• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Spicegeist 2014 - The Year of the Bhut

This year I'm growing primarily bhut/naga types.

Not much to look at now, but thought I'd kick things off since I'm already starting seeds:

Here's my list:
  1. Red Bhut
  2. Choco Bhut
  3. Yellow Bhut
  4. Peach Bhut
  5. Shabu Jolokia
  6. Naga King
  7. Naga Morich
  8. Naga Suomi
  9. Dorset Naga
  10. Guwahati Bhut
  11. Pale Bhut / Bih Jolokia
  12. Jay's Peach
  13. Fatalii
  14. Lota Bih
  15. C. galapagoense

Spicegeist said:
Another angle on the Chiltepin x Chintexle pod:
13912563207_fc620713fc_b.jpg

Here's a pic of the Chintexle I grew in 2013, similarly pubescent:
IMG_20130630_161151_zps4afb5a94.jpg

Yes, that Galapagoense is a real beauty.  How old?  It's very bushy - mine is
more upright, looks sort of like a tall christmas tree.  Did you do any pinching
on that specimen?

PaulG said:
Yes, that Galapagoense is a real beauty.  How old?  It's very bushy - mine is
more upright, looks sort of like a tall christmas tree.  Did you do any pinching
on that specimen?

Thanks.  I didn't to anything but let it do its thing... it sprouted on Jan. 1 if I'm remembering correctly...

Peach Bhut:
13974512819_256a0578d3_b.jpg

A couple of Shabu pods:
14158430322_f1c708d8ac_b.jpg

14161227015_660fdf491a_b.jpg

Overwintered C. chacoense about to flower:
14158455532_7cabae04c0_b.jpg

Amazing as always!! I like the way the pods develop with the flowers still. Is that Chacoense the mother of this hybrid?

Making some progress here Charles, this one is developing fast and we should see flowers any time now...

CAP 501 x Donne sali F1.

Branching out.

Full plant. It's about 16 inches tall.

-Walt

Vegas_Chili said:
Amazing as always!! I like the way the pods develop with the flowers still. Is that Chacoense the mother of this hybrid?

Making some progress here Charles, this one is developing fast and we should see flowers any time now...

CAP 501 x Donne sali F1.

-Walt

Yes, my chacoense is the CAP 501.

You know the more I look at pics of what's supposed to be a cross, the more I think it's just a straight CAP 501... I suppose we'll know for sure when the fruit develops.

stickman said:
Lovin' the most recent pics Charles! Your plants have got a real jump on on my King Naga and Guwahati Bhuts. I'll definitely keep an eye peeled here to see what I can expect from them. Cheers!

I grew the Guwahati last year and love it.  I have an overwinter about to flower too...

Back