• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Super Bowl Throwdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
all of the dishes have looked great so far...i bet that Bhut/Blackberry worked really well with the Empanadas

Ok I don't know if this is allow here are the process pics.

100_0148.jpg

100_0149.jpg

100_0151.jpg

What we have here is JayT's Who Dat Cajun Crab Dip

Ingredients include:
steamed snow crab legs and claw meat, butter, shallot, jalapeno, hot pickled garlic, heavy cream, cream cheese, Gruyere cheese, lemon zest and juice, Heartbreaking Dawn's Lemon Ice hot sauce, fatalii puree, cajun seasoning, naga powder, Old Bay seasoning, tarragon, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, parmesan cheese, panko bread crumbs.

I steamed the crab first, then heated the butter, sauteed the shallot, garlic, and jalapeno for a minute before adding the cream. Next the rest of the ingredients were mixed in and simmered to combine and meld the flavors. The crabmeat was folded in and the whole thing was topped with panko and parmesan and put in a 350F oven until golden brown and bubbly (about 40 minutes)

100_0159.jpg

100_0158.jpg

100_0167.jpg

HBD, nice sweet and savory combo. Personally I would have baked the empanada... hey, got a pic of the guts?

HBR JayT...I can smell it from here....

Damn Jay! First you win the care package of smoked fish, then you post an awesome entry when you acted all worried 'n all. Punked twice in one day! And you still get the hot, blue, and righteous! I could eat 'dat crab dip all day! I pity the fool who don't try 'dat!

Opening a Superbowl XLIV Trash talk thread

Very impressive guys! I dont think I have a chance in hell after seeing the impressive entries you all have.. looks very tasty :)

Here's mine.. not sure if it will post properly as I'm posting from work and have restricted access to the photo site.. i'll check it from my phone to make sure its gone through... otherwise will post tonight when i get home..

I present to you... Mel's Super-Balls..

Its just a pepper stuffed with double cream brie, tasty cheese, ham and a bit of salt and pepper, wrapped in chicken breast minced with garlic, onion and thai chillis, rolled in breadcrumbs and then fried.. the sauce in the middle is home made hot chilli sauce

here goes..(and yes, they are sposed to be foot-balls)
ingredients
IMG_1864.jpg

super-balls
IMG_1874.jpg

super-ball insides
IMG_1897.jpg

25anu3p.jpg
[/IMG]
thehotpepper.com said:
HBD, nice sweet and savory combo. Personally I would have baked the empanada... hey, got a pic of the guts?
Y'know, i will support the option to bake, i think they would have been a little more contained, I'm just all about the deep frying today after last nights wing experience!! In the end as far as my personal taste, it's all about the sauce for me, I want to put it on pancakes, i'm gonna post "guts pic" in a minute.

Bloody hell these entries all look great.........I thinking I should delete my final pic post and move it back into the right area???

Keep them coming people....This is gold!!

not sure the actual name but it was some kind of ball chilli i got from the supermarket.. not too spicy but was good.. you can see the original chilli's in one of my early prep pics..

that looks delicious mel

jay t, that is true buttery, cheesey, seafood decadence!!!! and with the Panko Crumbs! well done, well done, I better take a "low aspirin regimen" or something so i can look at that picture again.

OMG the chicken cordon brie pepper balls look amazing and I think may have my vote! Not sure yet.

Hell no! I just noticed they are also little footballs with stitching! This is my vote so far! WIN!

mel said:
Very impressive guys! I dont think I have a chance in hell after seeing the impressive entries you all have.. looks very tasty :)

Here's mine.. not sure if it will post properly as I'm posting from work and have restricted access to the photo site.. i'll check it from my phone to make sure its gone through... otherwise will post tonight when i get home..

I present to you... Mel's Super-Balls..

Its just a pepper stuffed with double cream brie, tasty cheese, ham and a bit of salt and pepper, wrapped in chicken breast minced with garlic, onion and thai chillis, rolled in breadcrumbs and then fried.. the sauce in the middle is home made hot chilli sauce

here goes..
IMG_1874.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

Mel....that is hot, blue and righteous ..........MONEY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back