• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SANARDA'S GROW LOG. LAST HARVEST MAYBE. AND STEELERNATION!!

Thanks Doc, Brown and Mega. I am still waiting for ripening. I have been munching on the one or two that have ripened. Mostly the Bhuts. They seem to keep a steady ripe pod or two. :onfire: Hey Paul. I am super excited about the pods but the ripening process is definitely testing my patience. GNSLR its sucks to hear about your comp. I hope you were able to save some stuff on it. Good to see you back on the mainline. Checked out your glog and looks like you had a nice sized tupperware of hot stuff :onfire: :dance:

Hey Denniz. I will do an update vid tomorrow but I havent really had much change just more poddage. Thanks for looking in on me my friend

looks like the fish u buried worked.. your plants look healthier than mine... than again mine are containers... had grub issues inground... good job

tell us more about the congo yellow?

I'm trying to narrow down the yellow's for next year,but from what I hear the yellow(any strain) pods tend to be better tasting. So I'm looking to grow the best tasting yellow's :)

Holy Mole Pia. Your garden looks fantastic. Plants are perfect looking :dance:

Those congo's make a great sauce or powder so don't give up on just cause they aren't the best fresh. :party:

And have you considered a hoop house or something to extend your grow another month. Might be worth it looking at how healthy your garden looks :woohoo:

Great video update,I'm looking at some of the same problems that you have with some of your plants, they're loaded with flowers and baby pods that won't have time to do much. My first frost is in mid to late October, so most of my havest will not happen.
As it is I have not harvested one ripe pod, luckily I did a trade and have recived some great ripe pods and was finally was able to taste a ripe T.S. along with some other ripe super hots. Your plants look great and I hope you have a big end of the season harvest.

Thanks Neil, Greg, and Denniz. Its been a long journey to ripe pods.

Fremp:
The Yellow Congo Trinidad's taste fruity and sweet with some heat. They aren't very hot at all, but their taste is amazing. The Jamaican Red Hots have a horrible taste raw, but probably are pretty good to cook with. I would absolutely suggest growing the Yellow Congo Trinidad's.

Jamie:
I had never considered building a hoop house until you just suggested it. I think thats a great idea. Not sure about my building abilities, but I might try it. Its worth a try huh?!?!?!

Wildseed:
Sorry to hear you havent had a ripe pod. I was truly afraid of the same thing. Until this week I was only getting one or two ripe pods on only one or two plants. It was frustrating to say the least. With the change in the weather, the pods are finally starting to come around.

I'm hoping that I'll at least get a few ripe ones, I plan to over winter a couple of plants along with starting my super hots at least two months earlier than I did this year. Getting sick right at the time I needed to start my seeds and having to work the garden with out any help this spring ate up a lot of time I needed to spend getting all my seeds going at the right time.
I'm betting for a more stable spring and summer next year and not the Hot humid no rain in sight spring and summer with a killer load of insects hitting my garden in waves and eating every thing they could find.
G. W.

I'm hoping that I'll at least get a few ripe ones, I plan to over winter a couple of plants along with starting my super hots at least two months earlier than I did this year. Getting sick right at the time I needed to start my seeds and having to work the garden with out any help this spring ate up a lot of time I needed to spend getting all my seeds going at the right time.
I'm betting for a more stable spring and summer next year and not the Hot humid no rain in sight spring and summer with a killer load of insects hitting my garden in waves and eating every thing they could find.
G. W.

I, too, am looking forward to a better year next year as I am overwintering a few and starting new plants a . . . whole. . . lot earlier than I did this year.

Some pics from my last two (and only two) true harvests

Congo trini's, Devils Tongue, Cayennes, and one Fatalli
CB92B486-42C7-48CF-BE55-AA3CA90FE29C-920-000000C2CA00C8B2.jpg

Same plus one Bhut
6D2B949F-87F0-4BD0-A8D1-A57C21FDF534-920-000000C2C62CC74E.jpg

DA303075-08C5-4A8C-93FE-723021C54029-920-000000C2C2839833.jpg

Devil's Tongues picked today
784B1E54-0FA8-4CCE-B884-8969C81E9DB4-920-000000C2BEE43108.jpg

Bhut's, Fatallis, and Congo Trinis from today
4ED7CF3E-B993-4BAB-9BF6-320D5397C265-920-000000C2BA44364C.jpg

I am picking them too soon. I need to let them ripen longer. I noticed that today when I cut open a really ripe Bhut and a orange/red Bhut (not completely ripe). The ripe Bhut had much more oils and had a sweeter taste more chinense taste

Have you seen a frost advisory yet up there? I know we hit 42/43 for 2 nights coming up. Stuff is looking great and you make me realize I need more yellow varieties.

No frost as of yet. Thank goodness. I am going to take some plant pics to show how many tiny unripe pods I have left. I can only pray we will be ok for another month. I didnt realize (as a newbie and knowing nothin about varieties) when I purchased my plants, that they were mostly the yellow variety. Cross Country does not do a good job of labeling so the labels just said Trinidad Scorpion or Bhut Jolokia without any indication of the variety. Now that I have much more knowledge than I did then, if I purchase any more plants, I will ask.

Nice looking harvest. I wish I could eek out another month on peppers, but I sort of need to focus on other things too. I love those yellows a lot. Sexy looking pods.

Those are some great harvests Pia. And I know they are some huge congos. Cause look what arrived at my house today. Just fantastic peppers . They are in perfect shape. The yellow congos are super tasty. Wife and i enjoyed one on a BLT tonight. Thank you girlfriend.

IMG_3936.jpg

Oh and I love the yellow varieties. Just great tasting peppers. Thank you again

Back