• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Solstice Molé 2016

I not so subtly took out the Hatch's, RoTel, and Beans and placed them on the counter, all while putting away D's Lipton box by the oven ...

I was then able to coerce Danielle to take the chili pill in lieu of the meatloaf pill ...

It's not mole ... but it'll have to do for this Wednesday night! :D

I had to turn the A/C up to 75F because there was a little chill in the air a moment ago ...

:rofl:

Here we go! I have only posted this a half a dozen times so, pay attention this time. :Rofl:

IMG_0934.JPG

uh-oh....I was actually gonna cook tomorrow and eat leftovers tonight.  Oh Well, leftovers will still be leftovers tomorrow.  :lol:

Cut up a whole onion and smash 4 cloves of garlic. Put the chix in a 6 qt pan or pot, cover with onions garlic and about 5 of the 8 cups of broth, let simmer for about 25 minutes or just until internal temp next to the bone is 140° F.

Prepare dried chiles on a baking sheet and taost in oven at 210° F until they start arominating the kitchen. Don't do like I have done 325 times, and burn them!

IMG_0936.JPG

IMG_0937.JPG

Chiles and tortillas roasting, and everything else is ready for the NINJA. Banana, cinnamon, raisins, garlic and toasted in a hot pan, the sesame seeds and pine nuts. The almonds are also blanching.

IMG_0938.JPG

IMG_0938.JPG

That's about 10 dried Red Savinas on that pan. Perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_0944.JPG
    IMG_0944.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 60
The chicken is done. Set it aside and cover with foil. Meanwhile, strain the broth, discarding the onions and garlic. In the same pan turn off heat and add 1 stick butter and a round of chocolate. Let it sit there while you get some broth and chiles into the NINJA. Crumble the toasted chiles up, removing stems and seeds. Let them steap in the broth while you have some more tequila.

IMG_0946.JPG

IMG_0948.JPG

IMG_0950.JPG

IMG_0951.JPG

Back