• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

sp33d DIY air prune pot grow glog 2014 (update 9-10-2014)

Ok I'm a newbie around here but figured I would create a glog to contribute...hope you enjoy and I will update it weekly ...hope I'm doing/setting up this glog the right way

Ok this is an all organic outdoor grow..yes I am an all organic gardener and landscaper but I do not preach like some do...grow whatever you want to as long as your growing something is my philosophy..
9- 5 gallon air prune pots, 1- 7-gallon air prune pot and 2- 20sh gallon pots
Pro mix HP with 20 lbs EWC and nutrient kit from buildasoil.com, all mixed and then cooked for a week under a tarp

Feeding will strictly be alternated every week between
Neptunes fish/seaweed emulsion
Tea brewed with EWC compost from my worm factory and bat guano

Watering and tea will be made and done strictly with rain water from my rain barrel

Strains in this glog are
Big daddy hybrid sweet yellow
Cherry pepper
Thai pepper
Mild jalapeño
Green habanero
Bananarama hybrid
Carmen sweet pepper
Chocolate moruga scorpion
Chocolate Trinidad scorpion
Chocolate Bhut jolokia
Yellow mini bell
Carolina reaper

Drilled 1 1/2" holes in 5 gallon pots for air pruning, lined with garden paper and covered with shelf liner to stop pots from heating up in sun

Pepper food
Worm factory for fresh EWC, bat guano both to make tea and alternate weekly with the Neptune's fish/seaweed emulsion

Rain barrel for water for the tea brewing and fish/seaweed emulsion..will strictly be using the rain water for all feeding and watering

Chocolate bhut jolokia

Mini yellow bell

Carolina reaper

Here are a few pics of the canopies of the scorpion and reaper that have slowed down and look just ugly...can you guys see anything wrong?
Again they both have the same medium, same watering schedule, same fish/seaweed emulsion, same AACT tea, same feeding schedule as all my other plants and everything is doing great except these two...no signs of bugs that I can see...
Went to local hydro store yesterday and learned they have "tea Tuesdays " just bring in a jug and they will give away for free up to one gallon of fresh brewed AACT tea away every Tuesday until their HUGE ass brewing vat is gone...even though I brew my own I will surely take advantage , can't ever have enough AACT in my opinion ...

Scorpion
image.jpg

image.jpg

Reaper
image.jpg

image.jpg

Homemade hummingbird feeder I made out birch wood branches...got the wood on a hike in Traverse city a few years ago ..couldn't delay making it anymore or the wife was gonna kill me lol

image.jpg

Dang Tony... you still had to bring plants indoors overnight in July!? :shocked:  At least I hope you don't have to do it often.

AACT looks like it'll work a treat for your chiles... Have you been getting a lot of rain? The leaf damage you show in your second to last pic is what I'd expect to see if the plants were in excessively moist conditions. The spotty leaves that are yellowing on you look like they have a fungus thing going on, and I'd pinch them off and get rid of them... far enough away that they can't pass whatever they have on to other leaves. The tea should help with any nutrient leaching issues you might be having. Drive on dude!

they are lookin good!

its been cold here for the last 4 nights, temps dropping down to 40 or so at night and up to 80 during the day. not sure what the hell is going on here, we even had a frost warning in july its crazy!

Looks good brother. I started mine really late. But I might get a few pods out of each plant.. I will pinched when I pot up next week. Have a look. It's kevin late start glog. I will have a bunch new pics here in a bit.

stickman said:
Dang Tony... you still had to bring plants indoors overnight in July!? :shocked:  At least I hope you don't have to do it often.

AACT looks like it'll work a treat for your chiles... Have you been getting a lot of rain? The leaf damage you show in your second to last pic is what I'd expect to see if the plants were in excessively moist conditions. The spotty leaves that are yellowing on you look like they have a fungus thing going on, and I'd pinch them off and get rid of them... far enough away that they can't pass whatever they have on to other leaves. The tea should help with any nutrient leaching issues you might be having. Drive on dude!

Thanks stick...yeah weather up here in Michigan is just crazy...I might have to do the same tonight or tomorrow cause the low they say might be 50..wtf...

magicpepper said:
they are lookin good!

its been cold here for the last 4 nights, temps dropping down to 40 or so at night and up to 80 during the day. not sure what the hell is going on here, we even had a frost warning in july its crazy!

Yeah man I don't get it...

KevinH said:
Looks good brother. I started mine really late. But I might get a few pods out of each plant.. I will pinched when I pot up next week. Have a look. It's kevin late start glog. I will have a bunch new pics here in a bit.
Thanks for checking in my friend ..

Ok folks , I will have an update within next day or so, been busy with the DIY DWC system ..the plants are doing well and the two runts of the group are coming along as expected ...

Stay tuned friends...

Here is a little update on my glog...all the plants are looking good ..sprayed the plants with some fungicide right before these pics due to the rain and weather being perfect for a fungus attack...

Due to the damn lows we are having here in Michigan and the wicked storms I have put the plants in the garage for a couple days

Jalapeño pepper

Cherry pepper

Bananarama pepper

Yellow mini bell

Thai pepper

Your plants look pretty good Tony. I'd say you don't have to worry so much about fungus attacking your plants unless they're crammed so close together that damp, airless conditions apply or you already have a fungus issue with your other plants outside.  Cheers!

Yeah the weather has been crazy here ...we actually just got done getting hammered with hail and storms...I'm so sick of this craziness ....

Any who here is another small update , this was form earlier today before hail storm so I hope to see no damage when I go check them in morning..
Enjoy...

The jalapeños are going crazy

Carmen sweet pepper...this pepper is almost as big as the big daddy sweet peppers

Finally chocolate bhut pods are forming...

Mini yellow bells are also going crazy..tons of peppers on this plant

I accidentally popped a mini yellow bell off when cleaning it up today so I took a bite, has a sheeit ton of seeds in it ..tasted bitter

Cherry peppers...same as the mini bells, there are tons of peppers on this plant as well
image.jpg

Bananarama are doing great..can't wait to pickle and can these...
image.jpg

And two of my favorite 'maters in my garden..these chocolate cherry 'maters are so good ...so are these genovesa costolutos....ripen baby ripen...
image.jpg

image.jpg

i love tomatoes, slice them up, put them on toast with mayonnaise salt and some cheese and you got a pretty damn good summer/fall snack. mmmmm  and chocolate cherry tomatoes sound really really good.

No trickery needed for my daughter ,she loves anything and everything that comes out of a garden...lucky us lol...
Yeah we have some pineapple 'maters growing as well and those are some serious tasty 'maters on a sammich....
Thanks fellas...

Woke up to no damage luckily after yesterday's hail storm...both garden and peppers are still kicking ass and taking names ...gave the peppers a dose of sea-90 and fish/seaweed emulsion ....they are happy this morning...

Looks like youll be on fire soon man! Everything is looking great! I still havent figured out my Morugas funky leave wrinkle thing either.....

Islander said:
Looks like youll be on fire soon man! Everything is looking great! I still havent figured out my Morugas funky leave wrinkle thing either.....
My moruga and reaper plant are that way...I don't get it..I pamper the hell out of these plants and the other ones love it but those two just don't seem to like what I'm doing or they are just runts lol..

Beautiful day out today minus the humidity...damn sweating like a pig..

Anyways here is a small update ....gave them another drink today with some organic calmag and lite dose of sea-90....

Enjoy...

Since I started using the sea-90 the chocolate moruga and reaper have started to make a comeback...
Chocolate moruga

Reaper

Can't wait to stuff these big daddy sweet peppers and drink some beer while I do it..

Chocolate bhut pods like these are all over this plant...again after I started using the sea-90 it seems everything kicked into high gear...

Our last year record was 11' tall 'mater plant..this year I think our chocolate cherry is gonna smoke that record ....

she's still young, wait till she gets older then you might have to trick her into eating veggies lol
my daughters for a while would not eat any meat unless it was beef, then they tried deer and absolutely refused to eat any kind of meat unless it was deer lol. that lasted about 4 years lol

tctenten said:
Great pics.  My "little" girl is 11 now, enjoy it, the time flies by.
I cherish every moment I have with her and my wife...

magicpepper said:
she's still young, wait till she gets older then you might have to trick her into eating veggies lol
my daughters for a while would not eat any meat unless it was beef, then they tried deer and absolutely refused to eat any kind of meat unless it was deer lol. that lasted about 4 years lol
I doubt it man she cause loves her veggies lol...she's almost 2 and hasn't had meat or sugar other then what's naturally in fruit ....people are amazed when we tell them that she is 2 and hasn't been sick, not even a sniffle yet... yeah we are those crazy parents but we don't care because our daughter is beyond healthy...

dlsolo said:
Can't wait to see all those Choco Bhuts ripen up.  It's gonna be sweet!
Me to man, me to....going to be tasty...I hope...

Thanks fellas...

Back