• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling Some BBQ & Grillin' Escapades

This is the 1st post:

HigherThisHeat said:
I don't smoke things much, and by much I mean twice ever.

I went in the store for a brisket, but they had it not. So, I not know what a good alternative beef product to smoke, choked under pressure and grabbed whatever looked meatful and smokable.

Some chuck ribs...
The Hot Pepper said:
Those are smokeable but better braised
Amazing how your views change in a couple years. I have seen some killer chuck and plate short ribs done lately... and never knew they could be so good! It's a TX thing, so I never really knew about it.

cypresshill1973 said:
I order to the butcher an cut the strip-rib of  8inch wide. Usually cut are 2 to 4inch. The bone is under the meat and fat (smoke crust hides), This cut is like a tratitional ribs, but it is wider.

In this pic you can see. My ribs are half what there is observed. The other half is in the freezer.  Understanding now?

asado1.jpg
This is how they divide them here:
Beef ribs left, chuck ribs right, plate ribs top (leftish).
beef_ribs.jpg

Yeah

Beef Back Ribs are the portion of the rack that looks most like a spare rack
Chuck Short Ribs are ribs 2,3,4,5
Plate Short Ribs are ribs 6,7,8

If you buy a "rack" in the store, it is the Beef Back. Chuck and Plate are smaller, thicker racks. Sometimes even cut individual. They are dinosaur ribs! Plate being the beast!

HigherThisHeat said:
I've only used it on chicken so far. Must try other meats as well

Looks like they changed the label out a little bit ... Mine are red and yellow, but I checked their site and it does look like they have that B&W one, now ...

Tasty!

I was watching your beer #1 video last night, have to watch #2 and #3 later on ...

Well this isn't really barbecue related, but I need to put it somehwere.

Oh wait. I have the power to change. BOOM now this shall include my grilling escapades

Anyway, grilled kabobs for dinner last night. A first for me.

Top serloin cubed up
2015-04-02 07.49.06.jpg

And Dale's seasoning for marinade. Also a healthy dusting of Zimbabwe birdseye pepper powder was used.
2015-04-01 18.43.41.jpg

Squasheses. Mushrooms. Red pepper. Onion. Cherry tomato
2015-04-02 07.57.12.jpg

2015-04-02 07.57.55.jpg

Me too, and I can not understand why I have over looked making them this whole time.

The ones in the 2nd pic down, behind the beef kabobs are mahi kabobs with pineapple, and an orange ginger marinade btw. Also was freakin awesome!

Back