• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Super Bowl Throwdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 drinks before starting IS a rule....RIGHT??????????????

Ok at least it doesn't specify that it has to be alcoholic drinks before starting...just to clear that up for those who don't drink. Alcohol is NOT a requirement for throwdowns.

pepperfever said:
Alcohol is a requirement for throwdowns.

fixed it for you Jackie...roflmao...J/K ....

I don't know whether anything I make will qualify or not...we are having standard fare but since it is just the wife and I, I may try and come up with something....

ok here we go... all ingredients

round ball chilli's from the supermarket (not sure what they're called)...
double brie cheese
tasty cheese
ham
egg
thai chillis off my plant
onion
garlic
paprika
chicken
salt n pepper
bread crumbs....

hmmmm.. what am I making?? not sure how much to post before it gives it away... here's all the ingredients..

IMG_1864.jpg

whats it going to be??

IMG_1866.jpg

AlabamaJack said:
agreed...so only minus 1...

:gigglin' like a little school girl here:

lol.. you probably sound more girly than me!! when can we post official entries?? any further pics and i will give the game away.. lol.. get it.. give the GAME away??? oh dear.. too many beers.. time for bed i think :)

Nice looking pooches. The boss said no final pics until tomorrow. I have decided that I may be able to make one of my dishes original enough to enter. We'll see.

Well I think I may have disqualified myself, because I thought we could have a plate of different foods. But...one of the things I made was actually an ingredient for the main thing, so it may count.

As an aside...the fun is lost when these things have too many rules attached and people can't even participate when they want to. What ever happened to sticking with a theme and letting people run wild?

First of all there's not one rule that would keep someone from entering. Not one. What, be unique? That's not a restriction unless you're not creative and I'd like to think these little Throwdown icons mean something. I'm sure if you take a pic of just one of those things you'll be fine. If you're talking about running wild posting anything that happens in many other threads here.

Now back to the comp and have fun. :)

JayT said:
Nice looking pooches. The boss said no final pics until tomorrow. I have decided that I may be able to make one of my dishes original enough to enter. We'll see.
Excellent!

I got an idea and if it materializes, it could be in at least the top 3...original...yup...bet your sweet A**...so count me in..I need another crown so I can catch up with JayT...

AlabamaJack said:
I got an idea and if it materializes, it could be in at least the top 3...original...yup...bet your sweet A**...so count me in..I need another crown so I can catch up with JayT...

I'm thinking Deep Fried Skhetti on a stick......:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back