• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

ThePepperGrowingMan's 2011 Grow Log

Here's what I am starting with this year, seeds went in the dirt today :dance:
More will be started when it gets a little closer to being able to put them outside.

giant jolokia
jonah 7 pod
chocolate jolokia
7 pod brain strain
doughlah
caribbean red
pimenta de neyde

img_3888.jpg

Thanks for the photo, mine is also orange atm will check tomorrow again been away for 2 days. Where did you get the seeds from? I got mine from a member on this forum.
Btw the Hot Charlton is doing great. It have start to set flowers again haven't tasted it yet but will do once i get back home.
For the giant bhut i dont know where the plant is my marker pen wasn't good at all so i cant read all the labels :( But next year i will make another attempt.
Keep the pictures coming ;))

Thanks for the photo, mine is also orange atm will check tomorrow again been away for 2 days. Where did you get the seeds from? I got mine from a member on this forum.
Btw the Hot Charlton is doing great. It have start to set flowers again haven't tasted it yet but will do once i get back home.
For the giant bhut i dont know where the plant is my marker pen wasn't good at all so i cant read all the labels :( But next year i will make another attempt.
Keep the pictures coming ;))

I got my seeds from http://www.thehotpepper.com/user/1257-pepper-ridge-farm/ . Will post more pics as things develop. I think you'll like the charleston, it's a great pepper. Thanks for looking!

Grow on :cheers:

The gardens...

img_4537.jpg

img_4546.jpg

img_4547.jpg

img_4548.jpg

Brain strain
img_4538.jpg

Some chocolate bhut jolokias
img_4540.jpg

img_4541.jpg

img_4542.jpg

And will bring it home with some red/giant jolokias
img_4544.jpg

Ripening is kicking in on all plants. I will be buried in peppers in no time!

Very well organized and clean looking beds, and I also agree those are some dynamite looking chocolate bhuts...

Thanks man!

So interesting thing about my chocolates this year, I have two distinctly different "flavors" of chocolate bhut jolokias this year. 5 of my plants are putting off the traditional brown pods. I have one plant that's putting off pods that more of a caramel color. Here's two chocolates and a red:

img_4575.jpg

Caramel jolokias for all!!!

Nice looking pods there, hmm caramel Bhut that is interesting

Yea, and that plant is consistently putting out pods of that color. I'm definitely saving seeds and growing a few of them next year to compliment my "normal" chocolate bhuts.

I've enjoyed the chocolate bhuts this season too, very attractive pods, nice pics.

I don't know about you but I love the taste of the chocolates...reds too :) Bhut's are still my favorite super hot. Speaking og bhuts, here's a little pile I pulled last night. Now that we have some decent weather my pods are starting to get closer to the sizes they hit last year. Have a bunch at 4+ inches, pushing for 5+ like last year!

img_4577.jpg

Grow on!

:cheers:

From top left down...

Douglah cross, 3 caramel bhut jolokias, chocolate bhut jolokias, red/giant bhut jolokias, fatalis & 7 pod jonahs.

img_4644.jpg

What I'm calling the caramel bhut jolokia is pretty cool. Definitely not a chocolate, definitely not a red. First taste test coming in the next few days...

Caramel & Chocolate bhut jolokias:

img_4648.jpg

Grow on!!

:cheers:

I just noticed that you seem to feed them with beer, is that as a foliar spray or straight onto the roots :think:

evil looking pods on nice and healthy plants congrats!

Thanks & It's a little bit of both :beer:

Beautiful garden ( raised bads ) , nice colorful pods. :)

Thank you, I've been very happy with the raised beds. It's year 2 for them.

Great harvest pics! I'll echo the general consensus with complete adoration for the chocolate Bhuts. Amazed.

Thank you and yes it really has been the season of the chocolates for me.

Bhuts & Brains!

img_4686.jpg

img_4689.jpg

Little green but needed to lighten the plants up a little :cool:
img_4676.jpg

Back