• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Super Bowl Throwdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking about getting some pig fat, pig flesh, pig entrails, pig trotters and some helium.

paulky_2000 said:
I don't know........never been to a football party with ONE kind of food...
LOL you can make all you want but the comp. is for the most unique Super Bowl food, so eat the rest, and take the pic of your entry ;)

thehotpepper.com said:
LOL you can make all you want but the comp. is for the most unique Super Bowl food, so eat the rest, and take the pic of your entry ;)

Can do!

Off to bed...gotta get up early!

Looks like I'm going to have to make a quick trip to Texas to pick up those Pig Lips I saw when we visited our son. Darn - snowed in..... going to have to think of something else to make. I have something in mind..... stay tuned ... just have to think of a way for my wife not to get a glimpse of it.

Novacastrian said:
Girls Blouse!

"girl's blouse" ????!?

I gotta say I'm kinda glad/kinda sad for the ONE item rule, but it does make it easier for me to choose THE one. I was kinda worried that my 3 measly "horse derves" would be totally put to shame by a banquet table of 47 different items. BUT my teaser pic would have been gorgeous. I'll take the simplified version gratefully!

Damn!!! I made my entry tonight before I went to the bar. I wouldn't have had time otherwise because I'm spending the entire weekend out with friends & family. I hope I'll have time on Sunday/Monday to actually post my pics. No one will be eating my entry but me, since I'll be spending the game @ a bar & grill. But trust me, my noshings for the night are AWESOME! The pics have a lot to be desired since I was in a hurry to make everything, but still...it's the thought that counts...right?

Officially it's enterable since it started tonight, just don't post the pics till it says. :)

So only one food, meaning you can't have a plater with several types of foods on it for you entry? Like wings, mini burgers and wraps....

thehotpepper.com said:
Officially it's enterable since it started tonight, just don't post the pics till it says. :)

and that means prep pics only until 2 hours before the game. Did I get that right?

SHEESH! this is a lot to keep track of............:)

Thanks for extending the post deadline. I'll be doing good to get the dish completed after the three drink minimum let alone post the results.

3 drinks before starting IS a rule....RIGHT??????????????

Hehe. Correct! And yes one unique dish, meal, food whatever you wanna call it... again :)

Original post updated to clarify.

Remember guys Throwdowns are challenges, so if you are having a hard time thinking of something, that is the idea. This will be much better than judging traditional Super Bowl foods we see all the time. I have faith in you guys. I've seen you in action.

thehotpepper.com said:
Remember guys Throwdowns are challenges, so if you are having a hard time thinking of something, that is the idea. This will be much better than judging traditional Super Bowl foods we see all the time. I have faith in you guys. I've seen you in action.

I agree, we rock. :onfire:

Well, I guess this leaves me out. I am not making anything unique. And even if I wanted to, I couldn't get to the store now to get ingredients. Guess, I'll just have to watch. Maybe I will post some of my normal food just for fun. But according to the rules I don't really have an entry. :mope:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back