• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

ronniedeb's 2015 season

Well my list gets bigger year on year. 

Chinense
1. CGN21566 BRAZIL
2. CGN21500 BRAZIL
3. Tobago Sweet TOBAGO
4. Scotch Brain USA
5. Bahamian Goat BAHAMAS
6. Fatalii CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC
7. Cumari du Para BRAZIL
8. PI257176 PERU
9. Pickersgill Orange BRAZIL
10. Tucurrique Yellow COSTA RICA
11. Puerto Rican Yellow PUERTA RICO
12. Belize Scotch Bonnet BELIZE
13. Mako Akokosrade GHANA
14. Coyote Zan White BRAZIL
15. UBSC Brown USA
16. Bhut Orange Copenhagen DENMARK
17. PI281317 TRINIDAD
18. Guwahati Bhut INDIA
19. Pimenta Puma ITALY
20. Cajamarca PERU
21. Morango BRAZIL
22. Pimenta Bico BRAZIL
23. Pimenta Tekila BRAZIL
24. Pimenta Ouro BRAZIL
25. Pimenta Salar BRAZIL
26. CAP691 UNKNOWN
27. Elysium Oxide Bonnet USA
28. Pimenta Lisa NETHERLANDS
29. Brown Egg CGN22856 NETHERLANDS/BOLIVIA

Baccatum
1. Pimenta Barra Ribeiro BRAZIL
2. Aji Norteno PERU
3. Aji Verde PERU
4. Aji Cristal CHILE
5. PI 199506 Guyana GUYANA
6. Aji Fantasy FINLAND
7. CGN22871 UNKNOWN

Annuum
1. Kapia Pepper HUNGARY
2. Fiesta F1 Pepper ??
3. Aconcagua ARGENTINA
4. Poblano MEXICO
5. Amish Bush USA
6. CAP253 UNKNOWN
7. CAP1473 UNKNOWN
8. Donne Sali GUAM
9. Chihuacle Negro MEXICO
10. De Arbol MEXICO
11. Gochu KOREA
12. Jalapeno 1 
13. Jalapeno 2
14. Jalapeno 3
15. Jalapeno 4

Frutescens
1. Indiana Pequin USA
2. Thai Bird’s Eye THAILAND
3. Pi281353 MARIANA ISLANDS
4. Spicegeist’s Frutescens USA
5. Lotah Bih INDIA

Wild
1. Cumari Verdadeira (Capsicum praetermissum) BRAZIL
2. Capsicum galapagoense GALAPAGOS
3. Ulupica (Capsicum cardenasii) BOLIVIA/PERU
4. Capsicum flexuosum PARAGUAY/BRAZIL/ARGENTINA
5. Capsicum tovarii PERU
6. Capsicum lanceolatum GUATEMALA/MEXICO/HONDURAS
7. Capsicum eximium ARGENTINA/BOLIVIA

Pubescens
1. Giant Mexican Rocoto MEXICO

Also hope to overwinter a few varieties. Quite chinense-heavy this year. Also a lot of Brazilian varieties.

Thanks to all those who sent seeds to me. It is much appreciated, and is what makes these forums great!

ronniedeb said:

Lights are at their highest point in the growtent, so need to give some plants the chop unless I get them out to the greenhouse soon.

I hate it when it gets to this point before the good weather comes. I always find my tent gets really crowded so I have to select a few lucky ones to stay in the tent and the rest get demoted to the conservatory!
Plants look great dude. What light is that?

PaulS said:
I hate it when it gets to this point before the good weather comes. I always find my tent gets really crowded so I have to select a few lucky ones to stay in the tent and the rest get demoted to the conservatory!
Plants look great dude. What light is that?
Thanks Paul! It's a 125w blue CFL.

Well, almost a month since my last update. Been neglectful of this forum as well as my plants. Been fighting aphids, lightburn, underwatering and all round general neglect, but I think I've only lost 2 plants, my Kapia and Bahamian Goat (Goat might pull through). Managed to get the NFT and one of the Ebbs up and running at the weekend, so should be easier from here on in. Weather has been pretty mixed for last few weeks after promising start to April. Plants are a little confused, I think!  :rolleyes:

First little ripe pods of the season from overwintered CARDI Yellow. This plant was forced into the cold unheated communal Allotment polytunnel, with some other overwinters and my tomatoes, so has slowed down a little. Hopefully night temps will pick up and I can get more fruit set. 

Capsicum flexuosum kindly sent by Bluesman survived postage from Finland!! Thanks Bluesman!!

Pimenta Lisa 

UBSC Brown

Aji Norteno

Guyana

Bluesman's mutant has several flowers now

CGN21566

CGN22871

Aji Verde

Aji Cristal with a few not far from ripening

Aji Fantasy first pod

My first Indiana Pequin pod set

Tuccurique Yellow

Pickersgill Orange is a generous producer it seems. Not often the first flower node produces four big fruit on a chinense for me. 

Pimenta Puma

Mako Akokosrade

Sowed these seeds back in February. Slow growing plants. Can you spot them?

Dicentra Spectabilis

Bummer that the Kapija didn't make it for you Ronan, but the rest look great. Pods setting is a huge bonus! :dance:

We have an "Old-Fashioned" Bleeding Heart plant that's blooming now too...
SANY0011_zpshysqcfzm.jpg

stickman said:
Bummer that the Kapija didn't make it for you Ronan, but the rest look great. Pods setting is a huge bonus! :dance:

We have an "Old-Fashioned" Bleeding Heart plant that's blooming now too...

Cheers Rick. Yeah, I'll have to try the Kapia again next season. That's the risk with only having one plant of each variety, I guess. Nice Bleeding Heart, a beautiful plant. 
PaulS said:
You have loads of pods already! Good work dude.
Did I spot some cactus in the pot?

Hey Paul. Thanks. Yeah, they are Lithops ("Living Stones") seedlings in the pot. Super slow growing, but interesting plants.

ronniedeb said:
 Hey Paul. Thanks. Yeah, they are Lithops ("Living Stones") seedlings in the pot. Super slow growing, but interesting plants.
Yeah I thought so, I didn't know the name but they are with the cactus at the garden centre :)
I thought we would able to plant out by now, where's summer?!

PaulS said:
Yeah I thought so, I didn't know the name but they are with the cactus at the garden centre :)
I thought we would able to plant out by now, where's summer?!
 I know, cold, strong gales and horizontal rain here today. Seems like February rather than May, 
Trident chilli said:
Great update Ronan ... love to see all those pods

Thanks John. Hoping there are plenty more to come. 

Quick little update:
I've harvested a few little CARDI Yellows from an overwintered plant and a few Aji Cristal from one of this seasons plants.  I don't buy any fresh pods in the offseason, preferring to use up the dried, frozen, pickled and otherwise preserved pods instead. It's great to be eating fresh pods again. Anyhow, my first pods from a variety new to me are CGN22871

Seedy, not as sweet and fruity as my favorite baccatums (Cristal, CAP267), not as citrussy as Lemon Drop, but still a decent tasting crunchy and pretty thick walled little pepper. I'm sure later pods will be bigger too. Low-Medium Heat.

Slug took a chomp out of one of my Fiesta Sweet Peppers.  :evil: 

At the Allotment, the 3rd Year Blondie has about a dozen nice sized pods set. 

2nd year Trepadeira de Werner is spreading and setting pods. 

UBSC Brown has set pods, sparsely

Pimenta Lisa flower is a pretty one:

Pod remains black 

Cajamarca has set several pods. 

Indiana Pequin

Great to see all those pods Ronan ... bet you have battened down the hatches these past few days ... not good chilli growing weather I feel so much wind and rain ... have your SG seeds arrived

Trident chilli said:
Great to see all those pods Ronan ... bet you have battened down the hatches these past few days ... not good chilli growing weather I feel so much wind and rain ... have your SG seeds arrived
Hey John. Yeah, we've had a "status orange" wind alert here for today. Very strong gales, coupled with good sunshine, which is a strange one. Weekend was grey, wet and cold. Not June weather at all!!
No SG seeds yet. Tomorrow hopefully. 

Trident chilli said:

ronniedeb said:
Hey John. Yeah, we've had a "status orange" wind alert here for today. Very strong gales, coupled with good sunshine, which is a strange one. Weekend was grey, wet and cold. Not June weather at all!!
No SG seeds yet. Tomorrow hopefully. 
Nice to see some pods :)

Is summer ever gonna arrive?
We've had such windy days too.

Back