• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SANARDA'S GROW LOG. LAST HARVEST MAYBE. AND STEELERNATION!!

Will do Dave and thanks Jamie. The pepper Gods were definitely looking out for me. Next year, a definite upgrade on this year, as it should be. Thanks to all of you who helped me this year. I would name but I can't. Would take all year and I have seedlings to start. Ahaaaa. I can't say enough about you guys and hopefully I can contribute as much to you all as you have contributed to me this year. God bless and happy growing. On TO NEW SEEDLINGS AND AND A NEW YEAR!!!!!!

Love y'all

Pia

ps: I'm a newbie at starting from seeds so can we do a rewind... From the beginning this time?????

Shane if they don't win, ima slap lil Omar Epps (the coach looks like him) in his nuts and make him scream Mr. Rooney ill kiss your shoes from the top of Hines Field.

Seriouslyyyyyyy. 26 23. Reallyyyyyyy??????

Will do Dave and thanks Jamie. The pepper Gods were definitely looking out for me. Next year, a definite upgrade on this year, as it should be. Thanks to all of you who helped me this year. I would name but I can't. Would take all year and I have seedlings to start. Ahaaaa. I can't say enough about you guys and hopefully I can contribute as much to you all as you have contributed to me this year. God bless and happy growing. On TO NEW SEEDLINGS AND AND A NEW YEAR!!!!!!

Love y'all

Pia

ps: I'm a newbie at starting from seeds so can we do a rewind... From the beginning this time?????

Shane if they don't win, ima slap lil Omar Epps (the coach looks like him) in his nuts and make him scream Mr. Rooney ill kiss your shoes from the top of Hines Field.

Seriouslyyyyyyy. 26 23. Reallyyyyyyy??????

Mike Tomlin politicized his way to where he is. He is by far the worst coach in football at managing a clock. I have watched them win games and a Super Bowl in spite of his poor management. In his defense (which pains me) they have about 4 starters that aren't hurt.

Oh yeah.... Nice plants and harvests! Hah

The first sauce was all bhuts, vinegar, a little water and salt. I didnt measure only did it to taste. Its ok but it needs something. The second sauce were my yellow congo trinidads and the same; vinegar, water, and salt. The third sauce was made with my fatalli's and devils tongues. Both yellow with water vinegar, and salt. They are pretty dang hot. I am keeping them in the fridge because I didnt cook anything.
Yes! Probably garlic. I will add some to a small amount and see if that improves the flavor. I will also add some onion to a small amount to see how that comes out. Then probably add both to another small amount to see how that tastes. lolololol. I'll see which one I like best. ;)

If you add onion, make sure it's cooked, or use onion powder. Also...try a little sugar, or agave nectar to bring out the natural sweetness of the chiles...fruit works too. Hope your garden hangs in there!

Sandra, your plants are looking great! Can't say the same for Steel (BEAR DOWN!) You can throw a tarp over the plants in the early evening and it will protect them from any light frost that might come. Walmart sells some tarps cheap...I think like 8 bucks, or you can go to menards/homedepot. Trash bags also work and after you are take them off you can still use them so no wasted money. I did this to my 40+ plants and they made it through several 32 and below nights. Good luck!!

Very nice harvests, Pia! Good finish to your season, and I'll bet you
get a few more! Still holding on here, too. I just can't let go. We are
into a def cool cycle, mostly lows in high 30's low 40's with a little
spike here and there.

Good luck keeping your plants warm!

Thanks LB! I am still tweaking my sauce. I dont know what to put in it to keep it from separating. How long should I cook the onions? Till they caramelize?

3/5 The idea about the trash bags is great. I have a big box of industrials.

Hey Paul, Yeah we are getting a hurricane here soon. Like early next week. Hope its not too bad. I have some leaf issues now too. I think its from that tree that looked infected that I posted a few months ago. Its dropping its leaves. Ugh. Still trying to hold on. Have several plants that have absolutely green pods. My plants are loving the cooler weather. They are still flowering and setting pods.

Thanks Megamoo. I am watching from afar on my Aussie grow partners starting their season. Happy growing.

HARVEST SHOTS FROM YESTERDAY

ACE90197-9018-493F-81D3-CFE7D3B98AB7-497-000000D8476B8EFC.jpg

280605BE-B59C-436A-9D63-85DCCEC5B89C-497-000000D84BBDAAC9.jpg

So I guess it wasnt my last harvest YAYYYYYYY!!!! :dance: :party: :dance: :party:

Great looking plate o' peppers, my dear! You are doing a
great job of extending the Jersey grow season! Have you
started any serious planning for 2013, yet? I am still in the
preliminary 'that would be cool' stage :lol:

lololol @ Denniz Why is your season over?? can't you grow all year in SoCal? Actually my plants are loving the cooler weather. Some are still flowering.

Thanks Paul! I havent finalized the list yet, but I can say that I am going to quadruple my grow. I want to do more brown/choc varieties this year. I also just purchased today some zucchini seeds, lettuce seeds, collard green seeds, spinach seeds, and Jalapeño seeds OH and tomato seeds. The congos (Both red and Yellow) are on the list. I tasted your naga tonight and I dont like the taste. I loved the Congos you sent tho. They are sooo gooddddd. The nagas had an almost flower taste. I have never tasted a flower but thats what I would imagine one would taste like. It was not over powering but there. Maybe a metallic taste. I cant put my finger on it. I saved the seeds anyway. I might grow. also on the list so far are the trinidad scorps. I saved my seeds even tho most of my pods were super small. All actually were. I am going to also grow a Brain Strain, I think its red. I cant remember. Thats the preliminary list so far.

Chris, I dont know what we are in for, but I am preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. :pray: How are you fairing? NVM lemme just go over to your glog and see :D

Been following Sandy via satellite - looks like a sudden veer to the west late Monday night and heading onto the eastern seaboard. Put some guy wires on the tall pepper plants, and get into a safe spot. Looks like it will downgrade from a cat 1, but there will still be lots of wind and rain. Good luck to you folks there!

Fingers crossed for Sandy to run out of steam on you-glad I put my coffee down before I got to the slappin Omar in his nuts part.LMFAO!

I used to date a girl called Sandy when i was in my early 20`s (dead serious) randy sandy was her nickname. :party:

Great season Pia look forward to 13, ill keep you amused over the chilly months, trust me. LoL

Mezo.

I know you will Mez as you are already keeping me amused :rofl: :rofl: . Please tell me your ex was nicer than this bitch of a storm we have coming

Back