• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Solem 2014

Hey everyone,

Last night I dropped the first 48 seeds for the 2014 season. Over the past few weeks I have put together a grow area using t8's, metal shelving and some other make shift reflective materials I had around the house. I'm looking forward to this year as I am expanding my grow by about 4 times (I may have over done it but we will see).

Here is the home that the kids will be in for the next few months. I plan on adding more lighting on the shelve below the top one when I transfer the plants from solo cups to 1 gal containers.

wcSQTWtl.jpg

And here are the kids waiting to emerge.

cHBui6tl.jpg

Here is my current grow list. This may expand if I get some more seeds.

Aji Chuncho (CGN 22792) (Pepperlover)
Aji Limon Peru Yellow [SIZE=10.5pt](Pepperlover)[/SIZE]
Bengal Naga (Buckeye Pepper Co)
Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon [SIZE=10.5pt](Pepperlover)[/SIZE]
Bhut Jolokia Peach  [SIZE=10.5pt](Pepperlover)[/SIZE]
Bhut Jolokia Red [SIZE=10.5pt](Pepperlover)[/SIZE]
Bhut Jolokia Red (My seed)
Bhut Jolokia White [SIZE=10.5pt](Pepperlover)[/SIZE]
Brown Moruga [SIZE=10.5pt](Pepperlover)[/SIZE]
Brown Scotch Bonnet [SIZE=10.5pt](Pepperlover)[/SIZE]
CGN 20800 [SIZE=10.5pt](Pepperlover)[/SIZE]
CGN 22091 [SIZE=10.5pt](Pepperlover)[/SIZE]
CGN 24360 [SIZE=10.5pt](Pepperlover)[/SIZE]
Defcon 7 (Buckeye Pepper Co)
Dorset Naga [SIZE=10.5pt](Pepperlover)[/SIZE]
Fatalii Red [SIZE=10.5pt](Pepperlover)[/SIZE]
Fatalii Yellow [SIZE=10.5pt](Pepperlover)[/SIZE]
Mako Akokosrade [SIZE=10.5pt](Pepperlover)[/SIZE]
Tabasco (Unknown)
7 Pot Barrackpore [SIZE=10.5pt](Pepperlover)[/SIZE]
7 Pot Brain Strain Red [SIZE=10.5pt](Pepperlover)[/SIZE]
7 Pot Burgundy [SIZE=10.5pt](Pepperlover)[/SIZE]
7 Pot Douglah Yelllow [SIZE=10.5pt](Buckeye Pepper Co)[/SIZE]
7 Pot Jonah [SIZE=10.5pt](Pepperlover)[/SIZE]
7 Pot Orange [SIZE=10.5pt](Pepperlover)[/SIZE]
7 Pot Primo [SIZE=10.5pt](Pepperlover)[/SIZE]
7 Pot Red [SIZE=10.5pt](Pepperlover)[/SIZE]
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T [SIZE=10.5pt](Pepperlover)[/SIZE]
Trinidad Scorpion CARDI Yellow [SIZE=10.5pt](Pepperlover)[/SIZE]
Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate [SIZE=10.5pt](Buckeye Pepper Co)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]12/22/13 Additions[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Aji Pineapple[/SIZE]
Carolina Reaper
Yellow Primo
Wild Brazil
Funky Reaper
Galapagoense
SBJ7
MOA

Daisy Cutter MA Yellow (Buckeye Pepper Co)
7 Pot Bubblegum (Buckeye Pepper Co)
"Not White" Yellow Bhut (Sawyer)
CAP 501

Wow!!! Looks like you're having fun this year with all the new stuff. Well done good sir.

What are the yellow ones with the stingers?

I remember too when you asked about growing yellows this year and there it is, hardly any reds in there. IMO the yellows, whites and peach color pods are the best tasting out there. Lmk what you're looking to grow next year so I can start saving something for you.

-Walt

ribbedturtleneck said:
Way to spread the love! Nice growing.
Thanks!

Vegas_Chili said:
Wow!!! Looks like you're having fun this year with all the new stuff. Well done good sir.

What are the yellow ones with the stingers?

I remember too when you asked about growing yellows this year and there it is, hardly any reds in there. IMO the yellows, whites and peach color pods are the best tasting out there. Lmk what you're looking to grow next year so I can start saving something for you.

-Walt
Those are yellow primos. I think I sent you a few. I really like the flavor of them. Tastes like a cross of a primo and a fatalii or maybe a CARDI yellow?? I completely agree about the yellows. Most of the reds I have grown this year I have not liked as much as the other colors. Next year may be a yellow year except for several red bhut plants. Who knows though. I'm sure I will grow too many plants again next year. I'm a chili addict. The first step is admitting the problem. Haha

Did you get the box I sent you? I accidentally lost the tracking number  :drunk:  

Oh Yeahssssss!!!! I got the box! Nice stuff in there.

What are the brown ones? The long ones like a bhut are bubblegum 7 pot right? They have a bleeding calyx.

Thanks a lot for the box! Surprise for me because I wasn't expecting it today or anything.

-Walt

The brown one on the top of the pic is a brown scotch bonnet. The two smaller brown ones are brown morugas from Judy. That one on the bottom is a Choco scorp. Yea, those are the bubblegums with the long pheno. My other plant is showing the more moruga-ish type pheno but I do not know how much the calyx bleeds because none are fully ripe yet. There are also some daisy cutters (left of box), dorset naga, defcon 7 and yellow primos. Maybe a barrackpore or two. Enjoy!

Wow, Rom, from plant-out to pods, your grow really rocked this season!
Good luck getting the rest of the pods in   :party:

Very nice Rom! Very well done glog. The seeds you sent came yesterday, and sorry for being a bit of a slacker, but I just got yours in the mail yesterday as well. Glad to see your plants are doing so well! I certainly agree w/ you about this being one hell of a crazy summer here in NC, way cooler and wetter than usual! Thanks
Paul

PaulG said:
Wow, Rom, from plant-out to pods, your grow really rocked this season!
Good luck getting the rest of the pods in   :party:
Thanks Paul! It has been a success so far. Hoping to get good temps for another 6 weeks or so. It will start getting iffy by Oct 1 as far as any solid pod production.

Your grow is not too shabby yourself. I love the way the plants are around your yard almost like landscaping. Pepperscaping  :rofl:

chile_freak said:
Very nice Rom! Very well done glog. The seeds you sent came yesterday, and sorry for being a bit of a slacker, but I just got yours in the mail yesterday as well. Glad to see your plants are doing so well! I certainly agree w/ you about this being one hell of a crazy summer here in NC, way cooler and wetter than usual! Thanks
Paul
Thanks Paul! I'm glad they made it safely. No worries on the time frame. I will not be sowing anything any time soon...well you never know I guess.  :shh:  One morning a week or so ago, it was in the 50's as I was driving to work. Craziness for August! Good luck with the rest of your season!

Devv said:
A most excellent harvest there!
Thanks Devv!

Solem22 said:
Thanks Paul! I'm glad they made it safely. No worries on the time frame. I will not be sowing anything any time soon...well you never know I guess.  :shh:  One morning a week or so ago, it was in the 50's as I was driving to work. Craziness for August! Good luck with the rest of your season!

I'll have to agree with that.  I don't know what to expect of what this winter may bring.  

Back