• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Secret Ingredient Throwdown - Mango!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ling With Mango and chili and a Mango/Pomegranate sauce
PICT0757.jpg

PICT0765.jpg

Ingredients:
Ling
Mango
Red Chili
Green Chili
Carrot
Radish
Squash
Ginger
Snow Peas
Pomegranate
Vietnamese Mint
Lime

Mango/Pomegranate and vietnamese mint Up Front
PICT0758.jpg

PICT0760.jpg

Ingredients:
Water
Pomegranate
Vietnamese Mint
Mango
Lime

(Is this all i need to do?)

Orite, I had me a brainwave! I think I know what I'm gonna cook!

I was actually thinking my idea was original, but a quick Google just now proved me wrong. Nonetheless, I'm cooking it anyway (that is, provided I can get up early enough tomorrow and cook it before I gotta take ma out for mothers day lunch!)

I'll be with Nova on this one and will have to use the crappy tin stuff though :(

Now to just figure me out a drink.....

I'm off to the store right now for my ingredients. The mayhem will commence later on today here in the eerily quiet JayT kitchen.

My Mango trees wont bear fruit until the summer so I had to *GASP* purchase mexican ones. Oh well.
After a brief hiatus, the soflo posse has to make a return. Watch out.
Wayright...good to see another Gator here!

Back soon with a pic. Nice to see everyone again!

Going Fusion....Egg rolls! Scotch Bonnets! Mango! PORK!!!! Banana Leafs!! Other Things!!! 35 CENTS!!!!

MayTeaser.jpg

Let me get a few Busch Lights in me and then the madness can begin!!! Where's Sumbits?
It's hot as hell down here, glad we're doing mango. Feels like summer, when people down here wear less clothes (which is usually, but not always, a good thing!).

Teaser:

IMG_2051.jpg

Today IS cussin' hot, FD4!
I think this calls for a day of cold brews, grilled jerk chicken with mango/cucumber salsa, and some laughs under the chicky.

Looks good Sum. Throw that stuff in a cooler and swing by in a little bit.
Is that an 18 pack of BL? I got one of those too, but it's a little low.
Wet Jerk Rub?!...haven't done that in a while!

SoFlo...good to go!

BTW, Nova and Perko, STRONG showing!! Setting the bar pretty high, esp. the drinks. Love the margarita-ish approach...love the pomegranate! Bet it got you guys good and happy!

frydad4 said:
Looks good Sum. Throw that stuff in a cooler and swing by in a little bit.
Is that an 18 pack of BL? I got one of those too, but it's a little low.
Wet Jerk Rub?!...haven't done that in a while!

SoFlo...good to go!

18 pack? What are ya'll gonna' do with that? Magic 8 Ball says......beer run is mandatory!

This one is heating up! Can't wait to see the mango jerk chicken.

Got the chicken in the jerk marinade and made it over to the FD4 household... TB was right, a beer run is definitely in order. Too bad you won't be in this throwdown TB, I was looking forward to Vegas style CI mango salmon.

thehotpepper.com said:
This one is heating up! Can't wait to see the mango jerk chicken.

That's what I was contemplating for the throwdown. I'm doing up a bunch of jerk chicken for mothers day anyways. Just don't have a clue about the drink though :think:

I will be firing up the grill later so maybe I'll enter.

Quarter & a Dime .... 35 cents .... Ok I went to my local Lithuanian Market and picked up everything I'm going to use. I've added a photo of the ingredients ... except a clove of garlic ... so does that mean I can't use it or do I need to delete this and start over ? My coins are on de' Mango ..

Inga.jpg

Peace,
P. Dreadie

Dreadie-
Use the garlic, Bro, the pic is just a teaser.

Me and Sum have been staring at your picture trying to figure out what you are making. The suspense is suspenseful!

Looks like it's gonna be real good!

FD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back