• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

spongey's 2012 grow

well, so far a couple plants are still producing pods! and the rest are still growing and my seedlings are plugging away for being outside here in San Diego.
my douglah that i have at my office
IMAG0748.jpg

Devils tongue red has 10+pods on in now blooms still coming in
IMG_3072.jpg

Brain strain DWC
IMG_3071.jpg

Douglah DWC
IMG_3070.jpg

Choc Bhut, still waiting on my fist pod
IMG_3068.jpg

Choc hab i pruned its roots and re potted it so hopefully it takes off once it warms up a little.
IMG_3065.jpg

here is my mystery plant, gotten 30pods so far and more coming
IMG_3061.jpg

here are the seedlings, carmen, 7pot white, fatalii, choc scorp, choc hab X Red hab, naga morich.
IMG_3066.jpg

i will update from time to time hopefully this will be pics of tons of pods come spring time!

Eric

probably will knobble up when the spring sproings a little bit harder and hotter

was there some smoother ones already harvested from these?

wow they are really going off well

i've been seeing my pine trees are spewing their jizz

all over the place i think they can tell better than the calendar

that now it is time to run amok

here is a before and after photo og the DWC brain roots,
before getting the temps in check
IMG_3119.jpg

couple weeks later nice healthy roots growing!
DSC_0113.jpg

here are the seedlings moruga blend, purple bhut, choc bhut X yellow 7, douglah X Moruga, black pearl
DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

couple more brains! LOL obsessed with plant and camera!
DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

and what i call hydro row
DSC_0050.jpg

very nice!!! I love your brain! Lol sounds funny huh? :rofl: Anyways! If you have some free time sometime I'd like to learn about growing hydro! I plan on growing a plant or two by hydro next yr. No rush!

very nice!!! I love your brain! Lol sounds funny huh? :rofl: Anyways! If you have some free time sometime I'd like to learn about growing hydro! I plan on growing a plant or two by hydro next yr. No rush!
i got all my knowledge from searching this site, feel free to message anything and i will try to help you!

Hey, spongey! Nice work getting the new camera under control!
Your plants look great. I don't know what makes the overwinter
plants seem so cool, but yours look great really gnarly and bushy!
The seedlings look pretty cool, too!

Where did you buy your set up?
I'd recommend you make one yourself. Buy a 5 gal bucket from HD or Lowes and you buy a lid with a net pot built in. Then you buy an air pump and a couple airstones from wal-mart and your set. You will also need some rockwool cubes, hydroton pellets and some nutes and your all set.

^^^what he said, i bought mine at hydro store butthey are easy to make, i got a super deal by trading seeds for discount. also if you are going to get serious the cheap airstones can clog. i bought some micro pore stones and they can be cleaned and put out lots more air in smaller bubbles and i can def see a difference between the more oxegenated plants. but they are pricey

That brain is gonna be like a cluster bomb when all those flowers follow through. The nice white roots are gonna help too-you are gonna have a poster child! :cool:

Awesome plants, hope mine look half as good. I was wondering how your DWC was doing outside in the heat and sun, but I noticed in your last couple (3) set of pics that you wrapped the buckets with white plastic, I’m assuming to reflect the sun and heat. How is that working to control the temp, or are you using something in combination with that? After last year, with my 3 T. Scorp’s that produced a whole whopping 20 some pods, I was going to try both DWC and EBB & Flood outside and temp is my biggest concern.

PK, the white plastic has done wonders with lowering the temps! i have tons of new healthy roots popping out.

well as promised here are a few pics of the twins hope they stick around to become full sized pods.
DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

and a few pictures of new pods growing in
DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

Looks amazing Spongey. Man Im taking pics left and right with my s95 point n shoot. If I had an slr like that Id never put it down.

Oh by the way..that pic of the devils tongue........it didnt make the cut for my starts...but youve went and made me drop some seeds.....bastard...lol

liking that cam bro... and 3/5 if you look at the Devil's Tongue Brown, you can end up with red ,yellow and brown pods :cool:

Nikon D3100 with jut the standard 18-55mm lens on the auto macro setting till i get the hang of full manual mode which i am working on now. its fun stuff!

Wow Eric nice pics! I need to tell the hubby to buy me a SLR now, I already wanted one but more so now!! Keep up the good work! :)

Back