• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling Some BBQ & Grillin' Escapades

Well, It got above 20 the other day and I already had the Knockwurst (Knackwurst) thawed out and had a dire need for some outdoor cooking sooooo ....
  A B-Day gift from one of my daughters from Schmidt's Sausage Hause und Restaurant. in Columbus, OH.

winter14001.jpg

winter1401.jpg

-----------------------

winter1402.jpg

---------------------------------------

winter1403.jpg

-----------------------------
A hard roll, spicy brown mustard, some taters on the side with a bottle of Sam Adams and I'm a Happy Guy ! :P
I love my kids ♥

OhioHeat

oh man that bird looks so stupid sexy.lots of nice grub you are throwing down hth.

ohio grilling in the snow looks awesome. almost jealous,Almost.

Looks tasty. Does not it fills the house with the smell of smoke? 

That has roast cuts? I see salami and ribs, but there are more things on that grill

Thanks CH and Penny!
Susrpisingly no smoke at all. Btw we ate on a different room in a different floor...

There were pork ribs, spiedini (infixed meat, sausages, pepper, lard), bacon, pork steak, sausages (it was finished before i could taste it), and of course polenta. Plus one pizza of mine.

Oh, about ribs here there's the (very) bad habit to cut them before cooking. Not me. We didn't marinade at all, just cook the rib, cut them for a final cooking.

HigherThisHeat said:
That is an awesome set up! Just hanging out, and cookin inside your own living room like its no big whoop

My wife says that all the time "No big whoop" I thought nobody said that but her :lol:

HigherThisHeat said:
That is an awesome set up! Just hanging out, and cookin inside your own living room like its no big whoop.
Yeah my friend has a good place, i my home we have predisposed one to build a fireplace like that but never done... It's expensive and to tell the truth i'm more interested in pizza at the moment. :P

I plan on smoking something this friday for the 4th. My plan is to do a beef brisket, but there is a fairly good chance I will not find one, so I need a back up, and was thinking of trying beef ribs, but I am confused because I have seen different type of cuts or whatever.

What is the type of beef rib I want for low and slow smoking??

Bro, you need to go over and check out the forums at the BBQ Brethren  www.bbq-brethren.com .  Those boys know the smoke.  I go over there a lot.  I tech them about one kind of heat, and they teach me about the other. 

Good looking Q you been doing.  BTW, I think the Weber kettle is the single most versatile grill there is.  I've been cooking on mine for going on 5 years now and am learning new ways to grill every day.

Research the "snake method" on a kettle for smoking and temp control.

VR,
Harold

Back