• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

The official TOMATO thread

Looks good JJJessee!

Most of my plants are flowering at the moment and some already have small fruits.

Coral Queen (new cross, unstable)
IMAG4215.jpg

Sprite
IMAG4216.jpg

Black Krim tomato is the best. Best flavor, best texture, balanced acidity. I have cultivated more than 100 varieties ... Black Krim always winning.

More pics...

Green Zebra

Copia%2520de%25202014-02-05%252014.19.50.jpg

Cuore di Bue

2014-02-01%252017.46.32.jpg

ANANAS%2520NOIRE%25201.jpg

2014-01-13%252016.08.16.jpg

Ana Russian

2013-12-31%252013.27.07.jpg

Big Rainbow

20130201_165656.jpg

Black Brad's Heart

20130205_150215.jpg

Liguria

20130201_163151.jpg

Gigante de Genita

20130201_163212.jpg

Rosa de Barbastro

20130114_155927.jpg

Amazing results everyone! Can't wait to harvest some tomatoes this year :-)

Quick questions while I am here. The leaves of one of my tomato plants has something going on, any ideas (pic 1)? Also the growing tip of my plants end with a thing of flower buds (pic 2), is that supposed to happen? I have only been pruning leaves and suckers from the bottom. Not sure if this is normal?

YqA5IS6.jpg

1PKbRxX.jpg

Doesn't look normal. When I get a leaf that starts to go south, typically the bottoms one, I clip it off and throw it out of the garden. Probably should sterilizes clips before clipping on another plant too.

Nice indigo rose Denniz.  I planted one last year but it didn't work out.  This year I'm giving one called blueberries
a try.  I'll post pics if it all goes well.

Tomato grow list this year....

Roma VF
Cherokee Purple
Aunt Ruby's German Green
Crimson Cushion Beefsteak
Calf's Heart
Big Rainbow
Theseliniki 

I only grow for myself and family, 7 plants is more than enough for my needs.  My growlisyt for Toms changes from year to year, who knows what I'll grow next year. 

Those are beautiful Indigo Roses, DenniZ.

Cypress, that a vast collection of tomatoes you have going.

I put down straw for my row of tomatoes.

IjYJS02l.jpg

It has been very warm and on the dry side, but the tomatoes seem to be growing fine. A few are setting fruit. Some haven't bloomed yet.
I've been pulling suckers like crazy. Seems like they appear over night and grow 3"

I've scattered several here and there in the corners of my raised beds like this Black from Tula

Cj4RgmEl.jpg

The ones that are really going to town are the SIP buckets I transplanted to in mid-April

11A3Vlzl.jpg

The Black Vernisage  first cluster.

LKQMEOMl.jpg

They only get a few hours of direct sun each day.
I may pull and root  a sucker then put it in a SIP with a sunny location to compare.

cypresshill1973 said:
I like Black vernisage!!!

It has already received the seeds that you send?
Unfortunately, the Department of Homeland Security intercepted the seeds.  :tear:  :banghead:
I'm getting ready to undertake a major seed re-organization. I'll get you some Black V. when I am able.

Back