• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

tsurrie's 2016 glog

So this is the new season... can't wait to put the seeds in the dirt.
I just finished preparing the grow "corner" for my future seedlings, and everything works fine.

atestledsfans.jpg

The lights are prepared and I plan not to go over 200 plants this year.. but we'll see how that goes.

Like last year ... I'm planning to grow mostly chinense's and annums... but there will be some baccatums (Aji Lemondrop, Aji Amarillo,...) and pubescens (Rocoto,...) that  hogleg sent me....

I'm still working on the final grow list.
But I'm really looking forward to start the action in a week or so.

Just finished transplanting another round of 60 plants, Chinenses and Annums.
My box and extra shelves are full now.

Got to give away some soon to make room for the final round when the remaining sprouts get big enough.

Since we live almost the same zone (if I understand well, I am from northern-east Italy, 150km from Slovenia, even if with Alp we can have a lot of differences) I'm quite curious to see your outdoor setup.

I have house in Croatia near Losinj island (my mother was born there) and I like very much Slovenia's landscape when I pass across. You have intense beatiful green colors along your road and I enjoy it every time!

Prekrasan krajolik! (I know that Croatian language it's different from Slovenian, but I think you can understand...)
Paolo

grispa72 said:
Since we live almost the same zone (if I understand well, I am from northern-east Italy, 150km from Slovenia, even if with Alp we can have a lot of differences) I'm quite curious to see your outdoor setup.

I have house in Croatia near Losinj island (my mother was born there) and I like very much Slovenia's landscape when I pass across. You have intense beatiful green colors along your road and I enjoy it every time!

Prekrasan krajolik! (I know that Croatian language it's different from Slovenian, but I think you can understand...)
Paolo

I have a greenhouse but mostly plant chilies directly in the garden and into pots. Nothing fancy and nothing changed since last year (check my last years glog if you find the time).

I'm thinking of going to Losinj (maybe Mali Losinj) this year for vacation. I hear the climate is really good down there. Gotta show the kids something different. We always went to Pag island for 4 years now, since the first one was born.

Of course I understand, but it's "prekrasna pokrajina" in Slovenian. Hey, if you like the coast... come check the mountains ;)

A little update today...
... I'm sad to say I have only one sprout for Chupetinho today and I planted these over one month ago
Also no sprouts at all for Datil, As Chili and Yellow Manzano :mope:

I had at least a few from each other varieties so the numbers are not bad at all...

In the meantime the transplanted seedlings are doing fine. Looks like they all rooted well and are starting to grow.

Shelve one....
shelveone29022016.jpg

Shelve two....
shelvetwo29022016.jpg

The box...
thebox29022016.jpg

I also sowed some basil...
basil29022016.jpg

and tomatoes a few days ago....
tomatoes29022016.jpg

Let it grow, let it grooooooow....
chiles29022016.jpg

tsurrie said:
Also no sprouts at all for Datil,
Must be a bad year for them... I got a wonderful 0 out of 7 in over one month (and same for yellow 7)... Now i've discarded that soil to make room for annuums.
Hope for the best next year.

Essegi said:
Must be a bad year for them... I got a wonderful 0 out of 7 in over one month (and same for yellow 7)... Now i've discarded that soil to make room for annuums.
Hope for the best next year.

Yeah, it looks like it. Got a lot of annums to plant?
Let's hope they'll germinate next year. Gotta mark it down to buy some seeds over the next winter.

santis00 said:
Probably due to leap year.. that extra day

:)
everything is possible

Transplanted 2x Chupetinho today, will still wait if As Chili and possible Thai sprouts.... but will let go of the others: Datil, Yellow Manzano and Habanero Cappucino... :/

Got around 160 pepper plants and 70 tomato plants  transplanted until now.
It will be enough for me and close family, a few even for friends.

I'm getting low on my sauces stash plus I really need to cut my freezer some slack...

so I made a little sauce today...
bunch of peppers from Aji Umba, Habanero Caribbean red,  7pots, Bhut Jolokias to some yellows like Scotch Bonnet
+ olive oil, big jar of homemade tomato sauce, just a zip or two of water, carrot, onions, garlic, rosemary, piment, basil, salt, sugar, apple vinegar
hotsauce11032016.jpg

Damn I wish those were fresh not frozen...
hotsauce11032016b.jpg

cookin'
hotsauce11032016c.jpg

blendin'
hotsauce11032016d.jpg

and bottlin'

yup, they were bottled but they're so bad ass  :hot: so I better let them cool in peace

tsurrie said:
I'm getting low on my sauces stash plus I really need to cut my freezer some slack...

so I made a little sauce today...
bunch of peppers from Aji Umba, Habanero Caribbean red,  7pots, Bhut Jolokias to some yellows like Scotch Bonnet
+ olive oil, big jar of homemade tomato sauce, just a zip or two of water, carrot, onions, garlic, rosemary, piment, basil, salt, sugar, apple vinegar
hotsauce11032016.jpg

Damn I wish those were fresh not frozen...
hotsauce11032016b.jpg

cookin'
hotsauce11032016c.jpg

blendin'
hotsauce11032016d.jpg

and bottlin'

yup, they were bottled but they're so bad ass  :hot: so I better let them cool in peace

damn, that looks great!

Trident chilli said:
Now all you need to do is design your own label to compliment that sauce .... looks impressive
Thanks.... You know I was already giving it some thought but was not satisfied with nothing I came up with ... Logowise... Ironically - I'm in label printing business...

I was not planning on selling but it would look nicer as giveaways too.

Hey, Uros.  Looks like your grow is progressing nicely this season.
The transplants in post #64 (bottom) really look nice and healthy.

Good work on the sauce, as well.  I'll bet it was hot   :mouthonfire: !

PaulG said:
Hey, Uros.  Looks like your grow is progressing nicely this season.
The transplants in post #64 (bottom) really look nice and healthy.

Good work on the sauce, as well.  I'll bet it was hot   :mouthonfire: !

Yeah they're coming along Paul. Thanks for visiting.
Oh yeah, the tasting was hard at times while cooking.... had to run to the window few times for air :):):)

Devv said:
Looks like everything clicking along nicely here :P

Good luck this season and enjoy the hot sauce!

Yeah it seems allright. They're growing slow :) but are bigger by the day.
Thanks and the same to you!
:cheers:

Back