• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

tsurrie's 2016 glog

So this is the new season... can't wait to put the seeds in the dirt.
I just finished preparing the grow "corner" for my future seedlings, and everything works fine.

atestledsfans.jpg

The lights are prepared and I plan not to go over 200 plants this year.. but we'll see how that goes.

Like last year ... I'm planning to grow mostly chinense's and annums... but there will be some baccatums (Aji Lemondrop, Aji Amarillo,...) and pubescens (Rocoto,...) that  hogleg sent me....

I'm still working on the final grow list.
But I'm really looking forward to start the action in a week or so.

Essegi said:
List and light are so cool!
Good luck!

Thanks man. You too.

I have sown Baccatums, Chinense's and Pubescens varieties earlier this evening.
Also updated the post with the grow list with sowing dates and numbers of seeds sown.

This is the current situation... nothing popped yet and it's been almost three hours ;)
Just kidding - will update when anything happens.
sowing18012016.jpg

The lights are staying off for now, just until I see at least one sprout.

That's it for now. The annums are gonna follow in about a week or two.

Comptine said:
I'm growing the goronong from the train as well! Super exciting! 

Yes it is :)

I think the seeds are from LuckyLuke, judging by the posts in EU seed train topic.
The season has officially started. I'm planning to sow the rest tomorrow evening.

Just noticed another hook in Malaysian Goronong Red cup.

Also sown the majority of Annums before, so I'm almost done with the sowing of peppers.
Some sweets are yet to follow and then some other veggies.

Looking forward for some more sprouts.

A whole bunch of Aji Amarillos sprouted this morning and also the number of Malaysian Goronong sprouts climbed up to 5....
Waiting for the others to make it above the soil...

Yesterday I've sown two varieties of sweet cayenne like peppers, one mild hot pepper and another mystery habanero from the giftpack I received last year.

I went to work a little later today, because of all the work we have to do, so that I'm extending the shift in the evening to finish some major orders...
Well, it's cloudy outside anyway and the kids need some time off of my nagging ;)

So in the morning I had the time to drink my coffe in peace and check on the growbox...
There is some new progress: Red Rocoto and Sicman's Mystery sprouted.

Needle99 said:
Looking Good. Nice list and setup.
Look forward to watching the progress!
Thanks.

Now when I got home I noticed that Butch T and Habanero White also joined the party when I was away :)

Hey, Uros.   Looks like an ambitious season for you.  
The grow box looks great; should work like a charm.

Good luck this year; I hope the Orange Habanero and
Aji Amarillo really perform for you!

PaulG said:
Hey, Uros.   Looks like an ambitious season for you.  
The grow box looks great; should work like a charm.

Good luck this year; I hope the Orange Habanero and
Aji Amarillo really perform for you!

Thank you. I hope it will.

Both sprouted and I'm looking forward to growing them. This is the first year for Orange Habanero for me. Got to try the Aji Amarillo last season but the yield was not as big as it could be - there was some weather problems beside late planting... so I got pretty much late fruit that ripened on the counter in november. The best were just the few that ripened on the plant before that.

Yeah the Ajis have a long grow season, all right.

Habanero Cappuccino and 7pot Brain Strain Red sprouted today.
Twelve up, about 30 yet to pop...

Got the fan running about half day in intervals to prevent mold on moist soil and seedlings like a little light breeze too.

PaulG said:
Yeah the Ajis have a long grow season, all right.

Very long indeed. And they get tall and pretty big too, before they start to ripen.

Ok, one more post without pics... will post a group shot sometime soon.

Another three poppers today: Sulu Adana, Chilhuacle Rojo and Goat's weed.
21 growing... we're halfway there, in two weeks and a half since planting first seeds.

NeedsWork said:
Something new almost every day - can't complain about that!  Nice work!  

Yup I really can't complain ... it's coming along nicely. Not doing a lot of work lately... just sprinkling and waiting ;)

moruga welder said:
great list my friend !  hope you have a great grow !       :onfire:

thanks mate, I hope so too... and likewise...

Back