• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Silver_Surfer's Soggy Setback 2013

When the ground almost gets dry enough to work, it rains again.
Soggy5-6-13_zps48858a8e.jpg

Plants are long past ready and beginning to get root bound.
Plants5-6-13_zpsccad1e1f.jpg

More rain today. At least the SE no longer suffers from a drought.

Damn, where have I been?!?  I miss one day on this thing and the heavyweights come out in force!!  Looking really great man, the land, plot, and pod shots.  What is the USBC? Brandon (BigCedar) sent me some seeds for it and have never heard of it before.  Also, are the Douglah X TS S1 and S2s the same as the sepia serpent?  I just started some S1s a few weeks back (and a few others from your garden :) ) and was wondering about the sepia. 

MGOLD86 said:
Damn, where have I been?!?  I miss one day on this thing and the heavyweights come out in force!!  Looking really great man, the land, plot, and pod shots.  What is the USBC? Brandon (BigCedar) sent me some seeds for it and have never heard of it before.  Also, are the Douglah X TS S1 and S2s the same as the sepia serpent?  I just started some S1s a few weeks back (and a few others from your garden :) ) and was wondering about the sepia. 

Howdy Matt, the UBSC = Unknown Brain Strain Cross.

Same heritage, the Sepia is just a trait selection from that cross. Seeds from this grow will be F5.

Looking wonderful. Your garden is the most tidy I've ever seen, love it. I put down some straw as well, It's the best, helps in so many ways. You've got a lot of awesome strains going. I'm hoping to get some goodness out of the SBJ7 myself, the pepper just looks awesome. Keep it up!

Crazy cool pod shapes! The yellow douglah and SBJ7 are super cool. Along with the ubsc and morugas! And the others too!
Your place looks killer. The plot is nothing less than perfect. Thanks for letting us see a glimpse!

Got some great poddage going on already, SS :D Is that the SB7J I sent you some seeds from, being this F3 or a different source? The #2 looks a lot like the pods I had last season.

Spicegeist said:
UBSC?!  That sounds & looks great!  :fireball:

Thanks, yeah it's a hot one. Got the seeds from Big Cedar.

3/5King said:
Looking wonderful. Your garden is the most tidy I've ever seen, love it. I put down some straw as well, It's the best, helps in so many ways. You've got a lot of awesome strains going. I'm hoping to get some goodness out of the SBJ7 myself, the pepper just looks awesome. Keep it up!

The SB7J is a cool looking pod. Looking forward to tasting it. Thanks

GA Growhead said:
Crazy cool pod shapes! The yellow douglah and SBJ7 are super cool. Along with the ubsc and morugas! And the others too!
Your place looks killer. The plot is nothing less than perfect. Thanks for letting us see a glimpse!

Bumpy and hot go hand in hand and those will certainly light ya up.
devilsmokin.gif

Thank you.

stc3248 said:
SS...stunning is all I can say! Those weather woes didn't phase your plants at all! You got you a ton of pods coming on! Good on ya brother!

Well, they are still laggin' behind last season, but seem to be in catch up mode now.  Don't think they'll catch you though. :)

meatfreak said:
Got some great poddage going on already, SS :D Is that the SB7J I sent you some seeds from, being this F3 or a different source? The #2 looks a lot like the pods I had last season.

Got the seeds from Big Cedar. I don't think I got any of those from you, but have several other varieties growing that did come from ya and they're doing just fine. Thanks

armac said:
Plants are looking great. thanks for the seed trade, got a few going already.

enjoy the rennies

I'll plant the Rennies next season. Looking forward to some pics of your new starts.

Here's the extras inventory, Vincent. A couple dozen or so.

7 Pod Chaguanas                C. Chinense - 1

7 Pod Orange X                C. Chinense - 1

7 Pod SR strain x Douglah F2        C. Chinense - 1

Beni Highlands                C. Chinense - 1

Bhut Jolokia Peach            C. Chinense - 2

Bhut Jolokia Yellow            C. Chinense - 1

Big Jamaican                C. Chinense - 2

Chocolate Bhut                C. Chinense - 1

Fatalii                    C. Chinense - 1

Fatalii Chocolate            C. Chinense - 1

Fatalii Cream                C. Chinense - 1

Jay's Ghost Scorpion Red        C. Chinense - 1

Monster Naga                C. Chinense - 1

Naga Morich Black            C. Chinense - 1

Naga Morich X Congo            C. Chinense - 1

Safi Red                C. Chinense - 1

Trinidad Douglah X Scorp-Sepia Serpent    C. Chinense - 1

Trinidad Scorp M B Satan's Strain    C. Chinense - 1

Trinidad Scorpion Mustard        C. Chinense - 1

Valdan Viper                C. Chinense - 1

Aji Colorado                C. Baccatum - 1

Aji Pineapple                C. Baccatum - 1

Pimenta Barro Do Robiero        C. Baccatum - 1

All have pods on em. How bout a couple cases of beer in trade? :)
EXTRAS_zpsb8fcf0f9.jpg

Yeah, first ones are long, but look farther up the plant at the newer sets. They are quite a bit different. They'll settle out into a steady pod shape in a month or so. :)

"Hey, y'all. My name is Vincent and I am a practicing podaholic." Allen, if I lived closer to ya, I go ya 2 24's of your choice for just the black Naga and chocolate fatalii ;) ! Very pretty X-tra cart, there!

I got pulled away yesterday before I could leave more than a one word comment...

Pods everywhere is a good thing!

Very impressive grow!

Pretty impressive how the plants have forked/stretched and podded up in such a short time. I'm glad to see what the UBSC looks like, I've got that growing, so far just some flowers perking up.  
Do you get any sunscald on the pods this early in the season....I can see the canopies are filling up with pods faster than the plants can kick out their  leaves...
Great looking grow, yer right on par for some of those illustrated harvested shots like last year !

I do remember when these were put into the ground and man all of these plants have major poddage already.... Anyways very cool poddage you got going on over there SS...

Back