• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

STC3248, Just Another Grow Log! Holiday Harvest!

Still waiting on the supers...but the rest are sprouted and under lights. This will be my first attempt at supers. Fingers crossed. I am so lost in the labels. I don't know how some of you keep them all straight??? I know I got most of them right...but had a couple random seeds pop up under the starter pellets...lolEdit: This was my STARTING listJalapenoBlack CobraMucho Nacho JalapenoBellPoblanoCaribbean RedChocolate HabaneroAnaheimCayenneTrinidad ScorpionBhut Jolokia Red/Yellow/Chocolate/White/PurpleFataliPequin ChiapasAmigo Diablo Bombay MorichDorset NagaLg Yellow 7 Pot7 Pot RedDouglahBishops Crownand OrnamentalsHere is the FINAL revised list! lol yeah right! Got some slow movers on here...GREEN: planted last night 3 February...didn't soak, so they may take a bit longer than normalORANGE: Planted 25 JanuaryBLUE: Planted 13 JanuaryBLACK: Planted 5 JanuaryFish 0/2Wild Brazil (Cumari) 0/2Tepin 0/2Aji Omnicolor 0/2Yellow Scotch Bonnet 0/2Goccia d'Oro 0/2Red Lantern Habanero 0/2Brain Strain 0/2Billy Boy Douglah 0/2Peruvian White Bullet Hab 0/2Kaval F-1 0/27 Pot Primo 0/27 Pot Monster Infinity 0/2Devil's Tongue Brown 0/2Bhut Jolokia Orange 0/2Black Naga 1/2Bhut Jolokia Purple 4/4 Bhut Jolokia White 4/4 Bhut Jolokia Red 4/4Bhut Jolokia Yellow 2/4 :whistle:Bhut Jolokia Chocolate 4/4 7 Pot Red 4/4 7 Pot Lg Yellow 4/4 Fatali 4/4 Chocolate Hab 4/4 Bishops Crown 4/4 Pequine 4/4 Trinidad Scorpion 3/4Established Plants:Caribbean Red x5Black Cobra x6Jalapeno x6Mucho Nacho Jalapeno x8Cayenne x6Bell x4Poblano x3Anaheim x3
SD530668.jpg
SD530717.jpg
SD530719.jpg
My 10 year old is responsible for the artwork on the cups!

:dance: Holy frejoli brother Shane. What on earth are you gonna do with all those peppers. Talk about a never ending bounty :dance:
Thanks Jamie!!! Making a big batch of "Superman" powder...more super and less man than last time. Should be epic. Its going to be about 50/50 Manzano to super. Used mainly my yellow pods because I thought the flavor would marry up better, but I threw in 3 or 4 red 7's and some (10) red scorps...and a couple Chocolate Bhuts...oh yeah and some Devils tongue...maybe 5 or 6 of those...Like I said, should be epic! The rest are gonna get frozen for now and powdered or sauced later on. The big jims get roasted then frozen. The bells are getting stuffed for dinner with some venison sausage and served along side some bacon wrapped venison steaks. May even grill up a few supers in some olive oil with some garlic and onions Jamie style! Sick or not...my plants are ROCKIN! :dance:

By the way Jamie...I owe you a ton. So if you see anything you want to sample let me know and they'll be inbound directly! Just don't plant the seeds from any of the pods! I am going to attempt sterilizing some of the Yellow Infinity seeds next season...its a great freaking plant. Don't know if its stable, but I wanna try to get it that way. So I will roll the dice on that one. Supposedly if you soak them in 125 degree Trisodium Phosphate bath for 30 minutes they should come out clean...but with a hit to germ %.

Thanks Jamie!!! Making a big batch of "Superman" powder...more super and less man than last time. Should be epic. Its going to be about 50/50 Manzano to super. Used mainly my yellow pods because I thought the flavor would marry up better, but I threw in 3 or 4 red 7's and some (10) red scorps...and a couple Chocolate Bhuts...oh yeah and some Devils tongue...maybe 5 or 6 of those...Like I said, should be epic! The rest are gonna get frozen for now and powdered or sauced later on. The big jims get roasted then frozen. The bells are getting stuffed for dinner with some venison sausage and served along side some bacon wrapped venison steaks. May even grill up a few supers in some olive oil with some garlic and onions Jamie style! Sick or not...my plants are ROCKIN! :dance:

Wow, great plans with those. I've really got to figure out what to do with all of mine as they come in. I have some ideas, but just not enough for all...
Love your plan for the bells, sounds wonderful. I wonder what a super put into a marinade for a venison steak would taste like... ummmm you've got my imagination going.

Always a pleasure to see what's cookin' with the Shanemobile!
Your harvest pics are some of the most eclectic I've seen, how
cool is that? Great variety and beautiful colors - a work of art
all by themselves! Your culinary skills are impressive, as well,
my friend. Way jealous! Where did you score the venison? I
haven't had game for so long I can barely remember how
awesome it is!

Does the mottle virus ruin the pods, or just make them look funky?
Next year's container garden will be a change up for you with no
in ground plants. Maybe you mentioned this before, but can you
rid the soil of the virus? Maybe some kind of drench? I hope the
soil isn't permanently compromised. That would suck big time.

Okay, bro - enjoy the rest of your Sunday cookin'!

I hear you on just giving up and letting nature take it's course. Sometimes it get's to be too much. Maybe a good AACT foliar feeding would help. Lovin' the videos....Will Smith lmao...brought me back. Nice harvest you have going. Can't beat a good harvest.

Wow, great plans with those. I've really got to figure out what to do with all of mine as they come in. I have some ideas, but just not enough for all...
Love your plan for the bells, sounds wonderful. I wonder what a super put into a marinade for a venison steak would taste like... ummmm you've got my imagination going.
They're stacking up pretty quick here...but I'll stick'em somewhere! I dunno on the marinade, but a Devil's Tongue and a Peruvian White Hab went nice with it...

Always a pleasure to see what's cookin' with the Shanemobile!
Your harvest pics are some of the most eclectic I've seen, how
cool is that? Great variety and beautiful colors - a work of art
all by themselves! Your culinary skills are impressive, as well,
my friend. Way jealous! Where did you score the venison? I
haven't had game for so long I can barely remember how
awesome it is!

Does the mottle virus ruin the pods, or just make them look funky?
Next year's container garden will be a change up for you with no
in ground plants. Maybe you mentioned this before, but can you
rid the soil of the virus? Maybe some kind of drench? I hope the
soil isn't permanently compromised. That would suck big time.

Okay, bro - enjoy the rest of your Sunday cookin'!
I dunno about the most, but I got some crazy colors for sure! Greg (Pic1) I think takes the cake when it comes to harvest diversity. The only thing I think works is cooking the soil...I am going to try that during the off season with some plastic using a greenhouse type system. The virus doesn't hurt the pods for the most part, they just get kind of funky looking. Some pods get soft/rotten spots. Hitting the Bells and BIg Jims worst that way.

Thanks for the compliments on the cooking skills. I really love to mess around in the kitchen. The wife is a great cook as long as she has a well written recipe in front of her, but the creative part is what I'm best at. I can generally replicate my dishes and come up with new and different stuff as well, but sometimes I just end up with a big old mess or something that tastes like crap...RARELY though!

I hear you on just giving up and letting nature take it's course. Sometimes it get's to be too much. Maybe a good AACT foliar feeding would help. Lovin' the videos....Will Smith lmao...brought me back. Nice harvest you have going. Can't beat a good harvest.
Thanks 3/5, been hitting them with everything from aspirin to AACT...nothing helps. There is no healing them. I have only lost a couple so far, and a couple more are looking almost done. Most of them just get ugly and slow down a bit...then figure it out and start growing again, still ugly but growing and producing.

Thanks for the looks folks!

Here are some pics...may need some bumpage.

I think Bonnie commented on how she thought this pod was huge until I showed this one of me holding it...
P1010583.jpg

about 5 weeks ago I think???

P1020028.jpg

Today...really stoked too. My other Devil's Tongue Brown decided to be red. This one is the real deal and loaded!

Big cooking weekend...first off some more Superman powder...
P1020021.jpg

The Supers...

P1020022.jpg

The Manzanos...

P1020029.jpg

Smoked, dried and ready to grind!

P1020030.jpg

I did it outside...They call me the powder bandito! Wonder what would happen if I walked into my bank like this???

P1020031.jpg

Used many more super pods than last time. Stuck mainly to yellows, but through in some Red 7's and Scorpions to make sure it was real HOT! This stuff is good, but not too overpowering. DAMN! I was going for overpowering!

P1020026.jpg

How 'bout some fire roasted tomato and green chili sauce...Mmmmmmm.

Or...
P1020034.jpg

P1020035.jpg

Some fresh cucumber salsa! First but not last time I made this one. The Family gobbled it down. Great thing about Socal, I was out of lemon juice, so my son ran over to a friend's house and pulled a fresh one for me!

Bump please!!!

Bump
Love the video. Everything looks amazing the Devil's Tongue has a great shape how is the flavor I have seeds, but didn't think growing them this season maybe next. Can not wait to get into the powder production. Fresh salsa is always awesome on a hot day.

Thanks!!!

For dinner tonight...
P1020027.jpg

Venison steaks and sausages...well shifted gears and decided Kebabs were in order...

P1020040.jpg

Smoked the Venison Sausage for a few hours then went to work!

P1020042.jpg

P1020049.jpg

P1020050.jpg

P1020051.jpg

All dressed up on my finest Chinette!

P1020052.jpg

A closer look at the happiness on my plate...My first Peruvian White and a Devil's Tongue!
Peruvian White was about perfect heat and flavor wise, the Devil's Tongue had quite a bit more punch, but still wasn't horrible. I really like these two as dinner pods!

P1020045.jpg

My 11yo between the Devil's Tongue Brown and the BIG Bishop's Crown...

P1020044.jpg

Customary Critter Shot!

and finally the money shot...
P1020048.jpg

Another nice harvest today!

Paul the venison steaks were harvested on my dad's place in TX and the sausage is from a Mule Deer I harvested on Camp Pendleton. I am a bowhunter...but haven't gotten the chance for a few seasons. I still have quite a bit in the freezer, and if I start running low I'll get out there again. I am cooking it up to make room in there for pods!!!

Great weekend in spite of losing a few more plants to the virus. A couple more look pretty terrible, but are still kicking. and then a whole bunch have it and really don't seem to care. Hope everyone had as kickass a weekend as I did! Keep 'em green folks!

Shane

Bump
Love the video. Everything looks amazing the Devil's Tongue has a great shape how is the flavor I have seeds, but didn't think growing them this season maybe next. Can not wait to get into the powder production. Fresh salsa is always awesome on a hot day.
Thanks Fernando! Haven't gotten to try the Brown Devil's Tongue yet...the red had a really good flavor. Typical strong red Chinense, but sweeter than other reds. Had a bit more heat than expected, but nowhere near a 7 pot or Scorpion level.

Dang Shane that sucks about the virus still giving you issues. That meal looks amazing and awesome harvest. Are the one in the top right corner down one that came from the plant that is a not 7 pod yellow because they look more like pumpkin habs, but you won't know until you try them. Awesome job man looking like a great year for you even the little bumps.

Dang Shane that sucks about the virus still giving you issues. That meal looks amazing and awesome harvest. Are the one in the top right corner down one that came from the plant that is a not 7 pod yellow because they look more like pumpkin habs, but you won't know until you try them. Awesome job man looking like a great year for you even the little bumps.
They do look just like pumpkins...and yes most of those are off that plant. The two in the upper left corner of that cluster are off a legit Yellow 7...you can see the color difference.

Wow. Looks great. !! Wish my manzano would bud up. Only have had 7 pods. No buds or flowers. And damn birds ate two of them. No real harvest for me. Trying to figure out what's killing my plants. Keep it up and don't stop the fight. Great harvest. And I'll want to get that cucumber salsa. Lemme know when that superman is ready. Haven't tried that or the mixed ones yet. Shared all the powders already ad I'm out.

Denniz

Looking great Shane! Those venison steaks and kebabs are makin me super hungry!

Looks like we both pulled in a nice harvest today! Enjoy the poddage!
Indeed we did brotha! :dance: I would gladly share the kebabs...don't think they'd make the trip in a FRB though...

Wow. Looks great. !! Wish my manzano would bud up. Only have had 7 pods. No buds or flowers. And damn birds ate two of them. No real harvest for me. Trying to figure out what's killing my plants. Keep it up and don't stop the fight. Great harvest. And I'll want to get that cucumber salsa. Lemme know when that superman is ready. Haven't tried that or the mixed ones yet. Shared all the powders already ad I'm out.

Denniz
I have 6 Manzano's going, 100's of pods on them, but none ripe yet. Still paying the crazy supermarket prices. I had a pretty good hookup for a while at the farmers market. I would take him a little powder and he would load up a plastic shopping bag for $10. His source dried up and I'm back to $7.50 lb for them. The ones I pictured above cost me $26 and change...for freaking PEPPERS! The powder is ready...gonna post it up in the marketplace as soon as I get some other powders ready to go along with it. Have some of my own Piquin Crosses and Goat's Weed pods lightly smoked and into the dehydrator. I'll blend them up tomorrow and see how they work together.Also have a few smoked Orange habs drying...may make a REALLY hot batch of powder with them and some supers too??? Next few days should be ready to go. You and Eric (Emon) get first dibs on this Superman batch I'll PM you two when its ready to rock and roll.

Woowww.. Great looking harvest. and the Dinner... YUMMM.. even sick i want to eat the venison... Im just gonna move in and live in ur pepper patch.. hahahaaaa
C'mon out! The rent is you have to eat a Brain a day...
Sorry to hear you're ill...hope you feel better! You know peppers are loaded with Vitamin C!

Thanks for stopping by guys and gals! I will be sporadic during the week once again...gonna try to make it home most evenings. My son has football camp this week! :party:

That food definitely doesn't look bad. ;) It's rare when there's a picture of booze in the foreground and my eyes still immediately wander to the mouthwatering fare in the background Are those huge yellow pods second from the left on the bottom row the annuum scotch bonnets? They look like stuffing peppers!

Amazing harvest and food pics, as usual! You are definitely catching up to Jamie on the volume of your harvests. The size of that Bishops Crown plant is incredible. Might just give Jamie's mystery plant a run for it's money!

Would you be willing to share your recipe for the roasted tomato and green chile sauce? I know you probably don't use exact measurements, but maybe an ingredient list and basic ratios?

Oh, and I love the way you managed to sneak some pork fat into that venison meal. Everything's better with bacon, isn't it?

Back