• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Solstice Molé 2016

Turn this pendejo on and hold on!

IMG_0953.JPG

Meanwhile, over at the stove...

IMG_0955.JPG

Chocolate and butter hhwisking

Ok, this step is important, I forgot to mention to NOT add the corn tortillas into the first NINJA session. Wait until all other ingredients are blended, about 2-3 minutes, the pour the blended sauce into the pan with the chocolate and butter. Add the remaining broth, about two cups, to the ninja and the two toasted corn tortillas, it will clean the blender and not jam it up. If you add the corn tortillas in the initial blend, it will not work. The corn tortillas are in there as a thickening agent, and trust, it works.

This is somewhat what you should have. An empty blender, sauce/butter/chocolate in the pan on low heat (for now), and about two cups of broth leftover.

IMG_0956.JPG

Now it's time to cook the sauce. Stand over a hot stove, hhwisking for about 10-15 minutes on med/high heat, while all the ingredients in the sauce get cooked and well blended. I have also rushed this step when some of the ingredients like the bananas weren't quite cooked, and while it was still an awesome Mole, it wasn't the goodest ever.

If you have a kick ass wife like I do, ask her nicely to shred the chicken with her perty little fingers.

IMG_0957.JPG

IMG_0958.JPG

Time to Prep the chicken-
IMG_5656.JPG

OK, prep work done!
IMG_5657.JPG

Just kidding!  I have to take out the tendon, that white bit that's in the chicken tenders.  I don't know why, but it grosses me out!  To remove the tendon, grip it with the thumb nail and using a sturdy fork, work the fork down the tendon.  You have to have a strong grip for this method.  Option 2 is to pinch the tendon onto a flat surface with a glass, then work the fork down the tendon.  Make sure to give the scraps to a deserving Kreecher. 
IMG_5658.JPG

IMG_5659.JPG

IMG_5660.JPG

IMG_5661.JPG

IMG_5662.JPG

IMG_5664.JPG

IMG_5666.JPG

OFFICIAL MOLE ENTRY!
 Chop up some chicken, fry it up, add the mole sauce, simmer for 20 minutes, serve on tortillas.  Add some Bufalo-style chipotle prototype sauce to the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th tortillas cuz the 1st one with straight Rick Bayless sauce is...meh..but not spicy....

IMG_5668.JPG

IMG_5667.JPG

IMG_5669.JPG

IMG_5670.JPG

IMG_5671.JPG

IMG_5673.JPG

Definitely not as good as Scovie's but pretty good for a last minute Mole!

Happy Solstice, Everyone!!!

:cheers:

I'm right where I should be with Tequila/Molé. Buzzy and mouth fire. It's perfectly seasoned. It's all done. I am going to (possibly) have to post plated pics mañana. I need to make beans and burn some tortillas.

It's got great heat and the flavor is exactly how it should be. This is our 19th Winter Solstice Molé, and it was fun sharing it with you all. Maybe I should try to condense the method/recipe into one post for easier reference?

IMG_0993.JPG

Scoville DeVille said:
I Maybe I should try to condense the method/recipe into one post for easier reference?

Screw you, buddy. I think you should have this thread published into a picture book! Detailed instructions and purdy pics make me want to try making mole from The Mole King's own recipe. 
     Also, good use of the f x RS powder. You like? Definitely a bit different than straight red hab, imo. 

Back