sauce? Little plum sauce in there? I bet you got JHP's attention with that batch. ( I won't deduct points for an incorrect Bufflalo wing.  ;) )
    A closeup would've been nice but I bet those dude's didn't let you get too close to the chicken once the got to it. :drooling:

:cheers:

edit: Upon closer inpection, That closest pan of wings looks like it has true Buffalo sauce in it. Nice and orange. That one trumps my sauce for sure!

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     Dag. That looks like a properly done wing night, serving technique and all. They look delicious!
     Is "Plum Good" a hint at the ingredients/style of that sauce? Little plum sauce in there? I bet you got JHP's attention with that batch. ( I won't deduct points for an incorrect Bufflalo wing.  ;) )
    A closeup would've been nice but I bet those dude's didn't let you get too close to the chicken once the got to it. :drooling:

:cheers:

edit: Upon closer inpection, That closest pan of wings looks like it has true Buffalo sauce in it. Nice and orange. That one trumps my sauce for sure!

Thanks! and Yes, it's a sweet plum sesame ginger garlic sauce.  This one I made mild for they boys.  The other wing sauces were- Anchor Bar original Medium, Wild Bill's Sweet & Spicy, and the Asian sauce.  I picked up the Anchor Bar one on a Black Friday sale from one of the online hot sauce shops.  Can't remember which one, they were linked on a FB group page.  I usually make the Franks-n-butter one, but I wanted to try the original to see what all the fuss was about. 

I've done wings for a couple of group gatherings over the past couple years.  Usually the sauces are a Franks, a chipotle BBQ sauce, and the Asian.  Gives a nice mix of flavors and heats. 

Yesterday, I was having a dickens of a time getting and keeping the oil up to temp in the 34F outside temps.  We had about 8 pounds of wings to cook.  It was taking for-EVER... then I realized..... :doh: ....why not use the grill to pre-cook them a bit and at least get them heated up a bit before going into the pool! 
IMG_5815.JPG

trust me, those boys didn't care one little bit that the wings had grill marks.  :lol:

BINGO! 

Actually, that's about the only thing I use the Lodge Dutchie for.  The inside is too textured to make it useful for other DO dishes,  Everything sticks and just ticks me off.  But it works great for WANGS! 

One of these days, one of the new cast iron makers will come out with a smooth finished DO....or I'll find an antique one....:pray:

Back