Variety you are most excited about for 2016

My first year growing was this year and i grew  Jalapeno, Serrano, Habanero, Chocolate bhut, and Reapers,

Next year i want to add 
 Scorpion
 Fatali
 Datil (I live in FL close to St Aug so should have success!)

Off topic, I made a Datil type sauce but used my chocolate bhuts and it turned out gangster!! (got the recipe off this wonderful forum!!)

BlackFatalii said:
Aji Fantasy
Aji Jobito
Aji Margariteno
Cabai Burung Ungu
CARDI Yellow Scorpion
Cumari do Para
Orange Starfish
Purple Pumpkin
Purple UFO
Interesing ones. Especially "Aji Jobito". Where do you got the seeds from? I´m really looking for a mild chinense with thick walls.

Zackorz said:
Interesing ones. Especially "Aji Jobito". Where do you got the seeds from? I´m really looking for a mild chinense with thick walls.

I got them from LindbergF, when he was offering them for sale a few months ago. Not sure if he is still selling them or not. I don't know of any seed vendors that have this variety yet. But there is a charity auction thread with all the Lindberg sweet pepper varieties here: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/58333-aji-jobito-charity-auction-benefit-for-fig/  Other mild chinenses that might be easier to find are the Trinidad Perfume and Venezuelan Tiger.

BlackFatalii said:

I got them from LindbergF, when he was offering them for sale a few months ago. Not sure if he is still selling them or not. I don't know of any seed vendors that have this variety yet. But there is a charity auction thread with all the Lindberg sweet pepper varieties here: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/58333-aji-jobito-charity-auction-benefit-for-fig/  Other mild chinenses that might be easier to find are the Trinidad Perfume and Venezuelan Tiger.

Nice idea this auction and cool peppers, but a little bit too much money for me . I hope Lindberg still have some seeds avaiiable.

I cant wait to grow some more yellow 7 pods :party: !!!  I over wintered one of my plants so that I could get a massive head start in 2016.  I'm also going to try and grow the Neil S. scorpion in one of my raised beds and another one in a pot just to see how they compare size/production wise.

Jase4224 said:
Definitely want to see the Niel S results!

I'm growing his Tabanaga and Baby Morich now and they are just starting to get flower buds

The baby morich is an awesome plant!   Mine kept flowering and producing pods until about a month ago when some very heavy frosts stuck around for about a week.  The peppers are delicious and hot...but not too hot. 

Good luck

Good to hear from someone that has grown it. I have two plants and they look quite different from each other so interested to see if the pods are varied also..

Buzzman19 said:

The Red Congo is one awesome pepper, best habanero type sauce pepper there is!
I have my first Congo SR ripening right now that I'm overwintering. That plant only produced 1 pod and its only about a foot tall. I'm looking forward to planting it in February and getting some good pods out of this plant next season. Its orange right now and just starting to show a little red color. I'm guessing a couple weeks before its fully ripe.

coachspencerxc said:
I'm growing a yellow Tabasco x Naga and orange Tabasco x Naga. Also Jack Skaggs' Tepin x Giant White Hab in white & yellow.
Those sound like they would  great in making a sauce or a cayenne x naga best of luck in 2016

coachspencerxc said:
I'm growing a yellow Tabasco x Naga and orange Tabasco x Naga. Also Jack Skaggs' Tepin x Giant White Hab in white & yellow.
Where did you get the seeds for yellow and orange Tabasco? I'm growing a 'yellow Tabasco' now (just setting first pods!) that I bought from Rahi seed bank but it looks like an anuum to me. Not to mention the yellow Jamaican scotch bonnets are not even chinense. So far not happy with this supplier.. I was super excited about the yellow Tabasco too

The
Jase4224 said:
Where did you get the seeds for yellow and orange Tabasco? I'm growing a 'yellow Tabasco' now (just setting first pods!) that I bought from Rahi seed bank but it looks like an anuum to me. Not to mention the yellow Jamaican scotch bonnets are not even chinense. So far not happy with this supplier.. I was super excited about the yellow Tabasco too
The Tabasco itself is red but the cross came out in 3 colors- yellow, orange & red.

For me it would have to be

MoA (Just recently heard about it)
Aji Sugar Rush (For jellies and jams)
Chocolate Primo Reaper (Cause this just looks like a mean pod.)

Other than that im just excited in general for most of my plants as this will be a big year for growing for me

Hurley said:
I want to try my hand at growing Yellow Fatalii and Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion.

Or any hot pepper that is sweet
Id give the MoA Scotch Bonnet a try then, they have like a pineapple like taste to them and are around medium level heat so they are great for cooking with and eating raw.

I´m most exited about:

Jalapeno Pumpkin Spice
Jalapeno Orange Spice
Jalapeno Lemon Spice
Aji Cuerno de Torro
Elysium Oxide Bonnet Mustard
Bhut Jolokia x Jalapeno
Aji Calabaza
Pineapple Rocoto

I planted 6 CPR seeds. I'm sending the other 4 seeds out to someone today. I'd say that's the variety I'm most looking forward to, so I sure hope the ones I planted sprout. I've got a lot of things I'm excited about. Yellow Naga Brain & Yellow BBG were the first to pop (this weekend) & were high on the list. I've cut my grow by about 33% this year & will be planting about 120 varieties- 200 plants.

Back