• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Show Us Your Pubes! Group GLOG From The Rocoto Giveaway

I am starting this thread for folks who received some Pubescens seeds from me through the Pubescens giveaway. I figured it would be fun to see everyone's progress, plus have a general place to share any pics, growing techniques, and general Pubescens knowledge. I wish everyone great success in their gardens this year.

Even if you didn't receive seeds from me, and want to contribute info about your Pubescens plants this year, please feel free to share.

roper2008 said:
How are you trimming them.  Top or sides?  Looks like the Peruvian Red Rocoto is a spreader.
I trim off each shoot once it forks sideways from the main branch. I only do this the first time it forks. This will force the plant to send a shoot off at each node. The reason I only do it once for Pubes, is because the recovery time, before it sends off new shoots is a solid 2-3 weeks. Other pepper plants send out new shoots in half that time.

I also trim off all of the lower half of the leaves when I trim the shoots.

Mine are still babies and the one larger one with flowers and tiny pods is buried amongst my pickling peppers.

Will update pics once things take off weather wise here....3-4 weeks

I'm trimming some more rocotos right now. Clipped at each shoot, plus the lower leaves trimmed off. I plan on transplanting these outside in a week.

Attachments

• 20180422_175507.jpg
    20180422_175507.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 78
Thanks for the picture Dale.  I think I need to do that with my Aji Amarillo, they are way too tall.  Pretty flower masher.
Mine puts out little flower buds but I'm pinching them off for now.

My Aji Limo Rojo is doing pretty good.  I thought it had spider mites, but not so sure anymore.

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

This is my P.Dreadie.  It was looking beautiful before I transplanted it.  Now it's getting these deformed
leaves.  I planted it in a sterile mix.  Most of my peppers get like this to some degree.  Some worse 
than others.  I don't know why.  Not too much fertilizer.   I suspect, but not 100% sure is my Common
Milkweed in my back yard.  It's all over the place and some have distorted leaves.  I never use to have
this problem before..  I'm thinking of repotting my P.Dreadie in some pro-mix, and see

IMG_0060.jpg

Aji Dulce with same leaves.  My Rocoto is okay so far.
IMG_0061.jpg

This is one of my late ones i put in a test mix which it seems to really like. Half ProMix and the other half is a growers mix i get locally that is 40% compost/40% aged pine fines/20%rice hulls

7 days ago
22c7qRS.jpg

I will get a pic of my best one tomorrow thats in a fabric pot. It started to get a really deep green after a few days of rain and some fish emulsion ferts.

Same Mini Red plant today (after 7 days full sun) Starting to bud also
C6RXByh.jpg

YHgr2P4.jpg

My best Mini Red in the fabric pot. Its hard to capture its true color in the sun.
sAUIzbV.jpg

cCohUeA.jpg

cvXmwYF.jpg

Far right is the Mini Red. Its almost caught upto my MOA Red
sqHDBzO.jpg

MiraFlores. The small bushy one is my first one that had some weird issue. Its growing more like a bonzai with tons of small leaves. The other is a late start that grew fine under the lights.

These two plants dont even look like the same thing to me.
jt3Lku1.jpg

fgorlBH.jpg

w8N7C2q.jpg

Both my Arnauchos got flowers now. One of them for some odd reason had a really big growth spurt. Same potting mix, ferts and location as the other one. My Aji Dulce is starting to look nice now but man that thing grows slow.

I moved the smaller Mini Red with the flowers to a spot that gets some shade through the day. Near the end of the day will be about the only time it gets full sun. The larger one is in a similar type of spot so i wanted to see how this one responds to it.

Back