• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Sandwich of the Month

Hey y'all. A recent discussion with THP about Cuban sandwich's in another thread has inspired me to begin this thread.

What is a sandwich? According to wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich

I myself shall endeavor to post a Sandwich of the Month for every month. This month I tip my hat to one of my favorite sandwiches, The Cuban.

While I encourage y'all to post up your Cuban for SOTM, for the sake of popularizing the thread, feel free to post your sandwich. Be it BLT, turkey sub, gyro, po'boy, etc.

Some rules.

1 ~ Meet the criteria as linked above according to wiki.

2 ~ True, burgers are sandwiches but as we have other threads devoted to them, we will not include them here in this thread. No burgers.

3 ~ List ingredients and methods of how the sandwich was put together.

4 ~ No matter if it is a classic reuben or tuna salad, include a heat ingredient.

5 ~ Pics are mandatory. Talk is cheap. Show us the money!

6 ~ No tortillas. We have taco threads already, and that also means no stinkin' "wraps".

7 ~ Have fun.

I'll post up my sandwich shortly.

Bon appetit!

I never even detected bread it was more of a battter. Like the filling was battered.

"Honey wheat bread layered with tender ham, roasted turkey, Swiss and American cheeses. Batter-dipped, gently fried and coated with powdered sugar. Served with red raspberry preserves for dipping."

http://bennigans.com/bennigans-menu/sandwiches/

Wow, nailed it.

grantmichaels said:
"Honey wheat bread layered with tender ham, roasted turkey, Swiss and American cheeses. Batter-dipped, gently fried and coated with powdered sugar. Served with red raspberry preserves for dipping."

http://bennigans.com/bennigans-menu/sandwiches/

Wow, nailed it.

I stay away from those kine-o-joints.

Any 'thang that ends in 's or n's fo' sho'.

"Cajun O'Toole"

"Turkey O'Toole"

GTFO with that crap.

Allow me to introduce you to my cousin...

Mile's O'Toole.

There was this chain place named Perkin's that my mom took me too as a kid.  Inspired my favorite chicken sandwich.  Grilled seasoned chicken breast with bacon, cheddar, and bbq sauce.  That has since evolved to a blackened chicken breast with bacon, jalapenos, cheddar and hot sauce, but I never forgot where I developed that love from.  

A lot of my favorite foods that I make now came from things I ate as a child and wanted to recreate.  Of course with the years in the restaurant business I have also strived to improve on them.  Food is definitely a passion of mine, and passion always has roots. 

we had a Perkins restaurant down here for a while as I was growing up. I think I went there once. I believe the restaurant building is now a Chinese buffet.

We had a Bennigans too I think. I believe we ate our high school " " awards breakfast there.

Polish sausage, Bacon topped with Pecorino cheese, fried egg sprinkled with smoked Bishops hat Chilli powder, and my "Heat Seeker" splooge. All held together in a Ciabatta roll.

20150523_184820.jpg

20150523_185153.jpg

20150523_185652.jpg

SR.

When you sit on the couch awake, because you know you'll ultimately fare better the next day being tired, than having your esophageal apparatus acid-washed ... yeah, I'm there!

Funnily enough, I do well with all foods, except for peanuts. If I eat peanuts I have to make sure I won't be going to bed for a few hours after because if I lay down I'll get indigestion.

Shorerider said:
Thanks TB, but honestly, you guy's are a bad influence.

True story.

SR.

Allow me to honor you for a moment sir.

Your grillin' pics of half n' half grill/flattop/plancha are the sheeit!

Hear me now 'bleed me later.

You don't need me or THP to be an influence.

You do what you do like you do.

Like a motherfucker!

Back